Thread: iOS 16 on Tracfone iPhones. Your experience?

Feedback Score

iOS 16 on Tracfone iPhones. Your experience?

Yesterday I updated to iOS 15.7.1 on my iPhone XR I am scared to update to iOS 16 as I've seen how it works with widgets and everything else.

Currently I've got my phone completely locked down from apps asking to track my location. not allow targeted ads, Remove all stuff from the farther left screen that accesses the internet for notifications / weather / news updates and even have low data mode on activated on my iPhone to conserve data while I'm out and about.

I'm concerned that iOS 16 won't respect these measures that I've taken in order to conserve data on the phone and I don't want widgets ETC.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Aside from a bunch of questionable new features, ios 16 offers incremental security updates without the need for a software update. A big improvement in my mind.

That said, I’m also on 15.7.1 and, with Apple’s track record, I’ll be staying away from 16 until I’m sure all the bugs have been worked out.

Feedback Score
    My TF iPhone SE 2020 updated to 16 last week. It seems to be working ok, though I don't use the phone heavily.

Device(s)
    Xperia X, iPhone 7, iPhone SE2, Galaxy A51, LG Classic Flip
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Cricket, Tracfone (VZ), Tracfone (AT&T), FreedomPop (GSMT)
    Feedback Score
    I'm anti-upgrade, so I stick with the lowest version that came with the phone for jailbreak/root. Still running iOS 13.6 on the iPhone 7 and 15.6.2 on the SE2. Main issue is some apps like Google Voice and McDonald's will not work with older iOS version.

If the iPhone XR on iOS 15.7.1 is working fine, then just keep it as it is until you are forced to upgrade. You can install an Block OTA Profile to prevent your phone from checking/updating. Need to surf to this page on the iPhone using Safari and install.

https://betaprofiles.dev/#block-ota

Feedback Score
    Good stuff everyone. Oddly enough, my iPod Touch 7th Gen got the update as well.

Feedback Score
    Updated my TF branded iPhone 11 to iOS16 a while ago. No problems for me. Editing iMessages is worth the upgrade.