Thread: USMobile...What happened?

Feedback Score

USMobile...What happened?

.....nevermind
    Last edited by hsmama; 11-07-2022 at 08:58 AM.

Feedback Score
    Did something happen which readers might be interested?

Feedback Score
    Ehhhh,maybe not. I'm pretty frustrated with their beyond horrible customer service and coverage at this point. Attempting to port my number to freedompop is proving to be an all day fun and games fest too. I'm not sure what to do at this point- keep crappy usmobile or keep trying with freedompop

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hsmama View Post
    Ehhhh,maybe not. I'm pretty frustrated with their beyond horrible customer service and coverage at this point. Attempting to port my number to freedompop is proving to be an all day fun and games fest too. I'm not sure what to do at this point- keep crappy usmobile or keep trying with freedompop
    Some people (if not many) have been lucky, or luckier than you've been. Low prices for a few of the custom plans is a strong attraction. Customer service usually responsive. Some frustrations occur occasionally. Let's hope other HF members have something to say about number-line porting.

About customer support: online chat through the website; online chat through the mobile app; email based support maybe less efficient; telephone call to the company.

Feedback Score
    I’ve ported to and from IS Mobile twice now. Make sure you don’t need an unlock pin or some other account feature from freedomPop.
    In case of issues it is always good to give the carrier you are porting away from a call as well. Might seem embarrassing and they might ask you why you are leaving but it happens all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Can you be more specific.
    As far as coverage o US Mobile, what network, Verizon or T-Mobile?
    On Freedompop, going with T-Mobile or ATT (if they still have that)?
    So which end is the port being hung up at ?

Feedback Score
    OK- so trying to port out of USmobile.... in the past year, the coverage has been much worse than when I started with them, the customer service is unbelievably different... when I started using them a few years back,any small issue, and a quick phone clal to a capable rep,problem solved. I've noticed for a while now, those calls are always slow,and not usually helpful anymore. I had 3 lines- I ported the first over to Mint, no problems,altho they've obviously trained their call reps to stall as long as possible and keep you on the phone if you attempt to get the acct # and pin to leave them....(about 20-30 minute call) My Iphone 8 is now working 99% better than it was with USmobile, voicemail,etc all working perfect (I'd been blaming the phone, it was the service) *******now to yesterday- trying to port a number to Freedompop (I'm kind of sorry I paid the $10 for WM starter sim pack with the free minutes) - and I think FP may have even worse cs than USM..... I spent 30 minutes on a call with USM,he just kept redireceting me and wouldn't give me my info after 'verifying' it was my acct like 7 times...I hung up finally and used chat,where I spent another 20 or so minutes trying to get the info- finally got it,tried to set up at FP,aaand I got a "zipcode not in our area" error...then had to call them- after about 30 Mins on the call, rep said they sent the port request to USM- waited about 4 hours,nothing. chatted with USM- they said it's on FP end to switch it now. Chatted with FP,they said to wait till end of day (b/c it's gonna work...sigh) I will check it later today when I get the chance, but I"m not holding my breath. I kind of hate both these services right now, but I just want a cheap, talk only plan (or free) and I'm at a loss. *OH, even better, on the FP website, they give a # to call for help, I call,and after too uch time, the rep says it's a redpocket #,and I need to call FP # to get any help....

Feedback Score
    Sorry- forgot to mention was on Verizon thru us mobile- not sure what Walmart freedompop runs on, but their website isn't great. Erroring on my zip code, yet a call in and the rep says no problem. Not sure what to think.

Feedback Score
    Sorry- forgot to mention was on Verizon thru us mobile- not sure what Walmart freedompop runs on, but their website isn't great. Erroring on my zip code, yet a call in and the rep says no problem. Not sure what to think.
    Sounds like your issue is more on the FP side as far as the port. Also keep in mind that changing networks...ie Verizon to TM or ATT takes longer then say Verizon to Verizon.
    As far as your signal with Verizon, some areas are going through changes with the shut down of 3G and even losing LTE coverage as Verizon puts all their ducks into uw5G. Verizon on US Mobile for talk/text only, is no different then any other Verizon mvno or even Verizon post paid. Any difference is in data. So your Verizon coverage issue is not a US Mobile issue. Going to Mint or FP is using a different network (TMO or ATT) which may have better infrastructure in your area.

Feedback Score
    I hear that..... I was guessing some of the changes overall were causing problems in my area. USMobile is not consistent any longer (for us) with coverage,or phone usage(voicemail wouldn't work properly either) this is 3 phones now where we've changed to something else recently,and each time, what USMobile customer service kept being unable to help with or fix, was fixed with a new service. What I used to think of as the greatest prepaid company around is no longer. and strangely now that FP has number ported and working, on the acct It shows the actual phone number that was ported in/being used as main # as the alternate #...and my brain is done trying to figure it out for now.