Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37

Thread: What does "add a line" mean?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    408
    Feedback Score
    0

    What does "add a line" mean?

    I thought it meant activating a new phone number/a new plan. Boy, I was wrong.

    I bought ebay BYOP sim with 1 yr plan. Last month, when one of my phones (BYOP) plan was expiring, I decided not to renew instead start a new plan so that I can get 10k reward pts (worth $100 to me) by adding a line.

    Today, I found I only got 60 pts for "reactivation". I talked to CSR and he said to get 10k pts, not only I need to add a number but also use a phone that was never in TF system. Since I added a new number on my current phone, I am not eligible for 10k pts.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    156
    Feedback Score
    0
    Get a couple cheapo’s from HSN, get your 20.000 points then merge the srvice to your main line.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,229
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work phone / T-Mobile (iPad) / Verizon (personal phone) / Tracfone AT&T MVNO (for fun)!
    Feedback Score
    0
    They have safeguards in place to avoid using the old IMEI with a new activation.

    Unfortunately, they don’t communicate it as such. They have this same issue with the refurbished phones they sell, which is a bigger problem as they are knowingly selling the device to another party.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    408
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kaZZoo View Post
    Get a couple cheapo’s from HSN, get your 20.000 points then merge the srvice to your main line.
    Never done merge/combine thing before. I have a q.

    Suppose my plan expires on 6/2023. If I activate 2 new HSN phones today and combine to my line tomorrow, what will be my plan end date? 6/2023? 11/2023? 11/2024? 6/2025?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    74
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by acegolfer View Post
    Never done merge/combine thing before. I have a q.

    Suppose my plan expires on 6/2023. If I activate 2 new HSN phones today and combine to my line tomorrow, what will be my plan end date? 6/2023? 11/2023? 11/2024? 6/2025?
    It will add 2 yrs (plus the additional minutes/txts/data) to whatever you have now.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    156
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by acegolfer View Post
    Never done merge/combine thing before. I have a q.

    Suppose my plan expires on 6/2023. If I activate 2 new HSN phones today and combine to my line tomorrow, what will be my plan end date? 6/2023? 11/2023? 11/2024? 6/2025?
    We would need more feed back from others that just did a merge.

    I’m guessing 6/2025 if done right away,

    If you wait the 60 days then you would get 20 months added on. I’m guessing.

    But, the idea, is to wait the 60 days to get your 20.000 points.

    You loose that if you merge right away.

    Not sure if you loose the unlocking on a deactivated phone.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    12,449
    Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    The best option for Acegolfer is to active the two bundle phones as new lines to get AAL points. Wait 61 days for the points to mature and unlock the phones. Then combine the new phones to his main phone. Each new phone will have most of its units and 10 months of service left. His main phone will get all those units and its end date will be extended 20 months.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    408
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    The best option for Acegolfer is to active the two bundle phones as new lines to get AAL points. Wait 61 days for the points to mature and unlock the phones. Then combine the new phones to his main phone. Each new phone will have most of its units and 10 months of service left. His main phone will get all those units and its end date will be extended 20 months.
    TY. I plan to do this with my remaining Orbic. Personally, I'll take 10k reward pts and give up 2 month service.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    5
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    The best option for Acegolfer is to active the two bundle phones as new lines to get AAL points. Wait 61 days for the points to mature and unlock the phones. Then combine the new phones to his main phone. Each new phone will have most of its units and 10 months of service left. His main phone will get all those units and its end date will be extended 20 months.
    There is an unwritten rule that if you added more than one line, and consolidated one of the lines into the main line, the 10k points for each of the remaining lines will disappear.

    Anyone knows how to claim those points back? I feel it is so unfair since it is not stated in the terms and conditions.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    519
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewwdai View Post
    There is an unwritten rule that if you added more than one line, and consolidated one of the lines into the main line, the 10k points for each of the remaining lines will disappear.

    Anyone knows how to claim those points back? I feel it is so unfair since it is not stated in the terms and conditions.
    Wait till the pending points mature before any changes to the account, such as combine or merge.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    408
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewwdai View Post
    There is an unwritten rule that if you added more than one line, and consolidated one of the lines into the main line, the 10k points for each of the remaining lines will disappear.

    Anyone knows how to claim those points back? I feel it is so unfair since it is not stated in the terms and conditions.
    I believe this happens if you combine before 60 days. After 60 days (as specifically instructed), it should be good.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    12,449
    Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    If you have multiple lines with pending points, don't reduce the number of active lines until all the pending points have been vested. It's best to have all the new lines added/activavted at the same time and not stretched out.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    5
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by acegolfer View Post
    I believe this happens if you combine before 60 days. After 60 days (as specifically instructed), it should be good.
    I combined after 60 days. If you added multiple lines, you need to wait for all points being vested before doing anything like combining. The rule is that the number of lines has to be more than when the points were added in order for the points to be vested. If you combined one of the lines after 60 days, the number of lines will be less than one, so all other bonus will disappear. Anyone had that problem and successfully got the bonus back?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    5
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    If you have multiple lines with pending points, don't reduce the number of active lines until all the pending points have been vested. It's best to have all the new lines added/activavted at the same time and not stretched out.
    Lesson learned. Anyway to get the points back though? feeling very unfair as this is not stated in the terms and conditions of this promotion.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    12,449
    Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewwdai View Post
    Anyone had that problem and successfully got the bonus back?
    I ran into that problem back in May with my Total Wireless account. After many phone calls, one rep added the points back but I had to serve the 60-day waiting again. Cost me 2 x $25 monthly cards.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-07-2005, 08:01 PM
  2. What Does Signal Strength on Older Phone Mean?
    By Gator5000e in forum Sprint
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-09-2004, 03:20 PM
  3. what does the x on the screen mean
    By rx7bout in forum Software
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 03:11 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-10-2003, 05:23 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-14-2002, 04:37 AM

Bookmarks