Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 80

Thread: Add-a-Line Rules copy-pasted from TF's promo email

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    1,052
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I got a call back this morning regarding the AAL pending points that I didn't get when activating refurb XR (myself) on 9/20. This is my 5th interaction with TF support about this case. Today's rep said the case is still being investigated, but (this is a new twist) "There's a 10-day cooling period for AAL points, so the pending points could be added anytime within 10 days from activation". I called B.S. on that one and just ended the call. I'm too tired to fight any more for this line.
    OMG hpham, this is terrible that you have to put up with all this! Five transactions with TF just to get your rightful points is just so unfair! I think you should just complain to the FCC. That way, you'll only have to fill out the form once, and FCC will do the rest for you.

    (I was going to say BBB, but seems like TF under Verizon has stopped caring for BBB ratings based on what people have posted here. But the FCC is the supreme authority right, so Verizon should still care about a complaint made to the FCC, I think.)

    In fact, now that I think about it, shouldn't the FTC be interested in such things too, given that TF has been advertising those Add-a-Line points so aggressively on the website? This is false advertising - promising 10K points and then making people go round in circles forever before giving those points. And on top of it, what if they give those 10K points and then make the points disappear before they become available!

    Maybe complaints to authorities like the FCC and FTC will make Tracfone clean up their act.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    368
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by PHL1365 View Post
    They were for HSN bundles, and the bonus was only 7K at the time. First one was using a referral, 2nd one I added online myself and had to get a CSR to manually credit the points.
    Just to update, I checked my account activity and I earned 63 points for each of HSN bundles that I added in July. The first one was along with an 8K referral bonus, and the other 3 were AAL's.

    Whether they actually vested or not is a separate question, but I think they did.

    I tallied everything up and I have 10,070 points still pending. The 10K is obvious, but I have no idea why the other 70 are still pending. I had done some of the "earn points" activities over the last few weeks.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    12,509
    Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    OMG hpham, this is terrible that you have to put up with all this! Five transactions with TF just to get your rightful points is just so unfair! I think you should just complain to the FCC. That way, you'll only have to fill out the form once, and FCC will do the rest for you.
    OK, I just filed the following complaint with the FCC:

    Company: Tracfone

    Problem: False Advertising

    Description: Tracfone is advertising a promotion in which if you add a new phone line to your account during Sept 2022 then 10,000 Reward Points will be awarded. These 10,000 points will be in pending status for 60 days, then become available for redemption. These points can be redeemed for airtime cards or discount on phone purchases. 10,000 points can be redeemed for $100 in airtime cards.

    I added a new phone line to my Tracfone account on 9/20/22 but didn't get any Reward points. I've had 5 phone calls with Tracfone about this issue but kept getting the runaround and still haven't got any reward points as of 9/23/22.

    We'll see if it does any good.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    91
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    This is the one generating all the talk about earning 10,000 points.
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...-19-99-on-eBay

    Before making ANY changes to your account or the phones within, run your plans by us here to see if anyone sees a way you will lose points.
    Thanks Tracfancier. I'll study up. So far all I've done is activate the two phones from my account on separate days (so I could tell them apart). Each got a new phone number and my account showed I had 2 active phones before adding these, and now shows 4 active phones. I have screen-grabs of all of the activation steps. I had two unproductive chats with CSRs, and then the callback from rewards support in which the CSR there said it should be taken care of, with a promise of another callback after 24 hours to give me the status. Perhaps the fact that these are new phones sourced from Tracfone might help my odds. But from what I've read, I'd better not count on it.

    At least I do like the TCL A3 phones. My wife's and my needs are simple and these seem to meet them just fine.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    91
    Feedback Score
    0
    Yippee! My rewards account shows that I have 20,000 "agent provided" points added to my account. They are showing as pending. I still have the 63 points per line pending as well. I felt good about the CSR from rewards support that I spoke with and guess I got lucky.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    608
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    OK, I just filed the following complaint with the FCC:

    Company: Tracfone

    Problem: False Advertising

    Description: Tracfone is advertising a promotion in which if you add a new phone line to your account during Sept 2022 then 10,000 Reward Points will be awarded. These 10,000 points will be in pending status for 60 days, then become available for redemption. These points can be redeemed for airtime cards or discount on phone purchases. 10,000 points can be redeemed for $100 in airtime cards.

    I added a new phone line to my Tracfone account on 9/20/22 but didn't get any Reward points. I've had 5 phone calls with Tracfone about this issue but kept getting the runaround and still haven't got any reward points as of 9/23/22.

    We'll see if it does any good.
    Really sorry to hear about your experience, @hpham.

    Quote Originally Posted by ultrawolf View Post
    Yippee! My rewards account shows that I have 20,000 "agent provided" points added to my account. They are showing as pending. I still have the 63 points per line pending as well. I felt good about the CSR from rewards support that I spoke with and guess I got lucky.
    Glad to hear that @ultrawolf. That must be such a relief.

    @hpham and @ultrawolf I'm curious about how each of you added your line(s)? Did you do this yourself using the app or a web browser. Or, was this via a CSR?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    91
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by russsell View Post
    @hpham and @ultrawolf I'm curious about how each of you added your line(s)? Did you do this yourself using the app or a web browser. Or, was this via a CSR?
    I logged into my account via web browser and then used the routine to add a line. No phone call or chat with CSR to add the lines.

    Reasons I may have ultimately received my points:

    - I'm not a big accumulator of points. I had ~16000 before adding the lines.
    - The phones I added were new, purchased from Tracfone on ebay.
    - I think I got lucky with a helpful and thorough CSR. And I was courteous and patient on the phone.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    12,509
    Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by russsell View Post
    @hpham I'm curious about how you added your line?
    I logged into my account using my PC and added a line (which automatically activated). When I had a rep added a line to my other account (for activation later) a few days earlier, the points were added but two other active lines and the new phone were totally removed from the account. That probably jeopardize their pending points, so I didn't want to go through a rep again.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    608
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ultrawolf View Post
    I logged into my account via web browser and then used the routine to add a line. No phone call or chat with CSR to add the lines.

    Reasons I may have ultimately received my points:

    - I'm not a big accumulator of points. I had ~16000 before adding the lines.
    - The phones I added were new, purchased from Tracfone on ebay.
    - I think I got lucky with a helpful and thorough CSR. And I was courteous and patient on the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I logged into my account using my PC and added a line (which automatically activated). When I had a rep added a line to my other account (for activation later) a few days earlier, the points were added but two other active lines and the new phone were totally removed from the account. That probably jeopardize their pending points, so I didn't want to go through a rep again.
    So, if I read this correctly, you both used a web browser. @ultrawolf did NOT get the points but @hpham GOT the points (and later, possibly due to actions by another rep, lost them). If this is correct, using a web browser from this sample of 2 is a hit or miss thing. A few months ago I experienced the same thing as @ultrawolf and had to get it rectified later.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    12,509
    Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by russsell View Post
    So, if I read this correctly, you both used a web browser. @ultrawolf did NOT get the points but @hpham GOT the points (and later, possibly due to actions by another rep, lost them). If this is correct, using a web browser from this sample of 2 is a hit or miss thing. A few months ago I experienced the same thing as @ultrawolf and had to get it rectified later.
    You got it reversed. ultrawolf got the points after several calls with TF and found a helpful rep. I still don't have any points after 5 calls with TF. Yes, activating on the web site yourself is a hit or miss thing.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,674
    Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, Samsung A53 5G, Pixel 6a, Samsung A51
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ultrawolf View Post
    Second chat agent was slightly more helpful. .... offered to have a Rewards Support person call me. I agreed, received call within 10 minutes. Rewards support agreed I should have 20,000 pending points showing, documented everything and said case must be elevated to get points awarded, which should occur within 24 hours. I am to receive another call back in 24 hours to confirm. Keeping fingers crossed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ultrawolf View Post
    Yippee! My rewards account shows that I have 20,000 "agent provided" points added to my account. They are showing as pending. I still have the 63 points per line pending as well. I felt good about the CSR from rewards support that I spoke with and guess I got lucky.
    hpham have you try getting referred to the rewards department or rewards support person with a callback by chat ?

    besides any direct calling to TF corp office w/callbacks etc

    Of course every situation is different and ymmv always

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    12,509
    Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    hpham have you try getting referred to the rewards department or rewards support person with a callback by chat ?
    I haven't used Chat to request a callback from Rewards Dept, but during each of the 5 calls (3 calls to Corporate, 2 callbacks) I asked to be transferred to the Rewards Dept and was told either "there's no such dept" or "you're already at the highest support level". I do know that there IS a Rewards Dept because in the past I had been transferred to them.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    12,509
    Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I haven't used Chat to request a callback from Rewards Dept...
    About an hour ago, I used Chat to request a callback from TF Rewards dept. Just got the call and this rep confirmed that he's with the Loyalty/Rewards dept. He looked at my account and said there are 10K points to be added on 9/30, which is 10-day "cooling period" after the line was activated on 9/20 (another rep told me the same thing in one of the previous calls). I asked him why the points were not given immediately on 9/20 when the line was activated, and he again referred to the 10-day cooling period. I asked when the points will be added on 9/30, will they be available for use right away or there will be a 60-day wait from 9/30. He said the points should be available for use right away. If that's true, it's great, but I'm OK with waiting 60 days from 9/30 as long as the points will be added.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    171
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    About an hour ago, I used Chat to request a callback from TF Rewards dept. Just got the call and this rep confirmed that he's with the Loyalty/Rewards dept. He looked at my account and said there are 10K points to be added on 9/30, which is 10-day "cooling period" after the line was activated on 9/20 (another rep told me the same thing in one of the previous calls). I asked him why the points were not given immediately on 9/20 when the line was activated, and he again referred to the 10-day cooling period. I asked when the points will be added on 9/30, will they be available for use right away or there will be a 60-day wait from 9/30. He said the points should be available for use right away. If that's true, it's great, but I'm OK with waiting 60 days from 9/30 as long as the points will be added.
    Suggestion,

    Call the corp number and ext, when they answer, tell them you did not get your 10k reward points when you added a line, give them the primary phone number not the new one.
    Thats what i did when i didn’t get the points from adding from my rewards portal.

    Got 6000 then 4000 the next day, like was mentioned above.

    Heard the same story about 30 days from calling in to 800 # and from the call back #.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    12,509
    Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kaZZoo View Post
    Suggestion,

    Call the corp number and ext, when they answer, tell them you did not get your 10k reward points when you added a line, give them the primary phone number not the new one.
    Thats what i did when i didn’t get the points from adding from my rewards portal.
    Thank you for your suggestion but I've been doing that with the last 6 calls. I used my main phone number (the account holder) to call in, answer the call back, and receive the security code. I only mentioned the new line number when they explicitly asked for it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Can you copy pics from the phone to tf card in an E815?
    By Androulakis in forum Feature Phones
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-20-2006, 10:47 AM
  2. copy from TF to phone V3m?
    By judgefred in forum Feature Phones
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-03-2006, 02:18 AM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-19-2005, 02:37 AM
  4. BUG? Copying songs from TF to v710
    By bdoggs9_999 in forum Feature Phones
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-19-2004, 04:46 PM
  5. Copying images from TF problem
    By fishfuzz in forum Feature Phones
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-30-2004, 01:31 PM

Bookmarks