Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Problems sending MMS using Samsung phones on TF/Verizon 1/4/23

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score

Problems sending MMS using Samsung phones on TF/Verizon 1/4/23

Tried sending an MMS from my S22 with a BYOP TF/Verizon SIM to my wife's TF-branded A50 with its original SIM at noon 1/4/23 CST. Kept getting "Message not sent. Invalid destination address". This happened whether or not Data was turned on. Thinking it was a problem with my phone, got home and tried sending MMS from my wife's phone to my phone and my other phone (A51 with T-mo Freedompop SIM) but got same error message.

I searched the Internet and there are posts from last year saying:
    * Check APN: our phones still show VZWINTERNET.
    * Use a different texting app: Same problems with Google Messages or Samsung Messages app.
    * Check Data Balance: still have lots of Data.
    * Bad SIM: the SIMs in two different phones can't fail at the same time.

I sent an MMS from the A51 with T-mo Freedompop SIM to my daughter's phone on Assurance Wireless/T-mo and it went through. Sent an MMS from the A51 to my phone and wife's phone, none received.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, Samsung A53 5G, Pixel 6a, iPhone 11, Samsung A51
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Tried sending an MMS from my S22 with a BYOP TF/Verizon SIM to my wife's TF-branded A50 with its original SIM at noon 1/4/23 CST. Kept getting "Message not sent. Invalid destination address". This happened whether or not Data was turned on. Thinking it was a problem with my phone, got home and tried sending MMS from my wife's phone to my phone and my other phone (A51 with T-mo Freedompop SIM) but got same error message.

I searched the Internet and there are posts from last year saying:
    * Check APN: our phones still show VZWINTERNET.
    * Use a different texting app: Same problems with Google Messages or Samsung Messages app.
    * Check Data Balance: still have lots of Data.
    * Bad SIM: the SIMs in two different phones can't fail at the same time.

I sent an MMS from the A51 with T-mo Freedompop SIM to my daughter's phone on Assurance Wireless/T-mo and it went through. Sent an MMS from the A51 to my phone and wife's phone, none received.

Anyone else having the same problem?

I just tried this right now with my unlocked TF branded Samsung A51 using TF/Verizon sim.

With data set to off I was able to send an MMS from the A51 to a BYOP iPhone SE 2022 (TF/Verizon) with no problem. A51 has the usual VZWINTERNET apn. Could also send an MMS from the iPhone back to the A51. Data off on both phones.
    Last edited by tomseys; 01-04-2023 at 02:45 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Tried it again this time from a TF branded Samsung A53 5G with TF/Verizon sim with data set to off.
    Sent MMS from the A53 to a pixel 6a (w/data off) with TF/Verizon sim and it was sent and received no problem.

All my phones have the VZWINTERNET apn.

On the Samsungs, I use the latest version of the Messages app.

Added: can send and receive MMS both ways on all phones. Data set to off on all.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the data points, Tom. It's a puzzling problems.

* Phones are not deactivated: calls and SMS still work.
    * Can get online with Data ON and Wifi OFF: so APN is not the problem.
    * Restarted the phones several times already.
    * Other phones: Pixel 6a on Qlink (T-mo), Unlocked TF A51 on Walmart Freedompop (T-mo), Unlocked S10+ on Assurance Wireless (T-mo) have no problems sending/receiving MMS.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I know lots of people over at reddit is running into firmware issues with Samsung phones.

So I am not sure if this could be one of those issues.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    I know lots of people over at reddit is running into firmware issues with Samsung phones.

So I am not sure if this could be one of those issues.
    That MIGHT be true with my unlocked S22 because it's new and I update it frequently, but my wife's TF-branded A50 is old and she never updates her phone.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Now everything works like usual, without any changes to the phone settings, updates, etc. Sure was a weird problem.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Maybe there is something wrong with the S22 and A50 for whatever reason. Seems no matter what they don't work.

The A51 (T-mo) at least works with the other T-mo related phone.

Could a network reset be worth trying at least on one at first? Maybe it might fix data or MMS behavior. I don't know.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy A51, Google Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    I just sent an MMS from my TF/VZ Samsung Galaxy A51 to my Red Pocket AT&T line. It worked fine.

However, I did encounter an issue with my TF Samsung Galaxy A51 on New Year's eve. I sent out 5 MMS as New Year's greetings. Four of the MMS messages went out smoothly, but the 5th one kept sending and sending and sending and sending. The MMS was supposed to go from PA to an iPhone on the T-Mobile network in Florida. I tried a variety of quick "fixes" such as turning on data. Nothing worked. So, as a last resort, I deleted the MMS, turned off my A51, restarted it, composed the MMS again, and then the MMS immediately went out with no issues. ...No idea what the problem was.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I just tested it with my S20 FE 5G, and it looks like it is working.

Could this be linked to something with RCS?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    See my post #7 above.

Feedback Score
    I think it's a Verizon deprioritization situation.

I tried a TF/Verizon/BYOD sim once, and it was nothing but trouble.

Switching back to TF/AT&T was the cure.

I live in an urban area with good coverage for the major carriers.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I am wondering if Verizon is working on turning off more CDMA towers via software.

Feedback Score
    I am having a really wierd issue with a Samsung S10e. As many here know I have been trying to get WiFi-Calling working on it with the TF/Verizon sim. As of yesterday everything (talk, text, data, mms and VoLTE) was working. This morning I decided to give CS one more chance to fix WiFi-Calling before I port out of TF. Big mistake. Now not only doesn't WiFi-Calling work but I can't make/receive phone calls. I can text and data/mms works. It looks like somehow they turned off VoLTE. I have been on the phone for almost 3hrs and they finally said I needed to do a factory reset. Already did a network reset. Oh, also in the process somewhere, my balance buckets got zeroed. I thought that might be the problem and had one CSR refill the buckets. That didn't solve the problem. Also the balances weren't right. Lost 1gb of data and 5000 texts but picked up 4000 minutes. The CSR ignored the values I gave him and just added 10,000/10,000 and 2.9gb. Have no idea where the 2.9gb came from.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    I am having a really wierd issue with a Samsung S10e. As many here know I have been trying to get WiFi-Calling working on it with the TF/Verizon sim. As of yesterday everything (talk, text, data, mms and VoLTE) was working. This morning I decided to give CS one more chance to fix WiFi-Calling before I port out of TF. Big mistake. Now not only doesn't WiFi-Calling work but I can't make/receive phone calls. I can text and data/mms works. It looks like somehow they turned off VoLTE. I have been on the phone for almost 3hrs and they finally said I needed to do a factory reset. Already did a network reset. Oh, also in the process somewhere, my balance buckets got zeroed. I thought that might be the problem and had one CSR refill the buckets. That didn't solve the problem. Also the balances weren't right. Lost 1gb of data and 5000 texts but picked up 4000 minutes. The CSR ignored the values I gave him and just added 10,000/10,000 and 2.9gb. Have no idea where the 2.9gb came from.
    What is your S10e model and your CSC or region code do you have? Like I said, I am seeing a lot of people with this firmware issue.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast