Thread: Text messages do not immediately appear.

Carrier(s)
    taking Mobi out for a test drive
    Feedback Score

Text messages do not immediately appear.

Is anybody else noticing this? I hear the chime alerting me that a text message has arrived. I see it on my screen, but when I open the GV app, it's not there. They are immediately on the GB web interface, but take several minutes and sometimes longer to show up in the app.
    Now that most text messages are composed of emojis, are we returning to hieroglyphics?

Device(s)
    LG Aristo 2 Plus (T-Mo); Moto G Power 2020 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I don't generally have a problem like this, but today I received notification of a text via sound, and also in the Notification/Status bar (Android), but when I immediately opened the GV app to check it, it hadn't appeared in the message list yet. It only took another three seconds or so and it did appear.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just wondering, are those messages coming from the same cellular provider or a different one? Is this on an Android or iPhone?
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    I’ve been seeing the same thing for a while. iPhone XR fully updated. Pretty sure it happens on both cellular and wifi.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    Is anybody else noticing this? I hear the chime alerting me that a text message has arrived. I see it on my screen, but when I open the GV app, it's not there. They are immediately on the GB web interface, but take several minutes and sometimes longer to show up in the app.
    I haven't yet noticed this. However, I've occasionally, like twice this year so far, experienced the opposite, where texts appear on my Android GV app, but don't immediately appear in the web interface.

It sure seems like an entity as big as Google should be able to get this right...

Carrier(s)
    taking Mobi out for a test drive
    Feedback Score
    Maybe I'm crazy but I think it has something to do with a weak wifi signal. I was in an area with a weak wifi signal and I noticed an incoming text on my screen. It didn't appear when I launched the app, but as soon as I turned wifi off it was there. Go figure.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    Maybe I'm crazy but I think it has something to do with a weak wifi signal. I was in an area with a weak wifi signal and I noticed an incoming text on my screen. It didn't appear when I launched the app, but as soon as I turned wifi off it was there. Go figure.
    Most likely the cellular signal had a faster connection than the local Wi-Fi at that location at that time.