Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gig usage

Feedback Score

Gig usage

What the most amount of gigs you used before on 4g lte or 5g in a month ?

Also what plan on you on ?

Feedback Score
    Few hundred GBs, usually avg 50-100gb. I use more than avg consumer but less than people on here/ other forums who can rack up ~1tb consistently.

You can get kicked off for abuse and while I don't know an exact number that will start to draw attention I presume it's around the 2tb mark. To keep things safe, i'd say stay below 1tb.

I'm on unlimited unlimited elite

Feedback Score
    My family has been on a TMO business reseller for "redundancy backup" for eight years now, supposed to be 120GB limit but in fact we average 600-800GB /mo without issue.

Started out then at $50 now is $60, and no I'm not disclosing the specific company, likely a grandfathered deal not available for new customers anyway.

Lately started using Visible just for torrenting via Mullvad Wireguard, probable added another 400-600GB/mo just for that, some of my kids' gaming DLs are 20-30GB per.

Swapping either SIM to 5G (a Pixel 7) gets us 80+Mbps but the Visible line drops a lot during rush hour.

Going to the $45 plan would only eliminate that deprioritizing for the first 50GB /mo anyway, so not worth it IMO.

Recently ordered a P7pro from Mint, the service bundled at $180/year gives us another 35GB/mo, basically free the overall price was so low allocated fully to the P7.

Which is fully unlocked BTW from Day1, could leave it sealed in the box activate in another device. Going to try it in my GL.iNet pocket router for mobile hotspotting and (another) all-traffic Mullvad wireguard VPN.

If not with the SIM directly then can tether / hotspot from a phone, USB, Ethernet or dual-chain WiFi

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by matt110 View Post
    Few hundred GBs, usually avg 50-100gb. I use more than avg consumer but less than people on here/ other forums who can rack up ~1tb consistently.

You can get kicked off for abuse and while I don't know an exact number that will start to draw attention I presume it's around the 2tb mark. To keep things safe, i'd say stay below 1tb.

I'm on unlimited unlimited elite

I barely make it to 50 GB lol

How do people use so much data on mobile ? Just asking.

You can't really download large files. Not really. Even so it would take forever. Compared to a PC or MAC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ng4ever View Post

How do people use so much data on mobile ?
    They don't have a life.

Feedback Score
    Family of kids gaming and streaming, maybe a dozen screen devices online, no fixed line internet.

I barely make it to 50 GB lol

How do people use so much data on mobile ?
    > You can't really download large files. Not really. Even so it would take forever.

Wut?

They pull 25+GB game files very frequently.

Just one 2-hour film can be 10+GB

With a 5G connection both TMO and VZW towers give at least 50Mbps, only goes slower during rush hour.

And no hurry anyway, we always have a queue that could take days no worries, but they're usually just a few hours.

> Compared to a PC or MAC

That's even sillier, the OS of the client doing the downloading makes ZERO difference.

In fact the fastest is direct to the phone or tablet with the SIM in it.

The key bottleneck is going through the all-traffic VPN, but even wireguarding through Sweden, a very low end device does just fine.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, it's really easy to rack up gb's esp with 5g. A single speedtest on mmwave is almost 2GB, to put things in perspective.

Feedback Score
    I average about 10GB. At home and at work I’m on WiFi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.”

Feedback Score
    I'll add to the data pile.

All my net traffic goes through my phone and I'm approaching 30GB this month. That's about tops for me. I don't stream, only frequent YT once or twice a month. No Zoom - hate that blather. Good thing I timed out of the workforce. Usage rises some when I get hooked on manga for a few days at a time. But I think this month got a boost from upgrading a couple Linux systems - probably 10-12 GB right there.

Phones seem the no-brainer for internet. More secure, less troublesome. As long as you get a signal and your provider is decent about it all. But less certain for site connections where the net has to be up regardless who's there. "Hotspot" still seems to be the word nobody says unless they want the gate keeper at the ISP to get all squinty eyed and the price to quadruple.

Feedback Score
    We averaged about 1.2 TB for a few months on wireless hotspot now about 600gb per month I'm on Unlimited Plus grandfathered plan but do notice during peak times there is throttling

Sent from my Pixel 6 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rain9613 View Post
    Unlimited Plus grandfathered plan
    Is there a "main thread" for this plan?

Are they ever for sale safely?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulCrawhorne View Post
    Is there a "main thread" for this plan?

Are they ever for sale safely?
    These plans haven’t been offered since 2017 or so. They cannot be tobr’d any longer either. The only way to get one is find someone with a spare line.

Feedback Score
    What the most amount of gigs you used before on 4g lte or 5g in a month ?

Also what plan on you on ?
    I’ve used a lot on my unlimited plans with Verizon and AT&T. I doubt the new prepaid tablet 50gb will be enough for me once the AT&T unlimited tablet plan is discontinued. I guess I’ve used maybe up to 120GB a month at the most.

Will look to see what plans are offered that are more competitive than AT&T prepaid for data. Maybe a postpaid business plan with higher QCI priority. I don’t know yet. Will be down to 50GB on the tablet plan while I find an alternative and will nave to buy extra data if needed. I will be staying on AT&T but will look for other plan options.

I am guessing the business division would be more knowledgeable and be able to provide better plans for my needs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    These plans haven’t been offered since 2017 or so. They cannot be tobr’d any longer either. The only way to get one is find someone with a spare line.
    Yes of course that last scenario is what I meant. Where would that be found, what sort of prices are asked?

Feedback Score
    Side note - not interested in "renting" such a line, just buying if possible

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast