Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Straight Talk Introduces Home Internet Plan on Verizon Network – Unlimited Data for $45/mo

Feedback Score
    I got this on Thursday. I'm getting 40 down & 10 up. So far I'm 8/10 satisfied. From Walmart I got the 2yr warranty because I've never had a hotspot last a year. Had 5 or 6 of them various kinds.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

My plans:
    Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 12.25.23

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beet View Post
    Well I picked an address in south Omaha and activated it. No problems once I had a good address, fired it up 60 miles away and activated fine.

Speeds are definitely slower than the real VZW version. We get 50x5 all day long on the vzw one.

These are my speed tests obviously some deprioritization on Netflix. I live about 3 blocks from a VZW LTE micro tower
    Just to clarify. You used the Omaha address (which was an approved address), and used that address to activate it at your home (which was not an approved address) ?

If that's right, keep us updated on how it continues to work. If there's times the speed goes super low from running into capacity/depriority issues at your home. Thx.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    I got this on Thursday. I'm getting 40 down & 10 up. So far I'm 8/10 satisfied. From Walmart I got the 2yr warranty because I've never had a hotspot last a year. Had 5 or 6 of them various kinds.
    Was your location in an approved area or did the address swap like @The Beet ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Was your location in an approved area or did the address swap like @The Beet ?
    It was in an approved area.

Feedback Score
    Still waiting for more reports from those that got the device.
    Those that activated it using an approved address at an unapproved location and those that are already at an approved address.
    Specifically what speeds you're getting, urban or rural, if you notice any de priority, and general comments. Thx.

Device(s)
    Unihertz Titan on T-Mobile, Unihertz TickTock on Verizon Wireless, Samsung Galaxy Tab Active Pro
    Carrier(s)
    ▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile▪, Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Thumbs down

Those that activated it using an approved address at an unapproved location and those that are already at an approved address.
    Specifically what speeds you're getting, urban or rural, if you notice any de priority, and general comments. Thx.
    I wish I could tell you, but I was never even able to purchase one, as I couldn't find any good addresses near me. And the worst part is that according to the VZW coverage map, the only parts of the Greater Washington, DC/Baltimore Metro Area that are eligible for service are places I would never be.
    Photobucket's policy changes SUCK!

New signature coming soon-ish...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    I wish I could tell you, but I was never even able to purchase one, as I couldn't find any good addresses near me. And the worst part is that according to the VZW coverage map, the only parts of the Greater Washington, DC/Baltimore Metro Area that are eligible for service are places I would never be.
    Yup, getting any of these even from Verizon itself is very limited on areas of usability for intended purpose. I can use the actual physical address of a post office in a near by city (20 miles) where I have a PO Box and it qualifies, but using at my physical address which doesn't qualify I'm sure it may work but at speeds no better then my mifi hotspot. Which would be fine with me since for $45 unlimited data vs the caps that HS device plans have it would be worth a try. But no Walmarts in the city sell it and I don't want to buy online in case it's a fail and I want to take it back.

I just wonder if you use it at an address that doesn't qualify if they'd somehow know and shut you down or you'd be good except have inconsistent lower speeds and sometime buffering during peak hours like limited capacity areas have. Face it, even 5 mbps is plenty even for streaming. I know there's phone plans that allow hotspot cheaper then HS device plans but usually with reduced GBs. And using a phone as a dedicated always on HS isn't good for the heath of the phone. I'd just like a truly unlimited LTE speed HS device plan for $45 month.

Device(s)
    Literally way too many to count!
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I picked one of these routers up at a Wal-Mart in NOLA on a business trip. I found an approved address in NOLA just in case I was asked at checkout, which I wasn't. I didn't activate the router until I got home two states and 350 miles away. I live in a rural, strong 4G, no 5G location in which my entire county is unapproved. I used the NOLA address to activate, and I've been running it since Wednesday night with no issues. I've tested at various times of day and we get a consistent 50/6. This is much better than our grandfathered plan on the Nighthawk. I'd recommend this for those who's only options are satellite or hotspot plans. Plus it's been amazing for gaming on the Switch, the NAT type is B (to be expected, and one of the reasons why I chose to test this out). I've watched lots of YouTube at 1080p as well.

I'll update this when needed and provide as much information as I can. So far so good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RuralRecluse View Post
    I picked one of these routers up at a Wal-Mart in NOLA on a business trip. I found an approved address in NOLA just in case I was asked at checkout, which I wasn't. I didn't activate the router until I got home two states and 350 miles away. I live in a rural, strong 4G, no 5G location in which my entire county is unapproved. I used the NOLA address to activate, and I've been running it since Wednesday night with no issues. I've tested at various times of day and we get a consistent 50/6. This is much better than our grandfathered plan on the Nighthawk. I'd recommend this for those who's only options are satellite or hotspot plans. Plus it's been amazing for gaming on the Switch, the NAT type is B (to be expected, and one of the reasons why I chose to test this out). I've watched lots of YouTube at 1080p as well.

I'll update this when needed and provide as much information as I can. So far so good.
    Thanks for the input. I like your user name, sounds like we live in a similar area except I'm right on the fringe.
    The very best I've seen on my Verizon mifi jetpack is about 10-15 mbps, averages out at about 5 which for me is ok.
    So with this sounds like I shouldn't see any downgrade but have the added benefit of unlimited data at my usual LTE speeds. As mentioned in my other post, the physical address of the post office where I have a PO Box in the near by city is approved but my actual location (rural) isn't. But hey, the approved location is my address too
    Since the device isn't at any Walmart in the city I may just have to shell out the $100 through ST to get one.

Looking forward to any updates you can give. Thanks again for the input.

Device(s)
    Literally way too many to count!
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the input. I like your user name, sounds like we live in a similar area except I'm right on the fringe.
    The very best I've seen on my Verizon mifi jetpack is about 10-15 mbps, averages out at about 5 which for me is ok.
    So with this sounds like I shouldn't see any downgrade but have the added benefit of unlimited data at my usual LTE speeds. As mentioned in my other post, the physical address of the post office where I have a PO Box in the near by city is approved but my actual location (rural) isn't. But hey, the approved location is my address too
    Since the device isn't at any Walmart in the city I may just have to shell out the $100 through ST to get one.

Looking forward to any updates you can give. Thanks again for the input.

Thanks, I made it just for this! I low-key stalked this thread before I even bought the device and I really wanted to share my experience here. Our AT&T plan gets around the same speeds as your jetpack. If you get strong or at least moderate signal with the jetpack at home, I'd go for it. Worst case scenario you have to return the device and you're out of $45. You can also purchase the device online at Walmart, without having to give an approved address. I tried to do that, but FedEx shipping to "undercover" P.O. boxes is hit and miss here and I ended up never getting it. Fun workaround you have with your P.O. box though! I hope it works out for you if you decide to try it out. I look forward to hearing others' experiences with this option.

Feedback Score

Verizon Straight Talk Introduces Home Internet Plan On Verizon Network–Unlimited Data For $45/Month

Will the SIM card for this work in another device?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    Will the SIM card for this work in another device?
    What other device would you put it in? Plus you'd be paying $100 for the device just to take the sim out?
    Maybe it even has an esim.

Feedback Score

Verizon Straight Talk Introduces Home Internet Plan On Verizon Network – Unlimited Data For $45/Mo

What other device would you put it in? Plus you'd be paying $100 for the device just to take the sim out? Maybe it even has an esim.
    A Netgear hotspot that I already own. Since it has an eSIM, that rules that out!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    A Netgear hotspot that I already own. Since it has an eSIM, that rules that out!
    I was saying that maybe it has an esim, I don't know. Did you confirm that that's what it has ?

Feedback Score
    Any updates from people that got the box ????

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast