Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What does "add a line" mean?

Feedback Score

What does "add a line" mean?

I thought it meant activating a new phone number/a new plan. Boy, I was wrong.

I bought ebay BYOP sim with 1 yr plan. Last month, when one of my phones (BYOP) plan was expiring, I decided not to renew instead start a new plan so that I can get 10k reward pts (worth $100 to me) by adding a line.

Today, I found I only got 60 pts for "reactivation". I talked to CSR and he said to get 10k pts, not only I need to add a number but also use a phone that was never in TF system. Since I added a new number on my current phone, I am not eligible for 10k pts.

Feedback Score
    Get a couple cheapo’s from HSN, get your 20.000 points then merge the srvice to your main line.

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work phone / T-Mobile (iPad) / Verizon (personal phone) / Tracfone AT&T MVNO (for fun)!
    Feedback Score
    They have safeguards in place to avoid using the old IMEI with a new activation.

Unfortunately, they don’t communicate it as such. They have this same issue with the refurbished phones they sell, which is a bigger problem as they are knowingly selling the device to another party.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kaZZoo View Post
    Get a couple cheapo’s from HSN, get your 20.000 points then merge the srvice to your main line.
    Never done merge/combine thing before. I have a q.

Suppose my plan expires on 6/2023. If I activate 2 new HSN phones today and combine to my line tomorrow, what will be my plan end date? 6/2023? 11/2023? 11/2024? 6/2025?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by acegolfer View Post

Suppose my plan expires on 6/2023. If I activate 2 new HSN phones today and combine to my line tomorrow, what will be my plan end date? 6/2023? 11/2023? 11/2024? 6/2025?
    It will add 2 yrs (plus the additional minutes/txts/data) to whatever you have now.

Feedback Score

We would need more feed back from others that just did a merge.

I’m guessing 6/2025 if done right away,

If you wait the 60 days then you would get 20 months added on. I’m guessing.

But, the idea, is to wait the 60 days to get your 20.000 points.

You loose that if you merge right away.

Not sure if you loose the unlocking on a deactivated phone.

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The best option for Acegolfer is to active the two bundle phones as new lines to get AAL points. Wait 61 days for the points to mature and unlock the phones. Then combine the new phones to his main phone. Each new phone will have most of its units and 10 months of service left. His main phone will get all those units and its end date will be extended 20 months.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    The best option for Acegolfer is to active the two bundle phones as new lines to get AAL points. Wait 61 days for the points to mature and unlock the phones. Then combine the new phones to his main phone. Each new phone will have most of its units and 10 months of service left. His main phone will get all those units and its end date will be extended 20 months.
    TY. I plan to do this with my remaining Orbic. Personally, I'll take 10k reward pts and give up 2 month service.

Feedback Score
    There is an unwritten rule that if you added more than one line, and consolidated one of the lines into the main line, the 10k points for each of the remaining lines will disappear.

Anyone knows how to claim those points back? I feel it is so unfair since it is not stated in the terms and conditions.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewwdai View Post
    There is an unwritten rule that if you added more than one line, and consolidated one of the lines into the main line, the 10k points for each of the remaining lines will disappear.

Anyone knows how to claim those points back? I feel it is so unfair since it is not stated in the terms and conditions.
    Wait till the pending points mature before any changes to the account, such as combine or merge.

Feedback Score

I believe this happens if you combine before 60 days. After 60 days (as specifically instructed), it should be good.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    If you have multiple lines with pending points, don't reduce the number of active lines until all the pending points have been vested. It's best to have all the new lines added/activavted at the same time and not stretched out.

Feedback Score
    I believe this happens if you combine before 60 days. After 60 days (as specifically instructed), it should be good.
    I combined after 60 days. If you added multiple lines, you need to wait for all points being vested before doing anything like combining. The rule is that the number of lines has to be more than when the points were added in order for the points to be vested. If you combined one of the lines after 60 days, the number of lines will be less than one, so all other bonus will disappear. Anyone had that problem and successfully got the bonus back?

Feedback Score
    If you have multiple lines with pending points, don't reduce the number of active lines until all the pending points have been vested. It's best to have all the new lines added/activavted at the same time and not stretched out.
    Lesson learned. Anyway to get the points back though? feeling very unfair as this is not stated in the terms and conditions of this promotion.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Anyone had that problem and successfully got the bonus back?
    I ran into that problem back in May with my Total Wireless account. After many phone calls, one rep added the points back but I had to serve the 60-day waiting again. Cost me 2 x $25 monthly cards.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast