Thread: Porting Number Out of Tracfone

Feedback Score

Porting Number Out of Tracfone

I’m planning to port a Tracfone number to Google Fi. Any advice? I just ordered a Flip 4 to use on Google Fi.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Don't tell Tracfone that you are porting the number, but make sure you have either the security code or PIN # for your account before chatting with Google Fi.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You need to provide Fi with your TF phone number, TF account number, Port PIN #, name, zip code, etc.

* From your phone on TF, text FOUR to 611611. It'll return a 4-digit number which is the last 4-digit of your account number. From those 4 numbers, you can figure out if the account number is the SIM number or the IMEI number.
    * When you're ready to provide the Port PIN number to Fi, from your phone on TF text NTP (Network Transfer PIN) to 611611. It'll send back a 4-digit Port PIN. It's good for 24-48 hrs, so don't request it too early. If a Port PIN expires, text NTP to 611611 again to get a new one.
    * TF Port Dept might call you on your phone on TF to confirm that it was you who submitted a request to port out. Just confirm that you did and TF will release your number to Fi.

Feedback Score
    I ported TF to FI within minutes last week. While maybe not necessary, I made sure the address and zip code in my TracFone account also matched in addition to making sure I had the right account number (I posted a link how to look that up via Dev Tools in Chrome) and getting an NTP PIN sent to me from the website (which in turn requires you to verify via a text on the phone). I immediately got the text that the phone number was about to be moved, and it was working on Google Fi in less than 2 minutes -- talk, text, data. This was from VZW TF to Fi (which is Tmobile).

Feedback Score
    Thanks for this info. I can’t wait to get my new phone. I really like a new phone. Basically a kid in a candy store when looking at new phones.

Device(s)
    TF Moto E 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=hpham;17236076]You need to provide Fi with your TF phone number, TF account number, Port PIN #, name, zip code, etc.

* When you're ready to provide the Port PIN number to Fi, from your phone on TF text NTP (Network Transfer PIN) to 611611. It'll send back a 4-digit Port PIN. It's good for 24-48 hrs, so don't request it too early. If a Port PIN expires, text NTP to 611611 again to get a new one.

I'll be helping my MIL port her line from TF to Assurance. Although she doesn't have the phone yet, I had my MIL text NTP just to practice, and the pin reply said it was good for 10 minutes. Will that work with such a short window?
    TZ

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by happygrrl1 View Post
    I’m planning to port a Tracfone number to Google Fi. Any advice?
    When requesting the NTP, give it some time. When porting my son recently, I requested in his account on the website. When it didn't come, he texted NTP to 611611. Eventually, we got two, but used the wrong one in the port request. It was just a small delay, but I should have been more patient initially.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowLoris View Post
    When requesting the NTP, give it some time. When porting my son recently, I requested in his account on the website. When it didn't come, he texted NTP to 611611. Eventually, we got two, but used the wrong one in the port request. It was just a small delay, but I should have been more patient initially.
    Same thing happened to me. I chose not do the port yet but the CSR I talked to said "No Problem" just try them both.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, Samsung A53 5G, Pixel 6a, iPhone 11, Samsung A51
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'll be doing a port out soon too (first time) to Google Fi for a new Samsung S23. Thanks to hpham and pitflyer and others for all the helpful information about all of this (about Google Fi and Porting out).

When I text four to 611611 on device I get the correct IMEI of device so of course I assume this is the account number required to port out.

There is also as pitflyer mentioned another way to determine account number in case a strange number is returned by "four" or just to confirm the account number returned by "four" is "correct". It is described here: https://www.reddit.com/r/TracFone/co..._account_page/

I tried it and it agreed that my device IMEI is my account number. It was not that hard to do.

I took some screenshots.

First I logged in to my Tracfone account with the Chrome browser.

I head over to manage lines and select the line that will be ported out - the line I want to know the "account number" of.

Then in a white space right there on the page I right click with the mouse and select "inspect" from the context menu that pops up. It's on the bottom.

Name:  one.JPG
Views: 51
Size:  56.8 KB

This opens up a split screen with two windows in the browser with the account on the left and the Inspect element on the right.

First thing I do is click 'Check Usage" on the left side where the account is. This will bring up the balance of the line on the left.

Name:  new.JPG
Views: 49
Size:  38.7 KB

Then after, on the right side in the Inspect element window, I clicked the two arrows and choose "Network" from the drop down menu:

Name:  two.JPG
Views: 50
Size:  73.3 KB

Then I make sure Fetch/XHR is selected:

Name:  three.JPG
Views: 48
Size:  22.7 KB

Then I look for the "balance?client_id=" entries in the Name window like shown below and select one of them:

(you can also put bal or web in the filter to bring them up)

Name:  four.JPG
Views: 51
Size:  54.1 KB

This opens up the webpigateway url to the right of it and the "account number" is listed in it after "identifier="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    (with the X's being the account number).

Name:  five.JPG
Views: 48
Size:  70.8 KB

In my case as I mentioned this number matched the device IMEI I received when i texted four to 611611 from the phone.
    Last edited by tomseys; 02-03-2023 at 10:48 AM.

Feedback Score
    Also only initiate the port during business hours, as it seems to be processed by a human. Otherwise it will fail and hang until canceled. You will then need to resubmit a new port request and your initial NTP will no longer be valid. I believe business hours are Monday – Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST