Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Verizon customers to see speed and performance benefits from 200 MHz C-band spectrum

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    I agree they buy spectrum to be used. The question is as to the when. Again take my area example in post #18, it is NOT a cow and cornfield area. Verizon has not even provide LTE capacity to the area. There are plenty of users here to take advantage of even LTE Home internet. Again the when. Based on their LTE track record here, even if they own the spectrum, I don't see c-band here before 2030. But they'll be implementing the next generation of tech by then and areas like mine will be pushed back to the bottom of the list. Based on your examples alone, it is not obvious that Verizon or any other carrier does not use the urban, interstate or other major user criteria. JMHO.
    you said in post #18 "My issue is the nearest tower to me is 5 miles away at the nearest small town. No other tower for 15 miles." If that's tur that's on YOU that you choose to live in such an isolated area. Not sure why Verizon should be obligated to spend millions on building and maintaining a tower in areas with more cows than people. Unless you lived near a major highway then Verizon would obviously be building a tower there. Also your case is an extreme outlier. I live in an area where I'm over 50 miles away from town with more than 10,000 people. I live in the largest city in my county and it has just 3500 people and there are only two incorporated cities/towns in my whole county.

s far as the 2030 comment any areas that are going to get c-band will get them long before 2030. c-band is for capacity and it sure doesn't seem like you area would need that much capacity adding band 5( if you area has it you're not specific enough for me to know )and adding bands 2 and 66( once again without knowing your area it's hard to tell how much is available ) could be enough. Also here's the thing, c-band at that tower won't reach you but it will reach the people in that town. Which means they are much less likely to be using the low band you are currently using which still helps you

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    I agree they buy spectrum to be used. The question is as to the when. Again take my area example in post #18, it is NOT a cow and cornfield area. Verizon has not even provide LTE capacity to the area. There are plenty of users here to take advantage of even LTE Home internet. Again the when. Based on their LTE track record here, even if they own the spectrum, I don't see c-band here before 2030. But they'll be implementing the next generation of tech by then and areas like mine will be pushed back to the bottom of the list. Based on your examples alone, it is not obvious that Verizon or any other carrier does not use the urban, interstate or other major user criteria. JMHO.
    There are always those tricky areas where for some unfathomable reason, a carrier does not provide service at al, or less-than-ideal service. I hear you loud and clear on that matter. However, those individual areas do no mean the carrier as a whole does not care about any type of area as a whole, it just indicates that they have a problem in your particular area or any other particular area that needs addressing pronto.

I have no clue how to get any action taken, or even how to get a response or answer from carrier about why the situation exists in any particular place, they just do not talk about those things…..at all. I feel your pain, I know how it is.

Before Verizon came up with the LTEiRA program we had no chance of ever getting LTE from the local CDMA carrier. They did not own enough spectrum and had no plans at all to add LTE to their system, and Verizon had no plans of ever building a system here. But they did come up with the LTE in Rural America program that allowed our local carrier access to spectrum for the specific purpose of getting LTE out so that both they and Verizon’s customers could use it, should the happen to be here. But, in places where Verizon DOES own spectrum and have a system, there should be no excuse for them not to serve everywhere. That’s just MHO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    you said in post #18 "My issue is the nearest tower to me is 5 miles away at the nearest small town. No other tower for 15 miles." If that's tur that's on YOU that you choose to live in such an isolated area. Not sure why Verizon should be obligated to spend millions on building and maintaining a tower in areas with more cows than people. Unless you lived near a major highway then Verizon would obviously be building a tower there. Also your case is an extreme outlier. I live in an area where I'm over 50 miles away from town with more than 10,000 people. I live in the largest city in my county and it has just 3500 people and there are only two incorporated cities/towns in my whole county.

s far as the 2030 comment any areas that are going to get c-band will get them long before 2030. c-band is for capacity and it sure doesn't seem like you area would need that much capacity adding band 5( if you area has it you're not specific enough for me to know )and adding bands 2 and 66( once again without knowing your area it's hard to tell how much is available ) could be enough. Also here's the thing, c-band at that tower won't reach you but it will reach the people in that town. Which means they are much less likely to be using the low band you are currently using which still helps you
    You totally misrepresent what I tried to described. It is NOT isolated. I'll try again.
    The town where the tower is is right along a major state highway with plenty of traffic. Several thousand people surround the town in multiple subdivisions. They work in the major city 20 miles away. When I moved here cell was in it's infancy. Then it was 2G/3G. The tower at that time was a couple miles from my place and then for some reason instead of adding a tower they relocated it to the town. Coverage was still good because it was 2G/3G with better range then LTE. Then with LTE things went down hill.
    Like I said, I'd be content with reliable LTE. I don't need c-band. With everyone needing to use wireless for their internet here the capacity is gone as I also said. My phone constantly goes between 2, 5, and 13.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mwdewey View Post
    There are always those tricky areas where for some unfathomable reason, a carrier does not provide service at al, or less-than-ideal service. I hear you loud and clear on that matter. However, those individual areas do no mean the carrier as a whole does not care about any type of area as a whole, it just indicates that they have a problem in your particular area or any other particular area that needs addressing pronto.

I have no clue how to get any action taken, or even how to get a response or answer from carrier about why the situation exists in any particular place, they just do not talk about those things…..at all. I feel your pain, I know how it is.

Before Verizon came up with the LTEiRA program we had no chance of ever getting LTE from the local CDMA carrier. They did not own enough spectrum and had no plans at all to add LTE to their system, and Verizon had no plans of ever building a system here. But they did come up with the LTE in Rural America program that allowed our local carrier access to spectrum for the specific purpose of getting LTE out so that both they and Verizon’s customers could use it, should the happen to be here. But, in places where Verizon DOES own spectrum and have a system, there should be no excuse for them not to serve everywhere. That’s just MHO.
    Thanks for understanding my situation. It is not unique. I have friends across the country in similar situations in even more populated environments. No rhyme nor reason.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3