Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How do I buy the Red pocket 100 gb annual plan?

Feedback Score

How do I buy the Red pocket 100 gb annual plan?

Ive been a customer of Red pocket for two years. My annual plan runs out Dec 1st so I gotta re-up. On Red Pockets website theres an option to buy the 100 gb annual plan but it says its only for new lines. I usually buy from ebay but the plan isnt there. How does a current customer get this plan? Thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnpalley View Post
    Ive been a customer of Red pocket for two years. My annual plan runs out Dec 1st so I gotta re-up. On Red Pockets website theres an option to buy the 100 gb annual plan but it says its only for new lines. I usually buy from ebay but the plan isnt there. How does a current customer get this plan? Thanks
    It looks to me like the only option for renewal is through your Red Pocket account at the full price of $450 plus whatever taxes they will charge.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G (2022) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cnypackerfan View Post
    It looks to me like the only option for renewal is through your Red Pocket account at the full price of $450 plus whatever taxes they will charge.

They dont give you that option. You can only select the $375 one with a new line?

Carrier(s)
    Tello & Hello
    Feedback Score
    This one is $230 (8 GBs per month for a year = 96 GB). You can specifically pick renewal/existing SIM.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/13305835067...wAAOSwi9FiiAQZ
    Pixel 3a on Tello — Alcatel Go Flip 3 on Tello — AGM M7 on Hello Mobile — iPhone SE on FreedomPop — TCL Flip 2 on Tracfone

Feedback Score
    They dont give you that option. You can only select the $375 one with a new line?
    I went into my account and had the 100gb/ month option available for a renewal at $450 on a GSMA line.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cnypackerfan View Post
    I went into my account and had the 100gb/ month option available for a renewal at $450 on a GSMA line.

Yup I figured it out. I switched to gsma and immediately saw the plan. I actually got the $30 monthly plan so I can see if the 100 gb plan will go on sale. I'll definitely be buying in the next 30 days. Thanks for the responses guys.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
    This one is $230 (8 GBs per month for a year = 96 GB). You can specifically pick renewal/existing SIM.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/13305835067...wAAOSwi9FiiAQZ
    Im talkin about 100 gb a month my friend

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    @OP, port your number to GV then forward to whatever number a new plan provides. Next year just let the plan run out, get a new number... Flush rinse repeat.

I couldn't even tell you what my carrier number is.. It starts with 847 (area code for PRIL).

Feedback Score
    This has been my plan, but I will say, I had a friend sign up to RP last year, and when he got his RP #, GV would NOT accept it as a forward..

No reason why..

So this kind of has me a bit concerned that if/when I want to jump ship (or sign up as new for something like this), tha the new # I'd get may NOT be accepted by Google

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What exactly does gv say when you put in your number to port over?

Feedback Score
    Sorry.

I meant that, my friend who signed up for RP (new), wanted to get a new GV # (like I have),. and point it to the new RP #...

GV simply told him the # he received from RP could not be used with GV.

Nothing further.

It's not been a problem for me when I got a new # from RP years ago, BUT, this is a scenario that's been on my mind if I should switch to another MVNO and need to get a new #...

Would GV simply refuse to forward to my new #......

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    GV doesn't serve all area codes, so it's possible his was not one they serve.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alster View Post
    Sorry.

I meant that, my friend who signed up for RP (new), wanted to get a new GV # (like I have),. and point it to the new RP #...

GV simply told him the # he received from RP could not be used with GV.

Nothing further.

It's not been a problem for me when I got a new # from RP years ago, BUT, this is a scenario that's been on my mind if I should switch to another MVNO and need to get a new #...

Would GV simply refuse to forward to my new #......
    Sometimes, by bad luck, a new phone # received from a carrier has already been used by someone else to claim a GV #, and can't be used again until some unspecified amount of time has passed. Since it's a brand new # for your friend, it might be good to request a different # from RP, and hope it hasn't been recently used to claim a GV #.

Regarding GV forwarding calls to a phone #, I don't recall ever hearing of an issue with setting up forwarding to any US phone #.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    GV doesn't serve all area codes, so it's possible his was not one they serve.
    This was not the case for sure here.

Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Sometimes, by bad luck, a new phone # received from a carrier has already been used by someone else to claim a GV #, and can't be used again until some unspecified amount of time has passed.
    I think this is the most likely scenario.

So in a case like that. I wonder if RP (or any MVNO for that matter) would be willing to assign a new # without addtional cost.

Carrier(s)
    Tello & Hello
    Feedback Score
    Im talkin about 100 gb a month my friend
    Sorry. I've been talking to my nephew about annual plans and I guess I had that stuck in my head.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast