Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Faster 5G on Tracfone?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    According to the Verizon map, the area where I live does not have anything but Nationwide 5G yet. If that is DSS with LTE, the speed will be slow. My LTE is dismal during peak hours, usually under 1 Mbps download. For that reason, I did not splurge on replacing with a 5G phone.
    Same here and my area likely won't have anything other then the Nationwide DSS 5G/LTE in my area unless they do tower infill since even midband/c-band 5G doesn't have the range for more rural areas.
    I think the highest LTE frequency band 2 is about 1.9GHz where as c-band n77 is 3.7GHz. The higher the frequency the less distance and penetration. That's why band 13 at .7GHz does so well in rural areas. Nationwide (DSS) 5G is band n5 at .85GHz and band n2 at 1.9Ghz on par with LTE. But other more technical things involving power, wave bending and flux capacitors play into it all too which is above my pay grade.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, Samsung A53 5G, Pixel 6a, iPhone 11, Samsung A51
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    But other more technical things involving power, wave bending and flux capacitors play into it all too which is above my pay grade.
    Maybe getting (back) to the future, the 5G situation will improve for all of us.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    But its NW apparently also includes mid C- band (n77). I'm getting it and I imagine anyone with decent speeds is.

I guess technically part of the "low band spectrum" depending on how you define it but really low band + mid band I think.
    Based on c-band n77 at 3.7GHz and NW n2 and n5 being at best 1.9GHz I'd define low band spectrum as sub 3GHz instead of sub 6.
    Either way, when there's other then NW/DSS (n2 and n5) in my area I'll think more about getting a 5G phone.

Feedback Score
    Maybe getting (back) to the future, the 5G situation will improve for all of us.
    Yeah, to that point if you follow the Verizon forum there's all kinds of other technical stuff in the works that is suppose to address the range issues. It's all over my head.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, Samsung A53 5G, Pixel 6a, iPhone 11, Samsung A51
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Yeah, to that point if you follow the Verizon forum there's all kinds of other technical stuff in the works that is suppose to address the range issues. It's all over my head.
    True.. I was just really just trying to incorporate a Back to the Future flux capacitor movie connection/reference...

Feedback Score
    True.. I was just really just trying to incorporate a Back to the Future flux capacitor movie connection/reference...
    LOL, yeah I got it and chuckled

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2