Thread: Network Pass and previous customers

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Network Pass and previous customers

Hi,

I have a few questions regarding Network Pass and the exclusion of previous customers:

1. If I buy a phone and activate it on T-Mobile postpaid but then cancel that line right away will that esim be excluded from doing the trial , can I activate on physical sim to avoid this
    2. Does prepaid count as previous customers for exclusion purposes?

Feedback Score
    I wouldn't try to activate the phone with T-Mobile and then cancel. They may record the IMEI and know you're not a new customer. They do try to make sure you have current service from another carrier. They don't want people just getting three months of service on a new phone. So I would try to activate on an MVNO to get temporary phone service. If you have an iPhone, you could get a free 10 day eSIM trial from U.S. Mobile, that might meet the requirement.

They ask for a physical address and an email address during the sign up. If they have either in their database, they are likely to decline you from getting Network Pass. You can easily get a new free email address. And I don't think they check that you actually reside somewhere, so you can enter a different billing address if you're already in their system.

That should get you going.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    I wouldn't try to activate the phone with T-Mobile and then cancel. They may record the IMEI and know you're not a new customer. They do try to make sure you have current service from another carrier. They don't want people just getting three months of service on a new phone. So I would try to activate on an MVNO to get temporary phone service. If you have an iPhone, you could get a free 10 day eSIM trial from U.S. Mobile, that might meet the requirement.

They ask for a physical address and an email address during the sign up. If they have either in their database, they are likely to decline you from getting Network Pass. You can easily get a new free email address. And I don't think they check that you actually reside somewhere, so you can enter a different billing address if you're already in their system.

That should get you going.
    I think email address just should not be used on TMO within past 90 days

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work phone / T-Mobile (iPad) / Verizon (personal phone) / Tracfone AT&T MVNO (for fun)!
    Feedback Score
    ... and if you were a prior Sprint customer, even several years ago, your email address used might be in their database as a current customer

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by high technology View Post
    ... and if you were a prior Sprint customer, even several years ago, your email address used might be in their database as a current customer
    Yeah, but I thought they only care about past 90 days

Device(s)
    Pixel 7, 6a, 4a 5G, iPhone 11, iPhone XR, OnePlus Nord N10 5G, Moto One 5G Ace, Moto G Stylus 2021
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi, T-Mobile Data Plan, FreedomPop Walmart Free Plan, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile.
    Feedback Score
    I know someone that used his dogs name and the vacant lot address across from his house with a new email. He said when he tried it legit the response was you seem familiar and he was turned down.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    But do they care about prepaid, I wanted to activate the esim to use a few more weeks of prepaid I have left on a new phone and then do the network pass

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsilver99 View Post
    But do they care about prepaid, I wanted to activate the esim to use a few more weeks of prepaid I have left on a new phone and then do the network pass
    "Current T-Mobile, Sprint, and Metro by T-Mobile customers or customers of T-Mobile partners using the T-Mobile network are not eligible"

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/coverage/network-pass

During your eligibility check, I believe it asks for the phone number of the device you want to add the eSIM to. So if you gave them your prepaid number, I think it would block you from the pass.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    "Current T-Mobile, Sprint, and Metro by T-Mobile customers or customers of T-Mobile partners using the T-Mobile network are not eligible"

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/coverage/network-pass

During your eligibility check, I believe it asks for the phone number of the device you want to add the eSIM to. So if you gave them your prepaid number, I think it would block you from the pass.
    Yeah, Id give them my Visible number which is in the primary sim. Anyway, I didnt activate the prepaid eSim in my new phone. I activated a Verizon trial on the esim for 30 days, Ill probably let my $15 Connect plan die out for the last few weeks once I send in the trade that has that eSim so my new phone's eSim will be clean of TMO anyway and I can activate it for trial once VZW ends

Its good I will be able to test out Verizon postpaid versus Visible legacy plan to see if I get the same dead spots