Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trying to AAL using AT&T BYOP SIM kit annual bundle from eBay

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulCrawhorne View Post
    You need to first join RP program, use a Referral (DM me) to get 5000 for each of us.

Make sure your existing phone will not need any changes for 61+ days.

AAL using the Chat scripts posted, getting the device added into that existing MyAccount, see the 10,000 RPs added, then activate the line new number (or port from outside) with the SIM. NOT combining or transferring time or units.

Then DO NOT mess with either line for 61+ days, until your 15000 RPs are finally vested.

Then look for the scripts for merging the time and units.
    I am sure that at some point I must have joint the rewards program, as I have like 300 points showing online. So I am assuming that the referral won't work ... 😢

When you say " getting the device added to the existing account", do you mean the sim card from the BYOP deal, correct? Or do you mean activating the new S22 with that sim card and a new number? In that case, I would have two phones in parallel for 61 days, right?
    After the 61 days, can I still merge from my old phone while also transferring the number over?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FT_VZW View Post
    When you say " getting the device added to the existing account", do you mean the sim card from the BYOP deal, correct?
    Yes unless it's a TF sold or branded device, as we were informed above.

> Or do you mean activating the new S22 with that sim card and a new number?

Only after it is in your MyAccount, and via chat so there is a record.

> In that case, I would have two phones in parallel for 61 days, right?

Yes, no changing anything.

> After the 61 days, can I still merge from my old phone while also transferring the number over

Whole other hassle doing that right, always fraught, please use another thread for those details.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    You will have to have a TF CSR enter either type (Tracfone or SIM) to get it into your account and verify immediately that the 10,000 points appear in your rewards... you can see it all happening while in your account.
    How many, within what time window would be safe conservatively?

My new account currently has 15,000 pending, 5000 referral on a stable active phone plus one 10k AAL on the second line.

Four HSN bundles on the way.

Each new AAL resets the vesting date for everything in that MyAccount, right?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I believe that each AAL has its own independent vesting date.

Feedback Score
    Yup and it's very important the line count stays accurate through vesting dates. If you AAL while another AAL is still pending you have to make sure the original AAL is still active when the new one tries to vest. For those harvesting phones with minimum plans this can be a bit of planning exercise

Feedback Score
    All my AALs include a full year of service so no worries on that score.

Personally I think anything over $6 for a month of TF service is a rip-off when full-year bundles are so cheap, especially including GBs worth $10 each

since everything is eventually merge-stackable on the "actually used" lines once the RPs vest.

Feedback Score
    Orbic Journey V Flip Tracfone 2pk Bundle w/1200 Min/Text/Data/365 Days

at $25 each, deduct $12 for 1.2GB leaves $13 for the rest

Allocate $1 for the hardware, more than fair, when the dust has settled, put it on the free FP/Wally plan for $10 and donate to a local abused women's shelter.

So assuming the min/txt has zero value to you,

the calendar service time comes to $1/mo!

RPs worth $100 for the AAL is all gravy, if it actually vests.

See why I think paying $20 just for a short term plan is throwing money away?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulCrawhorne View Post
    Wow, "whoosh" here!

So all those threads about adding a device first to verify AAL points, were only talking about TF branded phones or at least ones purchased through the company?

90% of my reason for doing this is to get the points, so I want as much security as possible.

What is the procedure to add the line then, still hold off activation, use chat and just give the SIM ICCID? Or use them to both activate and AAL to MyAccount?

Or can it be safely done DIY, activate from within MyAccount?
    I seem to recall that I added a BYOP device back in August without activating right away. This was a legacy T-Mobile device using a T-Mobile-based Tracfone SIM.

I did that via chat and received the 10K AAL points right away. I then activated it with a 30-day card that I purchased from Target a few days later. The points vested as expected in October. That put me over the top for a $300 coupon and I redeemed that immediately.

I have another T-mobile device and SIM that I may try shortly. That phone is network-locked so I doubt that it will work with the TF SIM, but you never know.

EDIT: Upon reviewing my Rewards account activity, the BYOP bonus points were added the same day as the activation. I definitely recall buying the plan card separately, but I suppose I had bought it prior to adding the device. All this happened before I was aware of the 40-day strategy.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    More like a 40-day gamble. The risk is real... at some point, TF will react. When is anyone's guess?
    If you cannot afford $10 to $20, how can you afford the loss of 10,000 points?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2