Thread: What is wrong with TF chat window?

Device(s)
    TF Moto E 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

What is wrong with TF chat window?

I have tried this many times and the same thing happens every time. I navigate thorugh TF website starting with Contact US at the bottom of the page and ultimately get to a Chat Window. THis shows up in the lower right corner of my screen on the desktop. I'm using a Chrome browser but also got the same result with Edge. I fill out the initial chat screen but when I complete the fields and hit enter, it doesn't do anything. I never get in line for chat.

Anyone have this situation or a better way to get to chat?Name:  Chat phone.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  46.2 KB
    TZ

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    You could try the following links to see if there's any difference from the link you already tried.

http://tracfone.com/case_select_action.jsp (Red Chat Button Appears After Page Loads)

http://tracfone.com/contactus?showchat=true (Green Chat Button Appears After Page Loads)

Device(s)
    TF Moto E 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    You could try the following links to see if there's any difference from the link you already tried.

http://tracfone.com/case_select_action.jsp (Red Chat Button Appears After Page Loads)

http://tracfone.com/contactus?showchat=true (Green Chat Button Appears After Page Loads)
    Thanks. None of those links get me to a chat button.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tzais01 View Post
    Thanks. None of those links get me to a chat button.
    Hmmm...they both work for me using Edge and Chrome.

Can you try it on a different computer?

Device(s)
    TF Moto E 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I just went into the APP and am chatting with them now. So frustrating though for it not to work on PC. Thanks for your help though.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Use your browser control to zoom out. Then, there is a way to resize the chat window in the lower right corner. Once you enlarge the window, the chat button will be there.

Device(s)
    TF Moto E 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PHL1365 View Post
    Use your browser control to zoom out. Then, there is a way to resize the chat window in the lower right corner. Once you enlarge the window, the chat button will be there.
    Gotcha. When I resize the window, the whole window changes. Thank you!

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Also, if necessary, use the chat on the buy phones page. They will transfer you over to the correct chat. Those who they transfer you to seem to be more knowledgeable and proficient...but with TF ymmv.

Feedback Score
    Grab the chat window and drag it to the center of your screen. Then grab the lower right corner of the chat window and make the window bigger, then the Chat button will show.

Device(s)
    TF Moto E 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Thank you. I was able to do that finally. It's not intuitive, but now I'll remember to do that.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, iPhone SE 2020, Samsung A51, Samsung A20
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Another way to enter the chat when there is no green start chat button visible is to first fill out the pre-chat fields and then place the cursor in the Name field for example and press enter on the keyboard. This takes you to the chat rep window.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 94
Size:  47.2 KB

Device(s)
    TF Moto E 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    Another way to enter the chat when there is no green start chat button visible is to first fill out the pre-chat fields and then place the cursor in the Name field for example and press enter on the keyboard. This takes you to the chat rep window.

Views: 94
Size:  47.2 KB
    Thanks. Seems that would be at the bottom field, not near the top.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tzais01 View Post
    Thanks. Seems that would be at the bottom field, not near the top.
    I believe you can enter the chat from any personal info entry field. I just used Name as an example. It is the one I usually use since I have confirmed it works.

Anyway, I don't think it is intended for you to enter the chat like that... pressing enter on a field.. it's just something someone noticed as possible once in a thread where a member was not able to resize the window at all and as a result could not enter the chat.

For those who can resize, this enter field way may be a little faster/easier than resizing the chat window.

Hmmm...they both work for me using Edge and Chrome.

I can also see the green start chat button on the chat window with the 1st URL:

https://www.tracfone.com/case_select_action.jsp?

Views: 36
Size:  14.3 KB

Name:  also.JPG
Views: 52
Size:  40.8 KB

But not from the second url. With that one I have to either resize the chat window by moving it out and up and then expanding it from the bottom right corner until the green start chat button shows or I just press enter as described.

(after entering via the green chat with us button)

Views: 46
Size:  41.9 KB
    Last edited by tomseys; 09-18-2022 at 12:38 PM. Reason: typos galore, sentences, content etc

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    On the old website, the chat link was on a different URL and had a different page that looked like this:

Name:  chat.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  43.1 KB

The chat window that followed pressing the red chat button used to load correctly... full enough to see the green start chat button.

Seems the chat window not loading right on the new chat page requiring manual resizing to access the green start chat button is just one more issue with the new site.

I remember stumbling on the first 404 link above and for some reason, maybe it was the path to it, I thought it might be related to this older chat page with a chat window that I think loads fully for most. But maybe not.

Now the old chat URL just forwards to the new chat URL.