Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Straight Talk Introduces Home Internet Plan on Verizon Network – Unlimited Data for $45/mo

Device(s)
    Unihertz Titan on T-Mobile, Unihertz TickTock on Verizon Wireless, Samsung Galaxy Tab Active Pro
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile▪, Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Exclamation Straight Talk Introduces Home Internet Plan on Verizon Network – Unlimited Data for $45/mo

New Unlimited Data Home Internet Plan just launched YESTERDAY, Monday, October 17th, 2022, running on the Verizon Wireless Network!

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/str...ata-for-45-mo/

This allows the use of BOTH 5G and 4G networks, but the real trick is finding a Service Address you can use to activate it. None of the addresses I'm regularly at for home or work qualify for service!

If you manage to get this and get it activated, maybe let us know what city/town and state you put as your service address, so others can try to get it activated as well!
    Photobucket's policy changes SUCK!

New signature coming soon-ish...

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I have local Walmarts with these on display, but it seems like no one can buy of these here because we do not live in the Home Internet area.

Feedback Score
    I am tempted to get this. I have the $99 ST Router in my Walmart cart. If I did this I'd wait until I received it & then buy a refill card.

Should I get this? I'm torn. Also every hotspot (5 of them) I've ever had has lasted less than a year before it stopped working. So I should probably buy the $21 2yr extended warranty from Walmart if I purchased the hotspot?
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

My plans:
    Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 12.25.23

Device(s)
    Unihertz Titan on T-Mobile, Unihertz TickTock on Verizon Wireless, Samsung Galaxy Tab Active Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    I have local Walmarts with these on display, but it seems like no one can buy of these here because we do not live in the Home Internet area.
    This has long been the problem with both Verizon and AT&T for Landline Replacement Service. They're so stingy with who they'll let get it.

T-Mobile is by far the easiest to get service with, but post-Sprint merger, their service is much too slow where I want to use this. Their network is constantly too congested in my area. Like everything else Sprint ever touched, the network has been turned to crap ever since theirs was merged in!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    I am tempted to get this. I have the $99 ST Router in my Walmart cart. If I did this I'd wait until I received it & then buy a refill card.

Should I get this? I'm torn. Also every hotspot (5 of them) I've ever had has lasted less than a year before it stopped working. So I should probably buy the $21 2yr extended warranty from Walmart if I purchased the hotspot?
    Order it if you want to try it, and yes, the 2-year extended warranty is probably a good idea, even though this is a Home and Office Router, not a Mobile Hotspot. Should hopefully be more reliable.

If you go with it, let us know if you have any success with it, please.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    This allows the use of BOTH 5G and 4G networks, but the real trick is finding a Service Address you can use to activate it. None of the addresses I'm regularly at for home or work qualify for service!
    Home internet from Verizon requires 5G Ultra Wideband, so this from Straight Talk may too, despite the advertising it can run on LTE and 5G. That is Verizon Nationwide low band service, which is all I have here.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Home internet from Verizon requires 5G Ultra Wideband, so this from Straight Talk may too, despite the advertising it can run on LTE and 5G. That is Verizon Nationwide low band service, which is all I have here.
    I might try Omaha because I am starting to see that Omaha is getting more mid-band 5G coverage. I know there is mmWave in a parts of Omaha.

I have been reading more that, this might need more of the mid-band 5G coverage, but I am not sure tho.

Feedback Score
    I might try Omaha because I am starting to see that Omaha is getting more mid-band 5G coverage. I know there is mmWave in a parts of Omaha.

I have been reading more that, this might need more of the mid-band 5G coverage, but I am not sure tho.
    It must be used at your address or at least ping off the same tower. Unlike a regular mobile hotspot device you can't take it with you.
    It's all about if your area has enough excess capacity to handle the high constant data demands. As mentioned, only UW5G areas may have that. Unlikely that any LTE or NW5G areas have excess capacity or ever will.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    It must be used at your address or at least ping off the same tower. Unlike a regular mobile hotspot device you can't take it with you...
    Sorry I can't find it to link it. But I read on the ST web site you can take this huge cube with you on the go. But I imagine it probably needs to be activated at the purchase address.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    It must be used at your address or at least ping off the same tower. Unlike a regular mobile hotspot device you can't take it with you.
    It's all about if your area has enough excess capacity to handle the high constant data demands. As mentioned, only UW5G areas may have that. Unlikely that any LTE or NW5G areas have excess capacity or ever will.
    I have a Walmart that has this for sell/display in an area without 5G UW. They was replacing the whole prepaid cell phone shelf with this when I was there. That is why I asked them.

Feedback Score
    I have a Walmart that has this for sell/display in an area without 5G UW. They was replacing the whole prepaid cell phone shelf with this when I was there. That is why I asked them.
    It's Verizon. You can walk into a Verizon store and gladly sell you a phone capable of uw5G and never tell you you can't use uw5G where you live. That Walmart and ST where people use another address where it's allowed and try to use it at their home address that doesn't allow it will have a rude awakening unless the addresses ping off the same tower.
    I believe even the very very small print on Verizon T&C's for it say that. It's FIXED Home Internet, not mobile.

Feedback Score
    I read you can take this anywhere.

Feedback Score
    Yep, Verizon is notorious for being short of capacity in LTE and low band 5G, and may never fix that. They throttle LTE very severely in my area during peak hours. Their 5G emphasis has always been on using higher frequency for capacity. No help in outlying areas or with any but the latest devices. I recently upgraded my phone in a semi-rural area, but did not consider 5G because the network support is so lousy here.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    I read you can take this anywhere.
    Maybe you can take it anywhere, but will it work anywhere. No. It's been awhile when Verizon first came out with it over a year ago before 5G, it was only LTE then. It said to be used at your approved location only since it's for Home Internet and traveling with it won't guarantee a service area. Even then many LTE areas didn't have the capacity for it. Just another Verizon marketing hype like their fantastic 5G commercials.

Feedback Score
    It will work anywhere there is service. I know VZW can be snarky but that's too much.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast