Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: How does FREE IPHONE 14 from Verizon work?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    5
    Feedback Score
    0

    How does FREE IPHONE 14 from Verizon work?

    Been seeing Verizon commercials promoting free iPhone 14. So how do I get it, just sign up for any Verizon plan (even prepaid?) and they give you a free iPhone 14? I've always been on a family plan (not Verizon) so I have no idea how this all works.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,678
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by acer00 View Post
    Been seeing Verizon commercials promoting free iPhone 14. So how do I get it, just sign up for any Verizon plan (even prepaid?) and they give you a free iPhone 14? I've always been on a family plan (not Verizon) so I have no idea how this all works.
    see here - https://9to5mac.com/2022/09/09/best-...e-order-deals/
    you get the iphone 14 Pro free with trade-in.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    3,720
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by acer00 View Post
    Been seeing Verizon commercials promoting free iPhone 14. So how do I get it, just sign up for any Verizon plan (even prepaid?) and they give you a free iPhone 14?
    HAHA.No

    A) Verizon PREMIUM unlimited plan.
    B) Device payment discount over 36 months. If you leave before 36 months you lose all remaining credits

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    119
    Feedback Score
    0
    Better off buying thru apple, with apple card, 0% financed 24 months.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,383
    Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone SE 2016
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, Mobi, Boom
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kaZZoo View Post
    Better off buying thru apple, with apple card, 0% financed 24 months.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    This is one of those things that it varies. Large enough multi-line family plan, and know that the network is good for you already, and willing to commit to 3 years, it can be a better deal. Plus, unlike ATT, the phones are unlocked after 60 days so can still have flexibility for travel.

    In my case, Apple card (get 3% cash back), buy unlocked, and convince myself to hold. I'm nearly 2 years into my 12 pro, and planning to stay with it.
    iPhone 12 Pro is my current phone I carry.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    7,949
    Device(s)
    iPhone 13 ProMax, Fold 3
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, AT$T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    This is one of those things that it varies. Large enough multi-line family plan, and know that the network is good for you already, and willing to commit to 3 years, it can be a better deal. Plus, unlike ATT, the phones are unlocked after 60 days so can still have flexibility for travel.

    In my case, Apple card (get 3% cash back), buy unlocked, and convince myself to hold. I'm nearly 2 years into my 12 pro, and planning to stay with it.
    I buy mine directly from Apple too, but it's just because I want unlocked, and that leaves the option of me using prepaid when I want to be cheap and not pay for a postpaid account that has international roaming.

    My parents/aunt who are on a Verizon family plan and could never fathom leaving verizon, these deals work for them as they keep their phones 4-5yrs anyway.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,383
    Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone SE 2016
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, Mobi, Boom
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    I buy mine directly from Apple too, but it's just because I want unlocked, and that leaves the option of me using prepaid when I want to be cheap and not pay for a postpaid account that has international roaming.

    My parents/aunt who are on a Verizon family plan and could never fathom leaving verizon, these deals work for them as they keep their phones 4-5yrs anyway.
    At least, in comparison with the old contract days, if you don't upgrade your prices go down. How much they go down depends on the deal you had, though.

    Used to be, I could buy a $650 iPhone for $200 with approximately 2 year contract. No bump in payments. But when the 2 years were up your ETF would end, but your payments remained the same. You felt you were leaving money on the table if you didn't buy a new subsidized phone.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    7,949
    Device(s)
    iPhone 13 ProMax, Fold 3
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, AT$T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    At least, in comparison with the old contract days, if you don't upgrade your prices go down. How much they go down depends on the deal you had, though.

    Used to be, I could buy a $650 iPhone for $200 with approximately 2 year contract. No bump in payments. But when the 2 years were up your ETF would end, but your payments remained the same. You felt you were leaving money on the table if you didn't buy a new subsidized phone.
    Yeah, they were on Do More anyway.. and the iPhone 11's were still doing fine.. but about time for a battery replacement.

    I just did the trade in deal for all three of them, these will last 3yrs easily and they'll have access to 5G now (UW is actually rolling out in Columbus at a decent pace finally, so they will actually get use out of it)

    So for them, it made more sense to do the trade in with verizon, but for someone like me, it just does not.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    3,720
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    This is one of those things that it varies. Large enough multi-line family plan, and know that the network is good for you already, and willing to commit to 3 years, it can be a better deal. Plus, unlike ATT, the phones are unlocked after 60 days so can still have flexibility for travel.
    If you buy straight from Apple it's unlocked from day 1

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    3,720
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    At least, in comparison with the old contract days, if you don't upgrade your prices go down. How much they go down depends on the deal you had, though.

    Used to be, I could buy a $650 iPhone for $200 with approximately 2 year contract. No bump in payments. But when the 2 years were up your ETF would end, but your payments remained the same. You felt you were leaving money on the table if you didn't buy a new subsidized phone.
    Actually the old "Verizon plans" charged you $20 more per line if you took a subsidized phone on a 2 year contact

    $200 plus $480( $20 X 24 months )=$680. You were better off buying the phone outright or doing device payments

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,383
    Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone SE 2016
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, Mobi, Boom
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Actually the old "Verizon plans" charged you $20 more per line if you took a subsidized phone on a 2 year contact

    $200 plus $480( $20 X 24 months )=$680. You were better off buying the phone outright or doing device payments
    Forgot I was on a Verizon forum. When I was doing contracts it was ATT.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,383
    Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone SE 2016
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, Mobi, Boom
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    If you buy straight from Apple it's unlocked from day 1
    That sounds right for Verizon. The only phones officially locked sold from Apple are those financed by ATT. And there are claims by some that those aren't always locked.

    At least with Verizon owned companies, on Verizon service, if you buy an iPhone you know it will be unlocked no later than 60 days. Maybe from day 1.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    243
    Device(s)
    9630 BB Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Yup. Have to get the premium plan. They don’t care about anyone on the start plans. They can afford to lose these people.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    7,949
    Device(s)
    iPhone 13 ProMax, Fold 3
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, AT$T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dentite View Post
    Yup. Have to get the premium plan. They don’t care about anyone on the start plans. They can afford to lose these people.
    Thing is, they cannot. There's a reason T-Mobile overtook them in market cap (far better management, simpler plans, better overall customer experience)

    Verizon's problem is they have far too many plan choices, old school MaBell management style, and a delusion going they're still the absolute best network.

    Point: they simply do not know how to compete.. They no longer have CDMA reliability to fall back on, and their paper thin B13 LTE rural coverage is not doing it anymore because people *acutally* use data now... AT&T has pretty much caught up (and generally has a better low-band portfolio to boot), and T-Mobile is not far behind.

Similar Threads

  1. How does their iPhone trade in program work?
    By gambit57 in forum Sprint
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-15-2014, 01:49 AM
  2. How does porting your number from Telus to another carrier work?
    By tyce_04 in forum TELUS/Koodo/Public Mobile
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 08:54 PM
  3. How does the iphone work?
    By mobilephonie in forum Apple
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-06-2008, 12:27 PM
  4. How does an iPhone 2 year extension work?
    By TheGodMachine in forum Apple
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-12-2008, 11:04 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-14-2006, 11:36 PM

Bookmarks