Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Callingmart Down/not working

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Google Pixel 4A and 4A 5G
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Verizon Prepaid, H2O
    Feedback Score

Callingmart Down/not working

I cannot get the Thanksgiving promo code page to load -- I can't even get the Callingmart website to load. I've tried Chrome and Edge, no luck. Just wondering if anybody else is experiencing this?

Device(s)
    Pixel 3 XL, iPhone SE, OnePlus Nord N200
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phonemeister View Post
    I cannot get the Thanksgiving promo code page to load -- I can't even get the Callingmart website to load. I've tried Chrome and Edge, no luck. Just wondering if anybody else is experiencing this?
    Callingmart's domain registration expired yesterday. Either somebody dropped the ball or they're out of business. Probably the former.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ^^Wow.. Way to go admin! You'd think they'd be on top of this given it's one of their busiest times of the year.

Since switching to redpocket annual plans this whole pin nonsense has been a forgotten thought going on a number of years now. Ironically I still get the regular holiday promo emails multiple times a year.

Device(s)
    Pixel 6a, iPhone SE.2, Galaxy S10e, Nexus 5, Moto Q9c, V750, K1m/V3m, E815
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Google Fi, China Mobile HK
    Feedback Score
    Last marketing/promo emails from CM was 11/18/2022 about Veterans Day Sale -
    In honor and remembrance of all the men and women who served our country, we salute you. Happy Veterans Day!
    Promo begins November 05, 2022 until November 22, 2022.

15 years ago, maybe 10 years ... my periodic refills went mostly thru CM, then between T-Mobile PAYG and them, surcharges & fees began to take a bit each time, got annoying ... moved away from and they're also "partnering" with fewer carriers as listed on their sites, so pretty much been off my radar. Their website is still down, checked on my end as well ... maybe, somebody on their end need to reboot their server & get that domain renewed. MNVO nowadays running their own online stores & selling directly and indirectly via eBay, not easy for these virtual storefront "agents" to sustain their business & make a living. Sigh !

P.S. Looking at other posts, quite possibly / highly likely ?? that CM is done, out of business & shut down ... Fewer emails getting thru the spam filters.
    Last edited by Kunmui; 11-26-2022 at 01:44 PM.
    5G 4G LTE, Opera Mini/Skype w. Android 13 & WiFi 6, Linux Mint & Chrome OS. On the Job: UHF 5W Duplex HT DTMF-PL repeater (backup: 800Mhz Motorola) - private 900Mhz alpha-numeric paging net for 24/7/365 Incident Command - Is your "Go" Kit ready? Mass Transit Tips: "If you see something, say something - Call 911 !"

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's been 2 days now.. I can't believe callingmart hasn't resolved this.

Feedback Score
    Maybe somebody registered the domain & is asking for a hefty payment.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

My plans:
    Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 12.25.23

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ^^There's usually a hold period after expiration before someone can reclaim it.

Device(s)
    i1000000
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel duh
    Feedback Score
    I called the 800 number and someone actually answered they did verify there was a technical issue with the website and they were looking to get it resolved as soon as possible, when I asked her if they had closed for business they assured me that they weren't I figured if they were shut down for business nobody would have answered. I also got the Thanksgiving promo code in my email last Wednesday for the 5% off which was THX225

Device(s)
    i1000000
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel duh
    Feedback Score
    https://dnschecker.org/#A/www.callingmart.com

Looks like there's only one DNS server in Spain looking to resolve the issue

Feedback Score
    I don't use them but ran across this as I was scrolling through posts. It seems to me that this being Thanksgiving weekend in the US it is going to make it take longer to resolve because of the number of people off for the holiday.

Feedback Score
    Well, I lost service - my prepaid didn't renew as it is set to automatically do a few days before the prepaid payment is due

I found out by getting a text message that I couldn't get a text message that was being sent to me
    Verizon didn't even notify me that my service was off!

So, I had to go online to Verizon and pay the full fee plus taxes and fees - and thankful I was able to do that because with 2-factor authentication and card companies increasing desire to verify by the phone number that no longer works..... Well, Callingmart, I've used you for years, but this is really inexcusable

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's alive!!!!!!!

Seriously, don't they have after hours IT monitoring their site....

Device(s)
    i1000000
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel duh
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    It's alive!!!!!!!

Seriously, don't they have after hours IT monitoring their site....
    With the razor thin margins that these guys are making on reselling pins it probably would have cost them a fortune to get this fixed over the holiday weekend, I'm just glad they're back online

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ^^No way... Domain registrars usually send out notifications at least 30 days prior to renewal.

This is a business, someone should have been on top of this 6 months ago.

Edit: Or maybe they should select the autorenew option...

https://www.whois.com/whois/callingmart.com

Domain:
    callingmart.com
    Registrar:
    GoDaddy.com, LLC
    Registered On:
    2006-11-23
    Expires On:
    2023-11-23
    Updated On:
    2022-11-28
    Anyone with more than .05% brain would have extended it by 2-5 years (10 years is max permissible). I have my own domain too, use it mainly for email and some light file sharing. My expiry date is quite in the future. Have a reminder set for apr 2031.

Device(s)
    i1000000
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel duh
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    ^^No way... Domain registrars usually send out notifications at least 30 days prior to renewal.

This is a business, someone should have been on top of this 6 months ago.

https://www.whois.com/whois/callingmart.com

Anyone with more than .05% brain would have extended it by 2-5 years (10 years is max permissible). I have my own domain too, use it mainly for email and some light file sharing. My expiry date is quite in the future. Have a reminder set for apr 2031.

Good point I'm just glad to have them back online, while they were down I had to use pinzoo on one order and they messed that up royally

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast