Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Getting a new phone - any good deals to add service?

Feedback Score

Getting a new phone - any good deals to add service?

Hi All!
    I am thinking about getting an S22 or pixel 7 on Black Friday.
    Wondering if there are any good deals out there like in the past that will let me add a year of service and maybe some minutes, texts, data.
    I am on Verizon.
    Can I still utilize this deal for example?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/283448464240

As in activate the new phone with the sim from that deal, while also transferring the number and remaining service from my old phone?

Thanks a lot for any help! Just want to make sure that I am not making a stupid mistake, losing what I have in the process.

Feedback Score
    Now, while browsing through the phone deals thread, I am seeing that the pixel 7 may not work on Tracfone/Verizon. Well, that's concerning, for sure!

Are there any reports out there on the S22 Ultra, and it working / not working on TF/Verizon?

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FT_VZW View Post
    I am on Verizon.
    Can I still utilize this deal for example?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/283448464240

As in activate the new phone with the sim from that deal, while also transferring the number and remaining service from my old phone?
    You should be able to do that. But some people had gotten "blank" (without preloaded units/days) ebay TF/Verizon SIM. If that happens, just request a refund from Ebay.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You could buy the 2pack of flip phones at HSN. They each have one year of service. $50 plus shipping for both, maybe less if you can use the new customer discount code HSN2022

Feedback Score
    Thanks hpham & PHL!

Quote Originally Posted by PHL1365 View Post
    You could buy the 2pack of flip phones at HSN. They each have one year of service. $50 plus shipping for both, maybe less if you can use the new customer discount code HSN2022
    Is it possible to transfer the service from both to my new phone, plus my existing balance?
    It's this deal, correct?
    Would I activate the first one with my current number and service, then transfer all of it to the second one, then get a new sim and transfer from the second to my new phone? So basically three tracfone transactions?

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Is it possible to transfer the service from both to my new phone, plus my existing balance?

Would I activate the first one with my current number and service, then transfer all of it to the second one, then get a new sim and transfer from the second to my new phone? So basically three tracfone transactions?
    That's how to do it.

Feedback Score
    Thanks!!! Much appreciated!

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    If you have been using a smartphone it may not be easy going back to the tedious and time-consuming button presses on the flip phones to get the airtime off of them.

Feedback Score
    It's this deal, correct?
    No, there's a better deal than the Nokia you linked in your post.
    For the same price as the Nokia, you can get *two* flip phone bundles.

Oh, and I assume you know about the 10,000 points for adding a line - with two of these flip phones, you can get 20,000 points. You'll have to wait 2 months before you can harvest the airtime from the flip phones though.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post

Oh, and I assume you know about the 10,000 points for adding a line - with two of these flip phones, you can get 20,000 points. You'll have to wait 2 months before you can harvest the airtime from the flip phones though.
    Yep. It's worth waiting 2 months to get the points. Pay cash to get airtime for the original line in the meantime, and the 20k points can be used towards new phones or more airtime.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post

So I would need to activate the two flip phones, then wait two months, then do the three transfers, do I understand that correctly?
    Also, when doing these three transfers, can I do them with the same rep (via chat), or is it better to do it with three different transactions / chat sessions? If it's the latter, can I do the three separate sessions on the same day?

Feedback Score
    Dang! It looks like I can't cancel the order from yesterday anymore. :-(
    And according to a chat with CS at HSN, they can't generate a prepaid label for a return "with this vendor". :-( :-(

Do you guys have experience with HSN returns? I am now thinking about maybe rejecting the delivery, even though the rep advised against that. What do you guys think?

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    If you do two phones and get 10,000 points each that vest 61 days after adding them to your account, the 20,000 points get you a coupon for $300.00 off any phone(s) from the Tracfone website. But you must make NO changes to the account for the 61 days or the points will not vest.
    It is easy to make a mistake, so either read up or ask questions ahead of everything you might do.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    If you do two phones and get 10,000 points each that vest 61 days after adding them to your account, the 20,000 points get you a coupon for $300.00 off any phone(s) from the Tracfone website. But you must make NO changes to the account for the 61 days or the points will not vest.
    It is easy to make a mistake, so either read up or ask questions ahead of everything you might do.
    Thanks, Tracfancier!
    Yeah, everything seems a little tricky with Tracfone! :-)
    So I would need to activate the two flip phones, then wait two months, then do the three transfers, do I understand that correctly?
    Also, when doing these three transfers, can I do them with the same rep (via chat), or is it better to do it with three different transactions / chat sessions? If it's the latter, can I do the three separate sessions on the same day?

Feedback Score
    Thanks, Tracfancier!
    Yeah, everything seems a little tricky with Tracfone! :-)
    I would do 3 different transactions, over 3 days. One per day. Makes it easier to sort out if something goes South.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast