Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ATTEN.: Tracfone TCL Flip 2 & Wifi Calling

Feedback Score

Question ATTEN.: Tracfone TCL Flip 2 & Wifi Calling

When I called Tracfone support about activating wifi calling on my TCL Flip 2 I was told that it did not support wifi calling. This is not correct. Other members on this forum who have had thier TCL Fip 2 unlocked, and have gone to a different cell provider have reported that wifi calling does indeed work on this phone. Why is it in this day and age Tracfone will not provide wifi calling on a device ? (And most all newer devices now are capable of wifi calling)

Feedback Score
    Being capable doesn't mean a carrier provides it an on models. Kind of like a carriers whitelist, ATT for example, just because a phone has the carriers bands and is VoLTE capable doesn't mean the phone can be activated with the carrier. Unlike T-Mobile which is pretty open with wifi calling, Verizon is more restrictive with the phones "whitelisted" to use it. It's not a TF thing it's a Verizon thing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Being capable doesn't mean a carrier provides it an on models. Kind of like a carriers whitelist, ATT for example, just because a phone has the carriers bands and is VoLTE capable doesn't mean the phone can be activated with the carrier. Unlike T-Mobile which is pretty open with wifi calling, Verizon is more restrictive with the phones "whitelisted" to use it. It's not a TF thing it's a Verizon thing.
    I understand what you are saying.Verizon, or Tracfone, it should not matter. It is a feature that should be available. By the way, for what it is worth, I got a PM from Alex Trac saying that wifi calling works on the TCL Flip 2. I will pursue this with Exec. Resolutions, but I won't hold my breath.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Landngroove View Post
    I understand what you are saying.Verizon, or Tracfone, it should not matter. It is a feature that should be available. By the way, for what it is worth, I got a PM from Alex Trac saying that wifi calling works on the TCL Flip 2. I will pursue this with Exec. Resolutions, but I won't hold my breath.
    How did you activate the Flip? New Line or Transfer?

Feedback Score
    Where is the option to turn it on?

Feedback Score
    It was a new line.

Feedback Score
    That is a good question!

Feedback Score
    Alex sent me instructions to turn it on, but he must have a special phone with different menus than mine.

Feedback Score
    When I called Tracfone support about activating wifi calling on my TCL Flip 2 I was told that it did not support wifi calling. This is not correct. Other members on this forum who have had thier TCL Fip 2 unlocked, and have gone to a different cell provider have reported that wifi calling does indeed work on this phone. Why is it in this day and age Tracfone will not provide wifi calling on a device ? (And most all newer devices now are capable of wifi calling)
    see this thread - https://howardforums.com/showthread....iew?p=17227666
    see post #64

Feedback Score
    It was a new line.
    Ok...that's not the issue. Transfers from older TF/Verizon lines have been problematic. New lines should not have the issue.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, Samsung A53 5G, Pixel 6a, iPhone 11, Samsung A51
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Regarding TF/Verizon and Wi-Fi calling, it also depends on the phone.

Some phones even being activated with a new line - which usually works to activate Wi-Fi calling, will not get working Wi-Fi calling.

For example many of the flip phones (if not all - does the Orbic have it?) do not get it. None of mine have it

My Pixel 6a did not get it with new line activation. And I pursued it hard to try and activate it with corp help.

But enrolling it in the pixel beta program got it working.

I believe the Moto e6 may not have working Wi-Fi calling even if activated as new line (confirmed by Crazy8SD?). It just doesn't work on TF/Verizon no matter what you do. Seems verizon blocks this particular phone for some reason. Slepy pointing it out I think.

Released around the same time as the A51 which has working Wi-Fi calling.

Device(s)
    Xperia X, iPhone 7, iPhone SE2, Galaxy A51, LG Classic Flip
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Cricket, Tracfone (VZ), Tracfone (AT&T), FreedomPop (GSMT)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    Regarding TF/Verizon and Wi-Fi calling, it also depends on the phone.

I believe the Moto e6 may not have working Wi-Fi calling even if activated as new line (confirmed by Crazy8SD?). It just doesn't work on TF/Verizon no matter what you do. Seems verizon blocks this particular phone for some reason. Slepy pointing it out I think.
    Yeah. Tracfone/Verizon blocks Wi-Fi calling on the Moto E6. But as soon as you switch to Tracfone/T-Mobile SIM, Wi-Fi calling is available on the same phone. They seem to block a bunch of other capable phones as well.

https://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1925631

I forgot to test the TCL Flip 2 for Wi-Fi calling on TF/Vz. Already combined with my main line +10 months. The menu/settings appear with a FreedomPop GSMT (T-Mobile) SIM. The E911 address must be set by a CSR per fv22652 and IsLand_BoY. Can't self-service, so I didn't enable.

https://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1926000-TCL-Flip-2-4G-LTE-19-99-quick-review?p=17234263#post17234263

IsLand_BoY Flip 2 on T-Mo https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...9#post17229709

I think from the previous consensus, Wi-Fi calling is not available with Tracfone Flip phones running on the Verizon network, even if the phone itself is capable. T-Mobile seems to be the most generous in allowing VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling.

Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    Released around the same time as the A51 which has working Wi-Fi calling.
    Thanks for the reminder to test Wi-Fi calling on the Reconditioned Galaxy A51 on TF/Vz.

Wi-Fi Calling was fine on the Reconditioned iPhone SE2. Easy enable. For Verizon, requires iPhone running iOS 13.3.1 or later and TFW Carrier Settings Version 40.1 or later.
    Last edited by Slepy; 12-01-2022 at 02:20 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, Samsung A53 5G, Pixel 6a, iPhone 11, Samsung A51
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slepy View Post
    Thanks for the reminder to test Wi-Fi calling on the Reconditioned Galaxy A51 on TF/Vz.

Wi-Fi Calling was fine on the Reconditioned iPhone SE2. Easy enable. For Verizon, requires iPhone running iOS 13.3.1 or later and TFW Carrier Settings Version 40.1 or later.
    My TF/V refurb Samsung A51 and A20 both have working wi-fi calling. They were born with it when I activated them as new lines.

My first TF/V phone to have working WF calling was an SE 2016.

My SE 2016 acquired it when I called the TF corp office to get them to fix it since Wi-Fi calling wasn't working/provisioned properly which they did by disabling and then reenabling Wi-Fi calling on the line. I actually got 3 SE 2016 phones to obtain it like this. Same with 2 6S phones.

With my SE 2020s, they were either born with it like the Samsungs with a new line activation or inherited it from a transferred in line that had it working (from being either fixed or born).

My BYOP SE '22s inherited it with working Wi-Fi calling line transfer.

My Samsung A53 5G was born with it with the new line activation.

My Pixel 6a was new liine activated but the Wi-Fi calling feature would not work. I decided to try the Pixel beta android program since it seemed to help Pixel 7 phones activate and this made the Wi-Fi calling on the 6a work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Senkoboy View Post
    Alex sent me instructions to turn it on, but he must have a special phone with different menus than mine.
    With all the phones that Alex Trac has, he must have been using that same phone when he sent me the same instructions !

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Senkoboy View Post
    Where is the option to turn it on?
    Typically, those features are controlled by the carrier through their billing system. Even if the phone has the capability to do Wi-Fi calling, unless it is provisioned on the account, it will not work.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast