Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No Data Connection

Feedback Score

No Data Connection

My Moto G Pure has been working fine up till today when I was out and noticed data wasn't able to connect. I have 393 MB data left on Tracfone so i'm not out of data.

I contacted Tracfone and per their instructions, rebooted the phone, took out SIM card and stuck it back in, put it in Airplane Mode for 8 seconds....and still LTE is not lighting up on top of the screen and keeps saying "No Data Connection"

Last week my Moto automatically updated from Android 11 to Android 12 and changed the whole appearance of things in my Settings. I'm wondering if the update could have had anything to do with it?

I really like this Moto G and wondering if I should just replace it to one that has Android 11, or could it be just the SIM card needs to be replaced? Any help is appreciated.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    Make sure the APN is set as VZWINTERNET. Sometimes an update changes it to an APN that doesn't work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Make sure the APN is set as VZWINTERNET. Sometimes an update changes it to an APN that doesn't work.
    Holy cow that worked!! Thanks so much!! When I found the APN in settings the circle next to it wasn't filled in indicating it wasn't on, so I clicked on it and suddenly had connection again!

Though how did this happen. Does it disconnect by itself? In any case, now that I know this if it happens again, I know where to look now.

Funny Tracfone didn't suggest this easy fix!! Thanks again, you saved my day lol.

Feedback Score
    I see that a lot with Android phones that sometimes the APN is there but unselected after updates. So sometimes its as simple as selecting it as active. Other times you have to edit the APN in the selected profile. So far 90% of the time that has worked for me...

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, Samsung A53 5G, Pixel 6a, iPhone 11, Samsung A51
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Seems Samsung phones in particular will often change to the other APN after OS upgrades and also if you put a TF sim back in it after having had a different provider sim in it for a bit in the case of unlocked TF phones.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitflyer View Post
    I see that a lot with Android phones that sometimes the APN is there but unselected after updates. So sometimes its as simple as selecting it as active. Other times you have to edit the APN in the selected profile. So far 90% of the time that has worked for me...
    I'm so glad I came here to ask because now I learned how to check this if it ever happens again. I was seriously thinking I had to replace the phone today.

Though I really do hate Android 12 update I got last week so much so that i'm seriously thinking of getting another phone just to get back to 11. It may sound petty, but I really can't stand that gigantic double line clock on the lock screen. I hate looking at it so much that I would actually change phones just because of that....and incredibly, there's no way to change it back to the one line clock in the settings. I don't like being forced to look at what some idiot thinks is the better way to view a digital clock.

I see HSN has a 6.5 inch Moto Power for $79.99 that's Android 11 and I may get it.

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chris330r View Post
    Though I really do hate Android 12 update I got last week so much so that i'm seriously thinking of getting another phone just to get back to 11. It may sound petty, but I really can't stand that gigantic double line clock on the lock screen.
    Do a Google search for "Android 12 double line clock" and there are various ways to change/disable it. I did it on my Pixel phone. It might be different on your Moto G Pure.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Do a Google search for "Android 12 double line clock" and there are various ways to change/disable it. I did it on my Pixel phone. It might be different on your Moto G Pure.
    Thanks, but there's no way to change it on the Moto G. I searched all over the internet for instructions and saw the ones for Pixel but Moto is locked into this hideous double line clock until some egghead over there allows the settings to change it back to one line.

For now, I keep an "Always on Display" app going in order to keep the giant clock out of sight.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    You could try a different launcher. I use an older version of Nova Launcher, but there are others that you could use to customize lots of things, including the clock.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    You could try a different launcher. I use an older version of Nova Launcher, but there are others that you could use to customize lots of things, including the clock.
    Never heard of Nova Launcher and just installed it to my phone. After searching and playing around with the app, I can't seem to find anywhere to change the lock screen clock with it. Is it in the settings somewhere to choose it?

EDIT: I just bought the Moto Power off HSN for 5 payments of $16 bucks. It's Android 11 and seems to be a little better than my Moto Pure and I also extend my Tracfone service by another year (now all the way to 2027!) and I get 1500 mb data and 1500 texts added on so not bad at all.
    I just hope the update to Android 12 isn't automatic. I remember I had to press the screen to agree to the update last week on my Pure so when I see that pop up I will not press it this time.

Device(s)
    LG Aristo 2 Plus (T-Mo); Moto G Power 2020 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Why don't you try the Moto Widget on your Moto G Pure? That's a nice looking circular clock in two variations, and also an analog face. Android version shouldn't matter, and all modern Motos should have it. It has a weather portion that connects to AccuWeather, unlike that nasty looking 1Weather app that's on by default. When I first got my latest Moto G Power 2020 last year I wanted that clock look but didn't know it was called Moto Widget. In the Widgets section off the Home screen.

Additional: Come to think of it, I don't know if the Moto Widget clockface style will show on the Lock Screen on Android 12. It does on A-11.

Also, on my Moto G 2020 with A-11, when looking at the Lock Screen, I can change clocks by long pressing directly on it, and I get the choices inherent to the Moto Widget - the "Battery Ring" and two others.
    Last edited by whacker; 11-29-2022 at 12:22 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chris330r View Post
    Thanks, but there's no way to change it on the Moto G. I searched all over the internet for instructions and saw the ones for Pixel but Moto is locked into this hideous double line clock until some egghead over there allows the settings to change it back to one line.

For now, I keep an "Always on Display" app going in order to keep the giant clock out of sight.
    Interessting.....both my moto g 5g stylus updated to 12 with the familiar battery ring and normal clock...which I like.

ref Make sure the APN is set as VZWINTERNET. Sometimes an update changes it to an APN that doesn't work.I wonder how best to spread the word if even TF cant figure it out. I was thinking maybe you could text a code to 611611 and get an auto fix but no....it looks like they gave you a bunch of malarky, which is sad...
    Is a sticky thread in order here????

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    From the TF 611611 text helpline...

APN
    To update your data settings to send MMS and access the Internet, text the word APN to 611611.

Doesn`t always work.

Device(s)
    LG Aristo 2 Plus (T-Mo); Moto G Power 2020 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I certainly could be wrong, but it's hard to imagine there being a big difference between A-11 and A-12 with regard to this on a recent Motorola model. But another way to change the clock on the Lock Screen is to use Moto's Peek Display feature (which I do), and go into its Settings area (Settings->Display->Advanced->Peek Display->Settings->Clock, and there are choices available. Just a suggestion if you're still working on this.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    I certainly could be wrong, but it's hard to imagine there being a big difference between A-11 and A-12 with regard to this on a recent Motorola model. But another way to change the clock on the Lock Screen is to use Moto's Peek Display feature (which I do), and go into its Settings area (Settings->Display->Advanced->Peek Display->Settings->Clock, and there are choices available. Just a suggestion if you're still working on this.
    Thanks for the suggestion...I tried it and you can put the nice circular clock to show on peek display when you pick it up, but when you press the side power button to see the lock screen that giant ugly as hell 2 line clock that covers the entire screen pops up. It's so damn ugly and obtrusive that I have to wonder if the tech people at Moto did this just to piss off customers because I can't imagine anyone actually liking this clock face.

I received the Moto Power from HSN yesterday and it came with Android 11 and I was so happy until I got things set up and noticed the screen is much darker than the Moto Pure.

I placed them side by side and was amazed at how much darker the Power screen is compared to Pure. I tried all the settings to make it brighter but there's no way unless I keep it at 100% bright setting all the time....and even that is the same as only 70% brightness on the Pure.

So I factory reset it and will ship it back to HSN today. I'd rather live with an ugly clock than keep 100% brightness and sucking battery life all the time.

Has anyone else had this issue with the Moto Power? I was under the impression that the Power was a step up from the Pure....but the darker screen tells me otherwise.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast