Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HSN 2 Phone Bundle Question

Feedback Score

HSN 2 Phone Bundle Question

Hi All!
    I ordered the HSN 2 phone bundle:
    https://www.hsn.com/products/orbic-j...textd/20737152

and the package arrived.
    What's odd is that the phones sure don't look like genuine and new Tracfones.
    I received a box with two white, unmarked boxes inside, one of the phones in each of the white boxes. The phones were inside plastic (bubble) bags. No TF card with the IMEI or sim number, nothing. Looks like I have to read these numbers off the inside of the phones and from the sim card itself.

Does this all sound right? Did you get the same, and they qualified for the 10k AAL rewards points?

Feedback Score
    Correction: I have just found a self adhesive strip with the IMIE & sim card numbers, it had fallen to the floor.
    It still seems all weird.

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    From recent posts that I read, some of the newer phones (made for Verizon) don't come in retail-packaging, and more like from a store's stockroom to be handed directly to a customer that went into a Verizon store. I guess it's a cost-cutting measure by Verizon.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FT_VZW View Post
    Hi All!
    I ordered the HSN 2 phone bundle:
    https://www.hsn.com/products/orbic-j...textd/20737152

and the package arrived.
    What's odd is that the phones sure don't look like genuine and new Tracfones.
    I received a box with two white, unmarked boxes inside, one of the phones in each of the white boxes. The phones were inside plastic (bubble) bags. No TF card with the IMEI or sim number, nothing. Looks like I have to read these numbers off the inside of the phones and from the sim card itself.

Does this all sound right? Did you get the same, and they qualified for the 10k AAL rewards points?
    That is what everyone posts after seeing the Verizon Orbic for the first time. Verizon seems to be unloading stock from one of their other businesses.
    Does anyone other than Verizon sell the Orbic brand?

Feedback Score
    and while we are on the Orbic subject, I have tried with both of my new Orbics from HSN to do the Add A Line by chat, and both have failed to (within 30 seconds) have the AAL points show up. I removed the new devices and tried again the next day, same .... no AAL points within 30 seconds or an hour. I have again removed the devices from my account. This account only has 1 anchor line on it. I have done and removed a few AAL's that vested last month. So only one line remains.

Is anyone else having problems with getting AAL points to show up for the new Orbic flips?

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work phone / T-Mobile (Personal Phone / iPad) / Tracfone VZW MVNO (for fun)!
    Feedback Score
    Try this:

Log in to your account and do a chat. Tell them you have two new devices that you would like to add to your account for later activation.

They will likely send a 2FA to your existing phone. Once verified they will ask for the IMEIs for each. Give them the IMEIs, but if they ask for the SIMs don’t give them those as that means they are activating service.

I did this with 2 bundles last week — one from eBay and one from HSN, and I have 40k pending points on my account. I will activate the SIMs around Christmas time.

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work phone / T-Mobile (Personal Phone / iPad) / Tracfone VZW MVNO (for fun)!
    Feedback Score
    Sorry for the back-to-back posts, and it annoys me to no end that there isn’t an edit post option on an iPhone.

The key words are “add a device for later activation”, not add a line or add a number.

You may have already done it this way, so apologies is this is redundant.

Feedback Score
    You don’t get an edit option when you tap the post number in the top right corner.

Feedback Score
    Update:
    I just added 3 phones to my account in one chat session: two Orbic from the HSN deal, plus one Nokia (also from HSN, I had kind of accidentally ordered that).
    All 30k bonus points are showing up. It took maybe 10-15 seconds or so after the rep confirming the phone added that the updated rewards balance showed up.
    Interesting to note: during the chat session, only the summary on my dashboard updated with 10k points being added at a time. When clicking on "rewards", they were not there (yet). That took probably around 10 minutes even after the chat was done to be updated.

Anyways, it all seems to be fine. The double HSN deal does seem to work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by high technology View Post
    Try this:

Log in to your account and do a chat. Tell them you have two new devices that you would like to add to your account for later activation.

They will likely send a 2FA to your existing phone. Once verified they will ask for the IMEIs for each. Give them the IMEIs, but if they ask for the SIMs don’t give them those as that means they are activating service.

I did this with 2 bundles last week — one from eBay and one from HSN, and I have 40k pending points on my account. I will activate the SIMs around Christmas time.
    Yep, I tried it by chat. It didn't work for either phone. Twice. I guess I will keep trying. Or give the phones to my daughter for her account.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ForSpud View Post
    and while we are on the Orbic subject, I have tried with both of my new Orbics from HSN to do the Add A Line by chat, and both have failed to (within 30 seconds) have the AAL points show up. I removed the new devices and tried again the next day, same .... no AAL points within 30 seconds or an hour. I have again removed the devices from my account. This account only has 1 anchor line on it. I have done and removed a few AAL's that vested last month. So only one line remains.

Is anyone else having problems with getting AAL points to show up for the new Orbic flips?
    Same here! Added by chat, no AAL points pending. Didn’t activate them, removed them from account and will try again.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chosen View Post
    Same here! Added by chat, no AAL points pending. Didn’t activate them, removed them from account and will try again.
    That's unfortunate. It sounds like multiple people are having issues adding bundled phones by chat and getting the AAL points.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    That's unfortunate. It sounds like multiple people are having issues adding bundled phones by chat and getting the AAL points.
    I just purchased two phones and both have arrived. The new one was added to my account by TF, the refurb was not added to my account. The new one added has not received AAL points and it arrived yesterday. I too am wondering if my account has been flagged for creating a second account and asking to transfer two phones to it, which they refused to do without ever saying why. I no longer have any trust in Tracfone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    I just purchased two phones and both have arrived. The new one was added to my account by TF, the refurb was not added to my account. The new one added has not received AAL points and it arrived yesterday. I too am wondering if my account has been flagged for creating a second account and asking to transfer two phones to it, which they refused to do without ever saying why. I no longer have any trust in Tracfone.
    hmmm. That is the case with my account. I have moved (merged) several lines off this account to make room for more AAL devices. After many successful AAL lines, and after the last batch vested, I combined a few lines and moved the remaining extra line off to another account. Now I am not getting the AAL points to show up after adding the device(s) via chat.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ForSpud View Post
    hmmm. That is the case with my account. I have moved (merged) several lines off this account to make room for more AAL devices. After many successful AAL lines, and after the last batch vested, I combined a few lines and moved the remaining extra line off to another account. Now I am not getting the AAL points to show up after adding the device(s) via chat.
    Any idea how many you did in 2020? Somebody suggested a limit of 5 per year in another thread.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast