Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Unable to add active line to existing account today.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I was just told by a phone CSR that you cannot have two accounts, so you cannot move a phone from one to another.
    They must be trying to stop the movement of phones between accounts.
    Earlier today they did knowingly allow me to set up a second account., but not sure how to move anything into it.

Feedback Score
    Makes sense to me as some of us (ahem) were likely abusing the system especially when referrals were so enriching...

But that theory doesn't explain why you can't add lines not attached to an account other than it is still easy to remove a line from an account just not to add. So some bean counter could have thought this is a way to stop the bleeding between accounts they think are related.

Not making excuses but I can believe it especially since they just recently fixed referrals after at least six months of them being grandfathered in ..

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    I was just told by a phone CSR that you cannot have two accounts, so you cannot move a phone from one to another.
    AlexTrac and other TF "spies" read posts in this forum and change the rules to create roadblocks for us.

Feedback Score
    Earlier today they did knowingly allow me to set up a second account., but not sure how to move anything into it.
    But I only have one account, and my mom has an account, and my brother in law has an account.. seriously.
    Last week I moved, chat, a flip from my account to my Brother in Law's so I could do a combine. I just wanted the points.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    What are the possible repercussions of leaving an AT&T BYOP SIM`ed Tracfone free-floating? I`m worried if it is in my account with AAL points waiting to vest it could be suddenly deactivated for not switching to Verizon service yet, although a constant note in my account is the only pressure TF has placed on me to change.

Feedback Score
    What are the possible repercussions of leaving an AT&T BYOP SIM`ed Tracfone free-floating? I`m worried if it is in my account with AAL points waiting to vest it could be suddenly deactivated for not switching to Verizon service yet, although a constant note in my account is the only pressure TF has placed on me to change.
    I don't know the answer to your question, but I had that fear as well with an AT&T phone that was my main line with two added lines for the bonus. I have not received any texts or call interruptions, but do get the pop up in my account. Luckily, my AAL points vested, and I was able to move the two new lines to other accounts by chat without any issues.

Now that I'm free to switch to Verizon, I'm worried because the line has a very high balance. Multiple unlimited plans did not stack properly. Instead of restoring the unlimited plan when my phone stopped working in August, the agent gave me 9999 minutes and 9999 texts. Hopefully, I don't run into trouble when I switch to a Verizon SIM.

Feedback Score
    Ugh, I went around and around with TF Chat trying to add a line that is currently disassociated from any rewards account added to a different account. They kept asking for IMEI and then said they would text my line but instead send an email to the last account (that no longer has any phones) that had the account I was going to merge. Sigh. TracFone had a feature that worked and removed it for CSR roulette.

Feedback Score
    I got the same response as earlier -- they cant 'move' the line -- even though it was removed from that account a long time ago... so basically their dumb system now says you can't move lines ever? And because I am also getting the error for 'add airtime for a friend' (which will be another fruitless call to get resolved) I'm basically stuck. Probably as hpham said AlexTrac ratted us all out. Ugh.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I cannot remember what the problem was I was discussing with CS by chat or phone call yesterday, but they said they were aware of it and were working on it but had no idea when it would be fixed. They must have some huge backlog of problems to be fixed.

Feedback Score
    Thanks. At least someone feels this is temporary and hopefully they are right. By any chance is your target a non Verizon line? Mine is so was wondering if they are stealthy blocking service adds

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Yes, of the two phones to be moved I made the mistake of first giving the phone number for the Tracfone branded phone with a TF AT&T BYOP SIM. I also had trouble receiving the e-mail with the verification code sent to the new TF account e-mail. Receiving it was hit or miss and it seemed to make the CSR suspicious. But there was something else during the chat that made him even more suspicious that I could not identify. They may believe everyone is trying to scam them in some way or another.

Feedback Score
    30 minutes in with 'Executive Support' who told me you can only redeem points for phones on the account (lie, but whatever). Said ok, merge the two lines into the account... and so far, every 3 minutes, being told its still in process, please wait. All I know is that now my NEW account with the points has NO lines, and that the old account before they can only access via some old email (luckily I still have access to) and now I can't login to it either.

Luckily both service seems to be unaffected and talk/text/data balances seem intact on both phones but it's almost certain at a certain point this lady is going to give up and set up a call back for someone who will have to unravel the bigger mess she made.

EDIT: Yup, another 15 minutes later gives up and logs a ticket. I feel like this is TracFone karma balance because I had 10k points post to a different account that shouldn't, so we'll see how long I need to fight this battle for now 8k points somewhat in an island. Not worth the headache in the future.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    TF appears to believe that a second account, even when you have a legitimate reason for the second account, will be used to scam them.
    When TF operates with this degree of secrecy and suspicion, it makes even the simplest thing a customer does possibly risky.

Feedback Score
    Two lines, two people, two accounts. I mean it's not super complicated. The thing is TracFone made it worse as now I have two lines floating out there and now a rewards account with points and no way to add lines to it.

Feedback Score
    Three days later no response. Talked to another rep who after 30 minutes and three tries figured out how to restore _both_ lines (my original one and the one I wanted to add) to this account and redeemed the reward against the other phone. But this was _super_ painful to move lines now, probably done on purpose as others have said.

I only hope that 'redeem for a friend' now works since the target line is attached to an account -- maybe because it was floating in cyberspace it wouldn't be a target.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast