Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What does "add a line" mean?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewwdai View Post
    I combined after 60 days. If you added multiple lines, you need to wait for all points being vested before doing anything like combining. The rule is that the number of lines has to be more than when the points were added in order for the points to be vested. If you combined one of the lines after 60 days, the number of lines will be less than one, so all other bonus will disappear. Anyone had that problem and successfully got the bonus back?
    Now I'm confused. What's the difference between maturing and vesting? I thought after 60 days, pending pts become permanent but now I'm not certain.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I ran into that problem back in May with my Total Wireless account. After many phone calls, one rep added the points back but I had to serve the 60-day waiting again. Cost me 2 x $25 monthly cards.
    Thanks for the headsup. I got the 2pk flip phone deals for only $30, so will put this as a lesson learned. I got another deal from HSN of 2pk for $35 last week, so won't make the same mistake again. LOL!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by acegolfer View Post
    Now I'm confused. What's the difference between maturing and vesting? I thought after 60 days, pending pts become permanent but now I'm not certain.
    Ok, points become permanent after 60 days, provided that the total number of active lines are more than when the points were added.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewwdai View Post
    Ok, points become permanent after 60 days, provided that the total number of active lines are more than when the points were added.
    That's how I understood. But if you waited 60 days before combining/removing line, how did you lose the permanent pts? Sounds like an error rather than unwritten rule to me. Can you explain?

Feedback Score
    Is 60 days or 61 days for points to mature? makes a difference since 61 days cost the same as 90.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Maturing and vesting are the same things. The first AAL you add (and all later AAL) cannot be touched until the last added AAL vests... so add all the AAL as close together as possible. DO NOT make any changes within the account until all AAL have vested (the points go from pending to available).

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rchang View Post
    Is 60 days or 61 days for points to mature? makes a difference since 61 days cost the same as 90.
    61st day. But at this time, and TF could change it at any time, the vesting period begins when the phone is added... the 10,000 AAL appears in your account. You can wait a few days to activate so that a full 61 days of airtime is not necessary.

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rchang View Post
    The points will become available on the 61st day. There were people whose pending points didn't become available because the line was active for only 60 days. Some forum members did experiments and found that if you add a phone to get the pending clock started then wait a few days (let's say 5) before activating the line, then you can activate the line with 60 days of service and it will still be active (until the 65th day) when the points become available on the 61st day.

Some went to the extreme of waiting 35 days to activate after adding the phone and got by with only 30 days of service. There's a risk of doing the extreme because TF could tighten up their programming anytime.

Feedback Score
    The points will become available on the 61st day. There were people whose pending points didn't become available because the line was active for only 60 days. Some forum members did experiments and found that if you add a phone to get the pending clock started then wait a few days (let's say 5) before activating the line, then you can activate the line with 60 days of service and it will still be active (until the 65th day) when the points become available on the 61st day.

Some went to the extreme of waiting 35 days to activate after adding the phone and got by with only 30 days of service. There's a risk of doing the extreme because TF could tighten up their programming anytime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    61st day. But at this time, and TF could change it at any time, the vesting period begins when the phone is added... the 10,000 AAL appears in your account. You can wait a few days to activate so that a full 61 days of airtime is not necessary.
    Good to know. What's the difference between adding and activating? Specifically, how to add the new HSN phone to my account but not activate it?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by acegolfer View Post
    Good to know. What's the difference between adding and activating? Specifically, how to add the new HSN phone to my account but not activate it?
    I did just that a few minutes ago, via chat. Wanted to make sure the points were added to my account (pending) before I activated the phone. After this the phone showed up in my account, but was shown as inactive.

Tracfone: Thank you for visiting Tracfone today. How may I help you?
    I'd like to add new tracfone to my account.Here is the e-mail of the account that I want to add a line to. [email protected] Here is the new phone IMEI 000 000 000 000 000 to be added to the account.

I showed up in a few minutes as inactive and points as pending. I completed an online activation with a new number a few minutes later without issue. Now wait for 61 days, unlock.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    adding - have TF CS add the phone to your online account, as you look at your account to see that 10,000 points appear.
    Activating - adding airtime and a phone number so that the phone becomes functional.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    adding - have TF CS add the phone to your online account, as you look at your account to see that 10,000 points appear.
    Activating - adding airtime and a phone number so that the phone becomes functional.
    TY. It's now more clear. Add a "line" means adding a new phone rather than activating a new number/plan. Previously, I thought "line" = number.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Add a "new" line = all new phone, all new airtime, all new phone number.
    The 61-day clock toward points vesting begins when the phone is added to your online account.
    But the phone must be activated for points to vest. If you make a mistake TF doesn`t tell you then, you find out when the points never vest.
    Consider points tied to the account more than to the phone.
    The 60-day clock to unlocking begins when the phone is activated.

Feedback Score
    The points will become available on the 61st day. There were people whose pending points didn't become available because the line was active for only 60 days...
    I was one of those people about a year ago :-P

Feedback Score
    I just added a new line by activating a new TF-branded phone (bought through HSN). Rather than 10,000 pending points for adding a line, my rewards activity shows 63 pending points for "Activation". Is there any chance the phone was actually a refurb? Can I contact them by chat to get it fixed?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast