Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Moto G Stylus 5g GOTCHA!

Feedback Score

Moto G Stylus 5g GOTCHA!

Y'all probably know this but for someone who just is getting into 5G , there is a gotcha that motorola has found.
    https://www.motorola-support.com/us-...ice/tracfone/5

You will go to town and you wont see any 5G symbol. Your call part will work and FB and Gmail but not google. LTE will be grayed out.

The proceedure is slightly different for Android 10,11,and 12 but basically you want to get to your APN and click the circle below.
    You may have to do this if there is an update installed so Its something to remember
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, Samsung A53 5G, Pixel 6a, iPhone 11, Samsung A51
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    Y'all probably know this but for someone who just is getting into 5G , there is a gotcha that motorola has found.

You will go to town and you wont see any 5G symbol. Your call part will work and FB and Gmail but not google. LTE will be grayed out.

The proceedure is slightly different for Android 10,11,and 12 but basically you want to get to your APN and click the circle below.
    You may have to do this if there is an update installed so Its something to remember

Oftentimes with TF/Verizon phones that APN doesn't work even if selected. LTE/Mobile data won't work.

To fix you have to manually change it from TRACFONE.VZWENTP to VZWINTERNET and save it with those three dots top right.

If the one you have now is not working try changing it and save it.

Feedback Score
    But look at all the $ TF is saving by giving out the wrong APNs.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

My plans:
    Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 12.25.23

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I bet it's responsible for a good percentage of returns. The reps are often clueless.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    The reps are often clueless.
    In that case, it's merely a lack of training and no incentive to learn on their own.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Does that pertrain to both Tracfone models... 2215DL (2022) and 2131DL (2021)?

Device(s)
    LG Aristo 2 Plus (T-Mo); Moto G Power 2020 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Why is Motorola recommending att.mvno as an APN for TF? Has anyone with any TF division service ever had that work for them?

Device(s)
    Xperia X, iPhone 7, iPhone SE2, Galaxy A51, LG Classic Flip
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Cricket, Tracfone (VZ), Tracfone (AT&T), FreedomPop (GSMT)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    Why is Motorola recommending att.mvno as an APN for TF? Has anyone with any TF division service ever had that work for them?
    My TF AT&T line uses the reseller APN. Doesn't seem editable, all prefilled. Working for the past 2 years. There's some really outdated/bad information still floating around.

Also, that link is for the old, old moto g stylus (2020). moto g stylus (2021) - Android 10. Still incorrect information.

Feedback Score
    Oftentimes with TF/Verizon phones that APN doesn't work even if selected. LTE/Mobile data won't work.

To fix you have to manually change it from TRACFONE.VZWENTP to VZWINTERNET and save it with those three dots top right.

Wow.....I will make a note of what you say for sure but right now, the phone is working.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Wow.....I will make a note of what you say for sure but right now, the phone is working.
    Remember that the APN affects both VoLTE and Data + MMS and VVM use data... in case something ever doesn`t seem right to you.

Feedback Score

OK, I took another screen shot of what happens when you select Tracfone.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    OK, I took another screen shot of what happens when you select Tracfone.
    That APN you have there looks right.

Noticed the other day that with my TF/Verizon branded or BYOP phones (Samsung & Pixel) deliberately set to the TRACFONE.VZWENTP apn, the phones still appear to have HD voice voLTE functioning but LTE/5G mobile data does not work. VZWINTERNET makes everything work.

So I think like that someone could easily be fooled if your apn was set wrong if say your signal is usually bad or you are on Wi-Fi a lot since you would still have calls like normal but your data is dead. I recall in the past that it seemd that TRACFONE.VZWENTP did also affect voice over LTE, and you wouldn't have calls unless you connected to 3G and in that context you could tell something was off (call quality + vm issue).

I've experienced the affects of this APN a lot because TF branded Samsung phones sometimes come set with it by mistake (J3 Orbits and my A53 5G for example) or will sometimes switch to it after OS upgrade or after a sim switch (A51). I think the APN is mostly used with ST, TW and perhaps Safelink though very occasionally I hear of a TF/V one having it with it working.

Added: My Pixel actually iniitally did show the wrong APN but it automatically updated to the right one without me needing to edit it.
    As mentioned, when I deliberately set it to the wrong one later, it had this volte on/lte off deal like the sammies.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If you want to check that your phone and APN is working good for you for sure, turn off Wi-Fi, then turn on mobile data, then open the browser to a page and refresh and see if you have mobile internet service.

You should also see depending on your phones capabilities a 4G LTE or 5G symbol at the top right of the phone.

With the APN you have there you very likely will have functioning mobile data and everything will be fine.

Then, after, put the Wi-Fi back on.

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score

How do I manually change the apn, Tomsey?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I don't have any Motos atm but usually you press on the apn and edit the APN field to VZWINTERNET by typing it and then save it with three dots on top right.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast