Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: USMobile experience

Feedback Score

USMobile experience

I am long time Total Wireless customer, with 4 lines.
    I am tempted now to switch to US Mobile (Unlimited Premium plan, on the Verizon carrier part) just because they offer eSIM, access to 5G C Band, and international roaming. It would be $120 plus taxes for my 4 lines, up from the $97 that I pay now, no big deal.

However, I read conflicting reports on Reddit that people have limited speeds on this carrier, for unknown reasons.
    Anyone here has experience with this carrier?

Feedback Score
    Allot boils down to where you're located. There's times of day when your area may be more or less congested. I'm in a fringe area in a rural area with congestion issues so my speed isn't great to begin with . Early in the early morning or late at night my speeds are best. Once the local school starts and during prime time in the evening it can go to a dial up crawl in the kbps sometime.

Anyway, just did a side by side now at 8:30am MST.
    Moto E6 on US Mobile 5 mbps.
    Moto E4 on PagePlus (a TF company) ONLY 500 kbps.
    Mifi 8800 HotSpot device on Verizon prepaid 5 mbps. (I've seen as much as 15mbps on that device)
    These are all LTE and don't know what band they caught at the time.

Don't know if that answers it since different devices = different antennas/precessors. What do you see on TW (a TF company) ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    I am tempted now to switch to US Mobile (Unlimited Premium plan, on the Verizon carrier part) just because they offer eSIM, access to 5G C Band, and international roaming. It would be $120 plus taxes for my 4 lines, up from the $97 that I pay now, no big deal.

However, I read conflicting reports on Reddit that people have limited speeds on this carrier, for unknown reasons.
    I know nothing about eSIM, but experience on US Mobile is mostly good. Setup, activation was partly troublesome for their website activation activity feedback not finishing, to tell customer what to do next; getting help for APN setup instructions through c.s. telephone call or was it by chat(?) was lengthy; but afterward, mostly smooth operation and use. Sometimes their system does screwy things with your T or T or D, but nothing too outrageous. Their US Mobile mobile app has been improved in the last several weeks.

Feedback Score
    I had their the 45$ Warp plan. I’d receive 3-4 bars of LTE where I live and I couldn’t connect to anything using cellular data. Even speed test would time out. However in areas with 5G it was super fast.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Limeybastard View Post
    I had their the 45$ Warp plan. I’d receive 3-4 bars of LTE where I live and I couldn’t connect to anything using cellular data. Even speed test would time out. However in areas with 5G it was super fast.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Just curious. Can you be more specific about where you live. Verizon has ignored many LTE areas that aren't candidates for 5G (other then Nationwide 5G, alias LTE+).

Feedback Score
    I'm on US Mobile and it was very smooth sailing to trial and then port 2 lines in. I had 2 4G cells and recently updated one to 5G. I don't do speed tests but I know I've not experienced deprioritization. I live in northern Idaho and there's no 5G until you get to Boise. I visited there recently and I had no deprioritization there either. I'm on Warp 5G with Psims (Verizon) using a pool. Price is good, app is fantastic and I couldn't be happier.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score

They have a great 10 day trial. If you have an available eSIM you can start the trial immediately. If not, they'll send you a SIM.

https://www.usmobile.com/get-started

I did the trial and was very pleased with their speed and service. That's the best way to tell if it will work for you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    They have a great 10 day trial. If you have an available eSIM you can start the trial immediately. If not, they'll send you a SIM.

https://www.usmobile.com/get-started

I did the trial and was very pleased with their speed and service. That's the best way to tell if it will work for you.
    Other ways could be like these:
    • Look for web searches and YouTube videos about the many alternative cell. service carriers.
    • Visit the sites of the cell. service carriers

• check the price packages
    • call them on the phone if you have questions or want somethings explained

I leave out more detailed explanations for now.

Feedback Score
    The mobile app for US Mobile:

Nice app, not too hard to use.
    Once you have your account activated, then you can sign-in. Usually you can open or close the app, turn on, turn off the smartphone, keeping doing any of these things at whatever opportunities; and when you open the mobile app, you will still be logged-in. But not always. Occasionally you open the app and find you are not signed-in; so you can sign-in again if you want. Once in a while, an update to the app will log you out, and if you want to interact in your account through app, you need to again sign in. You will probably remained signed in now (for some time even upon closing app, opening, turn on or off your smartphone.

Once per year, user needs to change his account password. US Mobile requires this.

Feedback Score
    Thank you to everyone that replied to this.
    I am not sure if everyone understand that I was asking about the US Mobile that runs on Verizon network (called now "Warp 5G"), not the one that runs on T-Mobile (called "GSM").
    That's because personally I need to be able to rely on my phone when I travel, not just in big cities.

Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    I was curious what happens AFTER the trial. They can treat the trials as priority customers, to get them to transfer the numbers and such.

Feedback Score
    I have US Mobile with Pooled Plan on Verizon Network. I had Mint Mobile and Google Fi. My wife had NET10, and is currently on ATT Prepaid.

Us Mobile is as far best experience I had with Customer Service, app and webpage.

I have Samsung Galaxy S22 and I live in small town in western Mass. On TMobile network I had 2-3 bars but I rarely saw speed above 30Mbps, and very often less than 10Mbps (Google Fi is not deprioritized).

On Us Mobile/Verizon I have just 1-2 bars of LTE, but I get >50Mbps almost every time I test it. Outside the house I easily reach 100Mbps, though phone still show just 2 bars.

No drop calls, no technical problems.

In US Mobile, if you have 5G capable phone you get priority data (both on LTE and 5G) on Verizon network. And it's very rare among MVNO. Most MVNOs and even some prepaid services in main brands (ATT, Verizon) have deprioritized data. So it's the big bonus.

Feedback Score
    I was curious what happens AFTER the trial. They can treat the trials as priority customers, to get them to transfer the numbers and such.
    Are they really going to tell Verizon to give their trial customers faster speeds and then have Verizon cut their speeds down once the trial ends? They are just an MVNO after all which resells services provided by other carriers.

If you're that suspicious of their motives, you're probably better off just staying with the carrier you have.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nnd_newbie View Post

In US Mobile, if you have 5G capable phone you get priority data (both on LTE and 5G) on Verizon network. And it's very rare among MVNO. Most MVNOs and even some prepaid services in main brands (ATT, Verizon) have deprioritized data. So it's the big bonus.
    How do you know that? I am just not motivated enough to try to read about this on their website. Is this if true, a difference between how US Mobile handles Super LTE subscribers and the GSM subscribers?

Feedback Score
    https://www.usmobile.com/blog/unlimi...5g-warp-speed/

I knew about it from blogs, reviews and other sources. There's difference between Super LTE (they call it Warp 5G now ) and GSM. But it has been like that for quite a time. For example, on Unlimited plans you got different amount of premium data on Warp 5G and GSM.

Feedback Score
    Good find. It's great they're paying extra to give their customers better speeds.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast