Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hiving an active phone off MyAccount to start a new one, maybe get referral RPs?

Feedback Score

Hiving an active phone off MyAccount to start a new one, maybe get referral RPs?

I have four active lines in one MyAccount.

There are no Reward Points pending.

What is the safest way to remove a line/phone frim this account, and then start up a new MyAccount using it as the first one ?

Note, my goal is fir this device to remain activated, keep its time and buckets intact.

Besides email, address and payment method any other data points in the Profiles should be kept distinct?

I have some very old MyAccounts, 5-7 years unused? not sure if working, not sure if ever joined the Loyalty RP program, so I think best leave those sleeping dogs lie.

When I join the new MyAccount to the Loyalty RP program, what is then the safest way to use a referral code from the original MyAccount the phone came from?

What sort of odds do you give me 5000 points end up vesting on both?

Feedback Score
    I think people generally transfer one line from one existing account to another. I haven't really seen a script on how to tell the rep to put it on its own new account. That doesn't mean they can't do it.

It might be easier to start a new account with a new line such as from the HSN bundle. And then transfer your existing line after that is setup.

In theory, the new account could use the referral code from your first account. But keep in mind, if your existing account is newer, there's a recently discovered bug where the new account is getting points but the referring account is not. I had that happen to me when I opened an account and started referring others. They were getting points but I wasn't.

But in theory the new account you open would get the 5,000 points. And then you would have an account to transfer the existing line to.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, Samsung A53 5G, Pixel 6a, iPhone 11, Samsung A51
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I did something similar recently. I had three ebay flip bundles. I wanted to create a new account for more AALs. So I took one ebay bundle and activated it online using the website (not the chat).

This created a new account and I was able to give a new email and password and the ebay bundle I used to create it became the existing line. I then joined the Tracfone rewards program and entered a referral code of a "friend". The account got 6,000 points and my friend got 9,000 points. Then, a couple of days later, I added the other two bundles as AALs using the chat of course and they each got 10,000 points.

It all vested fine.

I used crazy8sd's guide for suggestions on how to create the account and to get the referral code entered.
    There is a limited time to enter code and you don't want to miss it.

I actually didn't follow it exactly since I was able to use the website via web browser to enter the referral code.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I had another situation where I found an old account of mine that had no lines in it. I had abandoned it 1.5 years ago.

When I logged in, expecting for there to be no points or anything, it had more than 1k points in and had been accumulating anniversary bonuses.

So with this existing account, I moved a line from another account over to it to create an existing line.

Waited a little bit then added 2 or 4 AALs to it and they all vested.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    One question I have is, if you can use an existing line in an account to create a new account, and that existing line was previously in an account that was active with the TF rewards program, will that existing line be eligible to join the Tracfone rewards program in the new account which would be critical to be able to get future AALs?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    It might be easier to start a new account with a new line such as from the HSN bundle. And then transfer your existing line after that is setup
    Maybe I'm just too greedy

The first line/phone in the new MyAccount is not eligible for AAL.

So I want to use one that isn't eligible anyway.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    One question I have is, if you can use an existing line in an account to create a new account, and that existing line was previously in an account that was active with the TF rewards program, will that existing line be eligible to join the Tracfone rewards program in the new account which would be critical to be able to get future AALs?
    Yes, definitely. The account I have been using recently for bundle AALs was a long abandoned one with no devices in it, that had never been in the loyalty RP program.

I don't recall my steps, but I moved an active line in from my active MyAccount, then joined the old/new RP with a referral from there

But it was all just me stumbling around no CS involvement and nothing will vest for another six weeks.

Which is why I'm seeking help on a more methodical path.

Forgive my OCD here:

> will that existing line be eligible to join the Tracfone rewards program

It is the MyAccount that joins RP, independent of any phone / line within it

Would be interesting For Science to see if an empty MyAccount can join and get referral points

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulCrawhorne View Post
    Yes, definitely. The account I have been using recently for bundle AALs was a long abandoned one with no devices in it, that had never been in the loyalty RP program.

I don't recall my steps, but I moved an active line in from my active MyAccount, then joined the old/new RP with a referral from there

But it was all just me stumbling around no CS involvement and nothing will vest for another six weeks.

Which is why I'm seeking help on a more methodical path.

Forgive my OCD here:

> will that existing line be eligible to join the Tracfone rewards program

It is the MyAccount that joins RP, independent of any phone / line within it

Would be interesting For Science to see if an empty MyAccount can join and get referral points

Well I haven't really heard of anyone using an exising line in one account to create a new account, to then do AALs.

I've moved lines to existing accounts. But will be interesting to hear more about it.

Feedback Score
    Wow gold mine there

thanks to both of you

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulCrawhorne View Post
    You can't create a new, empty account. When you create a new account, the site will ask for a device to add to the account. It can be an existing active device, or a new inactive device (which will be activated). At least that's how it worked the last time I created a new account in 2021.

Name:  Tracfone-Account-Creation-1.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  42.6 KB

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    You can't create a new, empty account. When you create a new account, the site will ask for a device to add to the account. It can be an existing active device, or a new inactive device (which will be activated). At least that's how it worked the last time I created a new account in 2021.
    Those shots look like from the old website.

If you have an existing active device in an acccount, and you do that, will it remove it and create a new account?

Or does it need to be removed from an account first.

Can you always then join the TF rewards program with the line on the new account?

I was going to try this but now with the merge line function gone, I don't want to mess around.

Also, the new site just shows activate a line.

Feedback Score
    Yes done this. Remove the device/line from your existing account. Log in on the website using the phone number. It will ask you to create a new account with an email. Funny thing is that I was able to add a referral too. Maybe a glitch but the points are still pending. This line had received add a line points on the old account but the email used for the new account is new.

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    If you have an existing active device in an acccount, and you do that, will it remove it and create a new account?

Or does it need to be removed from an account first.
    I don't know. I always used a newly activated, free-floating device to create a new account.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UltGladiator View Post
    Yes done this. Remove the device/line from your existing account. Log in on the website using the phone number. It will ask you to create a new account with an email. Funny thing is that I was able to add a referral too. Maybe a glitch but the points are still pending. This line had received add a line points on the old account but the email used for the new account is new.
    Wow this totally works. Yeah same here. 5K.

Who knows if it will vest.

I wish we still had the merge function.

They get rid of the merge and then almost force you to do this if you get stuck in limbo removing the line unless you chat it back to the account.
    Last edited by tomseys; 12-04-2022 at 02:27 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UltGladiator View Post
    Are you doing AALs with the account?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast