Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What does "add a line" mean?

Feedback Score
    Did you activate as a new line with new number? That's what shows when I activate new phone & choose to keep my current number.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phone_bob View Post
    I just added a new line by activating a new TF-branded phone (bought through HSN). Rather than 10,000 pending points for adding a line, my rewards activity shows 63 pending points for "Activation". Is there any chance the phone was actually a refurb? Can I contact them by chat to get it fixed?
    Did you add the device to your account using chat, or did you use the website to add it?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by peggyrh View Post
    Did you activate as a new line with new number? That's what shows when I activate new phone & choose to keep my current number.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Did you add the device to your account using chat, or did you use the website to add it?
    I activated a new phone with a new number, using the website:
    • home page of my account
    • clicked "manage lines"
    • clicked "add a line"
    • checked "add a new line" (in pop-up)
    • checked "I need to activate a device" (in a pop-up)
    • clicked "Activate" under "New phone"
    • clicked "I want a new number" and entered my zip code
    • clicked "I want to use the physical SIM card"
    • Entered IMEI

Feedback Score
    That's why, website isn't recognizing new activations for rewards, have to use chat.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by peggyrh View Post
    That's why, website isn't recognizing new activations for rewards, have to use chat.
    [Sigh] So can I get them to fix it via chat?

Feedback Score
    I had to file complaint with FCC for false advertising. TF exec resolution called a day later & added the rewards. TF needs to fix this, it's been an issue since August.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, Samsung A53 5G, Pixel 6a, iPhone 11, Samsung A51
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You can try. Go to chat and ask to be referred to the loyalty rewards department for this issue. They may call you back.

You want them to add the pending AAL points to your account.

You can also call the TF corporate office number and explain the situation and ask them to fix it. They may say that it will show up in 60 days but it won't. You may need to call a few times. You can also ask to be transferred to the VAS department or loyalty rewards department. They may say these deparments don't exist (since many corp reps do all the functions).

If all that fails, file an FCC complaint. Many have had success with this.

If that fails, repeat.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The Tracfone corporate office can be reached at 305 640 2000 x1029

also 800 626 4883 x 3324

Hours are usually 8am -11:45 pm est 7 days a week. Ignore contrary message and enter extension when prompted.

Probably best to call early on weekdays.

To file an FCC complaint:

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...6#post17230326

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...1#post17230331

(https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...6#post17230306)

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    How you should have done it (for next time).
    Have the chat agent add the phone to your account as a new line, but specify DO NOT ACTIVATE IT. Have a window or tab open to your account and look for both the 10,000 points to appear and the phone to appear as inactive when the CSR says they have it added. Once you see the 10,000 points appear in rewards ONLY THEN is it ok to activate it.

Unfortunately once activated you cannot remove it and add it again to see if the 10,000 points appear this time.

Feedback Score
    Once the phone has been added to the account, and then later has been activated, do you ever really need to put the battery in the phon, and turn it on? basically: does the phone have to be used at all?

Or can everything be left untouched until day 61, when the points vest?

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FT_VZW View Post
    Once the phone has been added to the account, and then later has been activated, do you ever really need to put the battery in the phon, and turn it on? basically: does the phone have to be used at all?

Or can everything be left untouched until day 61, when the points vest?
    Receipt of spam calls and text is a good reason for making changes to the account, after day 61.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Receipt of spam calls and text is a good reason for making changes to the account, after day 61.
    Tracfancier, I am not sure I understand what you are saying here.
    Does the phone have to be turned on and/or used?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I don't know personally if it must be turned on to activate. I've heard it doesn't.

There has been a report or two of a member whose line was deactivated and was told that you must use it once a month. Which sounds like a Safelink rule.

Don't know if this is true because the terms seem to suggest 6 months and also other people have kept the phone off and had no issues.

I usually will make a call on pending phones every few weeks just to prevent this kind of thing.

If I can.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Stated another way...
    By turning on the phone you may build up some spam calls and texts and realize the phone number is bad.
    The phone has to be used to discover any defects.
    A bad number and phone defects are ample reason to move the airtime off the phone (losing the bad number) to return it, or whatever.
    How many phones still come with removable batteries? Well, the flip phone did.

Feedback Score
    I have two active TF (one TF-branded, another one is BYOD). I have never created an account on TF. Recently I got three TCL flips and I'd like to earn these bonus points. Questions:

1) Since I have two active TF, do I need to create separate accounts for each phone? I would like to harvest the balance of two of the TCL flips and merge with them active TF #1, and harvest the balance of the third TCL and merge them with active TF #2.

2) Do I need to activate the TCF bundles before adding them to my account? If not: How would I proceed? If I do need to activative the bundle first: In the past I do so using chat; I can ask the TF reps to add these to my account at the same time?

3) Based on this thread I know that I need to wait 61 days before merging the balance. But can I activatie all the new phones at the same time and then merge them one after another (say wait a day in between), or should I only add one new "line" at a time to my account, wait 61 days, merge, then add another... ?

4) When I first started using TF, I found on this forum a very helpful sample script on how to use chat to activate phone and merge balance. Is there a similar sample script for adding lines?

THANKS!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast