Thread: TCL A3 Phone - Camera Issue

Feedback Score

TCL A3 Phone - Camera Issue

This is just a quick observation that might help another buyer of this Tracfone phone. I bought a couple of TCL A3 phones in September (when they were $32 on ebay with service and after coupon). I know these are budget phones but I was still disappointed with the camera quality. Pictures looked dull and the sharpness really dropped off toward the corners.

I just discovered that the back cameras on these phones have a protective film on them. I only noticed it when the film started bubbling after six weeks. There is a little yellow tab on the film that you use to peel it off, but the tab was trapped under the camera bezel on the back of the phone. In my defense, that made it pretty much impossible to tell there was a film there. I haven't had the back off of these phones, so perhaps the factory was supposed to make sure the tab was visible or perhaps remove the film before assembly.

The photo quality now is decent. Good detail and pleasing colors and contrast. The sharpness does still drop off a bit right out at the corners but it's generally not noticeable for typical snapshots. So if you have this phone, check for a film and you might improve the photo quality.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I wouldn't consider the protective film over the lens to be an "issue". Perfectly normal to package phones like this, new out of the box. I would call this a "lesson learned" instead.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    I wouldn't consider the protective film over the lens to be an "issue". Perfectly normal to package phones like this, new out of the box. I would call this a "lesson learned" instead.
    Agreed. The "issue" was the poor photo quality. Just trying to help out anyone experiencing the same...

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Mint, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ultrawolf View Post
    Agreed. The "issue" was the poor photo quality. Just trying to help out anyone experiencing the same...
    You did a good thing.