Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tracfone Moto G pure and nova7

Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone / Verizon
    Feedback Score

Tracfone Moto G pure and nova7

Got in a new Motorola Moto G Pure (2021) today from Amazon on their Black Friday deal. Booted up and installed Nova and Nova Prime on it. I had saved my wife's info on her SD card and was setting it up with extra home screens etc and Phone and contacts showed up fine. Then I installed the back up of the Nova 7 and it emulated her LG phone, with some icons grayed out.
    Her phone and contacts no are gray and non responsive. Do i go back to the original setting/
    How odd that there is no "Gallery" icon on Motorola. It must be a LG thing.
    Still, why would not the "phone" and "Contacts" show up in the app drawer now? Also odd was that there was no app drawer icon that I used to have locked to the app drawer. What happened to it?
    Last edited by Serial Port; 01-01-2023 at 04:19 PM.
    I was born with nothing and have managed to keep most of it.
    When I was a kid rocks were soft and dirt was new.

Moto G Pure (2021) ver 12(current house phone) -> LG Premier Pro Plus(my pack along)

Device(s)
    Pixel 3 XL, iPhone SE, OnePlus Nord N200
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Gallery: Motos usually come with Google Photos as the gallery app. It's labeled Photos in the app drawer.

App drawer: Recent Android phones default to gesture navigation, quickly swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the app drawer. If you want the buttons back go to Settings > System > Gestures > System navigation and select 3-button navigation.

Re: Nova, Nova Prime and Nova 7. Is this the Nova Launcher? When you restore a launcher backup the icons for apps that don't exist on the new phone are grayed out on the home screen. The LG Contacts and Phone apps are not on your Moto phone You need to replaced the grayed out apps with the Moto equivalents from the app drawer.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Feedback Score
    The MGP I believe uses google based apps for phone & contacts.

Same for a gallery - I think it uses Google Photos vs a regular gallery app.

If the LG phone was using it's own version of those apps - that could be the issue.

The Nova back-ups would now be looking for something that isn't on the new phone.

The lack of an app drawer icon might be normal behavior for later android versions.

There is a setting in Nova for how to open the app drawer .... "swipe - icon or other".

Also believe the MGP was getting an Android 12 update - not sure if yours got it & the effect it may have on things.

I have (2) MGPs (unlocked from Visible) sitting here & neither one has the A12 update available yet.

Feedback Score
    I updated to android 12 on my moto g pure. Not real happy with it. The pull down from the top of the screen with all the options. Is not as user friendly as the android 11

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kc classic View Post
    I updated to android 12 on my moto g pure. Not real happy with it. The pull down from the top of the screen with all the options. Is not as user friendly as the android 11
    I`m wondering how long will it take to adjust to it... if ever?

Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    ]I DID notice on the Moto G Pure a marked increase of cell phone signal compared to my wife's LG L355. Her old phone had a -119 to -120 dBm and the Motorola had a -85 dBm reading, and that was at the same time on the kitchen table.

I would like to get rid of all the BS that happens when I finger down from top to bottom. Before, when I finger touch and move down i get the menu of what's active and any notifications. I can easily hit "clear all" and they disappear.
    Any ideas how to get that to also work on the Moto G Pure?

Also when I hit the square button on the right bottom in the "dock" icons I can also hit (Clear all) and all the stuff deletes, but with the Moto G Pure I have to click on each "page" and scroll it up to get it out of the system. Tips??
    Last edited by Serial Port; 01-01-2023 at 04:19 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I see the "clear all" on the far left of the screen, after you move all the apps toward the right.

Feedback Score
    Awesome tip Tracfancier didn't know that. TY.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

My plans:
    Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 12.25.23

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, Samsung A53 5G, Pixel 6a, iPhone 11, Samsung A51
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    I see the "clear all" on the far left of the screen, after you move all the apps toward the right.

The Pixel 6a (on A13) is like that too:

Attachment 172857

Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Another question. When i click the display 2 times (Nova Launcher) it turns off the screen to the phone. However, ever 30 second or so the TIME comes back on briefly and you can see the low light pixels show up at that time for a few seconds. Does that even if I click the power button, but don't shut down the phone.

Any idea how to cancel that so it shows NO clock when the screen is blank? I think that is what is draining her battery faster. Seems to eat batter time pretty fast.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    It shouldn`t lite up unless the phone is shaken. Do you have something vibrating the sleeping phone, even very slightly?
    When it lights up you can swipe your finger from the bottom toward the top of the screen and it will open to the home page, bypassing the lock screen, if you do not have it privacy locked.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vljenewein View Post
    Another question. When i click the display 2 times (Nova Launcher) it turns off the screen to the phone. However, ever 30 second or so the TIME comes back on briefly and you can see the low light pixels show up at that time for a few seconds. Does that even if I click the power button, but don't shut down the phone.

Any idea how to cancel that so it shows NO clock when the screen is blank? I think that is what is draining her battery faster. Seems to eat batter time pretty fast.
    The feature is called Peek Display. Go to the app called Moto. Scroll down to the Peek Display section and turn it off.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Mint, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vljenewein View Post
    I DID notice on the Moto G Pure a marked increase of cell phone signal compared to my wife's LG L355. Her old phone had a -119 to -120 dBm and the Motorola had a -85 dBm reading, and that was at the same time on the kitchen table.

I would like to get rid of all the BS that happens when I finger down from top to bottom. Before, when I finger touch and move down i get the menu of what's active and any notifications. I can easily hit "clear all" and they disappear.
    Any ideas how to get that to also work on the Moto G Pure?

Also when I hit the square button on the right bottom in the "dock" icons I can also hit (Clear all) and all the stuff deletes, but with the Moto G Pure I have to click on each "page" and scroll it up to get it out of the system. Tips??
    OT, but what's with the random fonts and bolding? I find it really hard to read. Back to your regularly scheduled broadcast...

Device(s)
    LG Aristo 2 Plus (T-Mo); Moto G Power 2020 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    On my Android 11 Motos I use Peek Display and see virtually no effect on battery life. Having something like Bluetooth on when not needed is much more detrimental to battery life.

Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AnciusD View Post
    OT, but what's with the random fonts and bolding? I find it really hard to read. Back to your regularly scheduled broadcast...
    Sorry, I have vision issues where I have lost significant vision in my left eye and also the right eye. It is called Ischemic Optical Neuropathy, ION for short. What happened is I lost blood flow to my vision receptor cells just a few years ago and have diffiuclty seeing clearly It amounts to double letters or seemingly so, as well as missing parts of the vision picture. Look through foggy glasses or put milk on your glasses and look through that. It is similar to dead pixels on a monitor, but expand that a thousand times. As the cells sometimes are clusters and don't pick up an image. Hence that is why I try to make a different font and a bit larger, just so I can see it. I know... off topic, but for the curios as towhy.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast