Thread: Spring Travels to Europe, Help Please?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy J7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile | $10 UNLIMITED EVERYTHING + $20 SPEED BOOST
    Feedback Score

Question Spring Travels to Europe, Help Please?

Plan Background: I have the Select Choice Family UNL TT+D 50 (includes Simple Global Roaming) and the North America Family Feature.

Usage Background: I mostly only use Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, and SMS/MMS while roaming internationally, so not downloading/updating apps or streaming videos/games.

Travel Background: I just finished a trip across western Europe from 27 September to 22 October 2022. I returned to the States on 23 October and flew to Central America from 24 October to 31 October. I used a good amount of data stateside (downloading/updating 50+ apps, streaming 1080p video, etc.) in September and 23 October when I was on the native T-Mobile network.

Point of Information #1: I will be in Toronto, Montreal, and Quebec City (Canada) for about a week in early January, then in British Columbia (Canada) in late January for a few days. I don't think this should be a problem, as I will be back in the States on the native T-Mobile most of the time.

Point of Information #2: I will be on a trip across eastern Europe from 30 March to at least 2 May 2023. An entire month of usage will be outside native T-Mobile (although several countries I will be in have Deutsche Telekom/T roaming). Might it suffice if I update apps and stream 1080p video, etc., via T-Mobile WiFi Calling? Do they count such usage as native T-Mobile?

Thank you for your help from a fifteen-year customer who really appreciates Simple Global.
    T-Mobile. Connecting you when you need it most... disconnecting you when you need to connect with God's beautiful creation! Service is great in cities and highways, but in rural areas they leave you with just your surroundings. I encourage you to get T-Mobile, disconnect for a while!

I am glad that God is not like cell phone coverage. He does not hide behind mountains or loose us down long windy roads. The Lord levels mountains, and He makes our paths straight!

Device(s)
    1+ 8T 5G, Galaxy S20 5G, Moto G7 Power
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Videos and app downloads don't amount to much data use. When stateside you need to download some serious test files. There are sites for that.
    Otherwise, here are my hints for international roamers.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy J7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile | $10 UNLIMITED EVERYTHING + $20 SPEED BOOST
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Videos and app downloads don't amount to much data use. When stateside you need to download some serious test files. There are sites for that.
    Otherwise, here are my hints for international roamers.

Thank you for the link to your document on these hints. It is most helpful.

What sites should I use to download test files? I ask because I don't know what to search for or which are safe.

Device(s)
    1+ 8T 5G, Galaxy S20 5G, Moto G7 Power
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I just Google "big test download". One site is https://speed.hetzner.de. They just have different size .bin files. Download and delete right afterward.

Device(s)
    One Plus 8 (T-Mobile), Samsung S10e (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    if you have good speeds at home, a few runs of 'speedtest.net' app will do. in good areas, it'll consume 2GB in 15 seconds.

Sent from my SM-G991U using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.