Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trying to AAL using AT&T BYOP SIM kit annual bundle from eBay

Feedback Score

Trying to AAL using AT&T BYOP SIM kit annual bundle from eBay

Looking to get the 10000 AAL RP, have a new MyAccount with 5,000 pending from Refer a Friend, has an active phone in it already and the points are scheduled to vest early January.

I have the annual plan bundle GSM BYOP kit on its way, but from what I've read I do not want them to activate until after I see the 10K RP pending.

I will be accepting a new number from TF, not changing anything about the existing active phone.

The new phone is an unlocked ex-ATT LG V30.

Chat will not add the device to MyAccount without a SIM to pair with it.

Should I try again but use a freebie VZW SIM they sent me? I realize it would not work to activate, but just to get the IMEI into MyAccount?.

Is there any way to see if this phone has ever bern active on TF?

TIA

Feedback Score
    Tried to start a new chat got "Marylou" again, closed the chat.

I guess wait until tomorrow?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulCrawhorne View Post
    Looking to get the 10000 AAL RP, have a new MyAccount with 5,000 pending from Refer a Friend, has an active phone in it already and the points are scheduled to vest early January.

I have the annual plan bundle GSM BYOP kit on its way, but from what I've read I do not want them to activate until after I see the 10K RP pending.

I will be accepting a new number from TF, not changing anything about the existing active phone.

The new phone is an unlocked ex-ATT LG V30.

Chat will not add the device to MyAccount without a SIM to pair with it.

Should I try again but use a freebie VZW SIM they sent me? I realize it would not work to activate, but just to get the IMEI into MyAccount?.

TIA
    In your case you need to add the sim you ordered to your account. They won't care what phone it is tied to, even though they will ask when you activate the sim.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    You said... Chat will not add the device to MyAccount without a SIM to pair with it.

With a BYOP, you add the SIM to the account, not the phone. The account then shows a SIM, not a phone, to indicate it is a BYOP.
    It is altogether best they do not know the IMEI... so don`t offer it to them if they never ask for it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    With a BYOP, you add the SIM to the account, not the phone. The account then shows a SIM, not a phone, to indicate it is a BYOP.
    It is altogether best they do not know the IMEI... so don`t offer it to them if they never ask for it.
    Wow, "whoosh" here!

So all those threads about adding a device first to verify AAL points, were only talking about TF branded phones or at least ones purchased through the company?

90% of my reason for doing this is to get the points, so I want as much security as possible.

What is the procedure to add the line then, still hold off activation, use chat and just give the SIM ICCID? Or use them to both activate and AAL to MyAccount?

Or can it be safely done DIY, activate from within MyAccount?

Feedback Score
    Wow, "whoosh" here!

So all those threads about adding a device first to verify AAL points, were only talking about TF branded phones or at least ones purchased through the company?

90% of my reason for doing this is to get the points, so I want as much security as possible.

What is the procedure to add the line then, still hold off activation, use chat and just give the SIM ICCID? Or use them to both activate and AAL to MyAccount?

Add the sim via chat, same procedure as a TracFone. Make sure points appear as pending. Then activate on website.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Wow, "whoosh" here!

Yes, only Tracfone branded phones... where you enter the Tracfone`s IMEI and a picture of the actual phone appears in your account.
    You have a BYOP and a Tracfone SIM. You enter the SIM and a picture of a SIM appears in your account.

You will have to have a TF CSR enter either type (Tracfone or SIM) to get it into your account and verify immediately that the 10,000 points appear in your rewards... you can see it all happening while in your account.

I recommend you also see other peoples reply to you for a better understanding.

Feedback Score
    Hmmm.
    So I have one of the ebay BYOP kits coming my way. I want to use it on a new BYOP S22 that I plan on activating with a number / service transfer from my current S9+.
    Can this done in a way to also take advantage of the AAL?

Feedback Score
    All worked so far, thank you!

15000 Pending RPs

I recommend you also see other peoples reply to you for a better understanding.
    Tx, and yes believe everything is carefully parsed!

So the referral Pending will now vest same day 61 as the AAL points?

1/26

Also, I have two HSN 1yr pair bundle coming, 2x Moto Pures and 2x flips

How many can I try to get the AAL on concurrently per My Account?

I have a few active stable unlocked lines in my original MyAccount, no RPs pending there.

Should I use Refer a Friend to start a new MyAccount "calving off" one of these, as I already did once?

Or just start up a new one with one of the HSNs, foregoing 10,000 RPs?

Everything needs to be done by New Year though?

Although maybe these RP promos will come back, no harm in keeping the bundle kits sitting on the shelf ready to go I suppose.

Trying not to be too greedy here if that risks losing blocks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FT_VZW View Post
    Hmmm.
    So I have one of the ebay BYOP kits coming my way. I want to use it on a new BYOP S22 that I plan on activating with a number / service transfer from my current S9+.
    Can this done in a way to also take advantage of the AAL?
    You need to first join RP program, use a Referral (DM me) to get 5000 for each of us.

Make sure your existing phone will not need any changes for 61+ days.

AAL using the Chat scripts posted, getting the device added into that existing MyAccount, see the 10,000 RPs added, then activate the line new number (or port from outside) with the SIM. NOT combining or transferring time or units.

Then DO NOT mess with either line for 61+ days, until your 15000 RPs are finally vested.

Then look for the scripts for merging the time and units.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Never forget that even if the cellular customer doesn't provide the IMEI#, the system automatically detects the phone IMEI# every time a call, data session or a text message is sent or received. What the billing system does with the information is entirely proprietary.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Data point - I asked the rep in a previous chat

"Can you please confirm this IMEI has never been registered in Tracfone's system?"

He answered with a simple "Yes".

My understanding is that this is important with AAL points getting vested, should not try it with recycled hardware?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    the system automatically detects the phone IMEI# every time a call, data session or a text message is sent or received. What the billing system does with the information is entirely proprietary.
    Not just billing but network provisioning, is the SIM-swapped device even allowed service?

My understanding is, this depends more on the upstream MNO system and policies, not TF itself.

VZW being pretty unfriendly about swapping.

IME TMO no worries? So long as bands are compatible but that is the user's problem not enforced by TMO itself.

ATT has its IMEI whitelist like VZW, not sure if they are OK with SIM swapping.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    ATT has its IMEI whitelist like VZW, not sure if they are OK with SIM swapping.
    From my experience, until about 2015 as an At&t rep, they didn't care back then, but it may have changed more recently.

Feedback Score
    I sim swap all three carriers on TracFone. Verizon is clearly the most risky one to do this but so far ok on all three.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast