Thread: No cellular data on iPhoneX after ISO16 update.

Feedback Score

No cellular data on iPhoneX after ISO16 update.

Hi all

I am not sure if this is related to the recent iOS 16 update on my iPhone X or not, but I am not able to use cellular data. I get the following message in Safari "Could not activate cellular data network." I have done everything I can think of including.

Resetting the phone
    Resetting the network settings
    Checking for carrier updates
    Turning airplane mode off and then back on again
    Turning cellular data off and then back on again
    Removing my SIM card and then reinserting it
    Removing and reinstalling an APN

I am getting a new iPhone from T-Mobile in coming weeks/month, but would like to able to use my cell data before then. Also concerned that this problem may carry over to my new phone.

I am hoping that someone else has some suggestions for fixing this problem

Thanks in advance

Feedback Score
    Hey all

Just posting an update. I chatted with PP last night and the only thing can tell me is "Your phones not require APN reprogramming." While I am not 100% I think they are wrong, as phone currently the APN tracfone.vzwentp and several places on the web are showing that is should be vzwinternet (I guessing, as Verizon bought them out).

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    vzwinternet should be the correct APN.

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wyophoneguy View Post
    I think they are wrong, as phone currently the APN tracfone.vzwentp and several places on the web are showing that is should be vzwinternet (I guessing, as Verizon bought them out).
    APN VZWINTERNET was in use before Verizon bought TF. It used to be that TF-branded phone use TRACFONE.VZWENTP and BYOP use VZWINTERNET. But now it's not clear cut. If one doesn't work, try the other.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply

I am just not sure how to load this on to my phone. I know that if I go to http://ivzwentp.tracfone.com in Safari that I can download and then install the other (older) APN. Everything I read on the web shows me how to update my APN settings, but for whatever reason I am not able change any of these settings on my phone. I have heard that some providers don't allow this and I am guessing this is the case with PP and/or Verizon, their new owner. I just need to know if their is a website like the one I listed about that is solely there for the purpose of downloading this new APN profile. Really I am just frustrated that when you chat with PP they seem to think everything is okay, even after they have NOT given you ANY help or suggestions for fixing your problems. I have never had any problems until this week with this company and was very happy with the service I received for the money I have been paying. At this point I just think maybe I got lucky and did not need to contact them for help, so I never knew what type of service that really offered.

Wyophoneguy

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wyophoneguy View Post
    for whatever reason I am not able change any of these settings on my phone.
    Are you by chance using an eSIM of another provider in your phone? If yes, take a look at THIS POST .

Feedback Score
    Nope, the iPhone X requires a actual SIM card. The new phone iPhone 14 Pro that I getting sometime next will however take use an eSIM.

Feedback Score
    Hey all,

Just posting an update about my problem. First and foremost I did call PP last week, but got disconnected while being on hold to talk with a CSR. It looks, as though their online chat feature has been disabled, as it sends you to a "Contact Page Plus Cellular" page on their website. I have kinda just given up any hope of getting this issue fixed and that is fine. I say this, as I am getting a new phone from T-Mobile and it looks they were able ship it out early and UPS should be delivering it tomorrow afternoon. On a side note I did to call to PP today and was able to speak to a CSR with no problems. I called to confirm my account number and PIN code, so I can port my number to my new phone once it arrives. I however have heard horror stories about this process (mostly on the PP end), so I am hoping everything goes well. If not I may just opt for a new number with T-Mobile.

Carrier(s)
    ATT,
    Feedback Score
    I had no issues with iOS 16 update and data

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by icebook View Post
    I had no issues with iOS 16 update and data
    Someone else told me that they thought it was an issue with my SIM card and that I should and request a new. I told them that I was supposed to get a new iPhone from T-Mobile in the next few days and that after that I would shipping my old iPhone to them for credit, as trade-in, so I did not think it was worth getting.