Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Red Pocket, Verizon, Iphone 12, 5G NOT Working

Feedback Score

Red Pocket, Verizon, Iphone 12, 5G NOT Working

This is so frustrating. Just got RP on my iphone 12 and a few days ago receive a text that my account is being updated to 5G. Now I can't place a call! The message I get is: "We're sorry, the number you have dialed has calling restrictions..."

I contacted CS Thursday and still it has not been resolved. I must be on ticket number 3 with them as I keep bugging them to fix it but to no avail.

I was reading about others that fixed this on their Android phones... How would I get this resolved on the iphone?

Is there something specific I should ask CS? I've asked the Chat guy to reset my account and reprovision the number but he says that's what the ticket is for.

Please, does anyone have any insight???

Thanks!

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I think you the first user on hf to report having an issue with an iPhone on Redpocket like this. I wonder if the iPhone needs a new profile downloaded to the device. I don't know anything about iPhones so I don't know.

Android phones have more variables that could mess up but my understanding about iPhones are that they are more or less stable.

Just to be certain, Are you on Redpocket Verizon/CDMA?

As I stated in other threads, I ask the red pocket CS to

"reset the account, provisioned for CDMA-Less" and its fixed my condition on different android phones, accounts a few times over.

I think this is a redpocket Verizon specific condition

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using HoFo mobile app
    Last edited by ShredFred; 01-09-2023 at 02:24 PM.

Feedback Score
    Hi Shred;

Yes, it's a RP Verizon CDMA Sim that I just bought on Ebay. It worked fine for about a week until I recieved the text saying that they were setting me up with 5G.

I will add to the ticket to reset with the wording you used.

(it's actually my coworker's phone, fwiw). I've setup RP for several family members using Android GSM and everything works great.

Also.. I know this would take longer but could I simply request that RP send me (my coworker) an ATT Sim? She wants to retain the number that she just ported over maybe 10 days ago.

Thanks!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Redpocket usually doesn't allow changes between carriers unless there's a unfixable situation. But it's worth asking. This used to be an issue a few years ago when AT&T service was cheaper than Verizon service and iPhones had this issue with editing the profile/apn. Of course redpocket would be hesitant to address this due to the cost differences. But I thought that was all resolved by now.

Odd that more people aren't complaining since RP sells iPhones so you think they would have everything working well.

Goodluck and hope it works out. Worst case scenario is maybe cancel the service and get a refund, then buy new service on AT&T?

Device(s)
    Samsung A52 5G, Moto G Power, Moto E6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, H2o, Tracfone, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Just switched from CDMA to GSMA a few months ago (I had switched from GSMA to CDMA with the same number a few years ago) They did ask why I wanted to change & I told them Verizon was too congested. They switched over the service in under an hour with no issues. (I already had a spare sim) The only caveat is that you can only change once per annual plan. You will also lose the remainder of the current 30-day cycle.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for that info Digital Rules.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    For anyone having a similar problems, here's a list of conditions that I have observed. This seems to be specific to redpocket Verizon.

Usually mobile data and sending of sms may work

Receiving of sms does not work

Trying to place a call, you might get a fast busy and immediate hangup with service unavailable displayed on your phone screen, Verizon robo message stating "welcome to Verizon wireless".

People trying to call you may get sent directly to voice mail or endless ringing

Anyone else, feel free to add to this

Feedback Score
    I had not, until now, experienced just how bad RP CS is. This is a joke! I'm thinking of doing a charge-back and repurchasing a GSM Sim from Ebay and trying again. It's an iphone 12 and will work on any network. IDK how this would work though with keeping the same number. I've been without the ability to make calls for four days now with little help at all. They say they're looking into it but nothing gets fixed.
    Digital or Shred do you think this would work?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    If you don't have the number ported to it, you can probably just cancel the order via ebay. They are usually very good at refunding in this situation.

But sorry to hear you are having issues. I haven't had more than 30 minutes in getting this resolved. I usually use chat from the website but have called in atleast once.

If you have another phone you can put the sim in, you could try that to eliminate the phone as the issue although I doubt the iPhone would be a issue. Like I said you are the first iPhone user I've heard of having these issues. Most issues are related to AT&T whitelist which I don't think would apply here.

Feedback Score
    Shred, the number has been successfully ported to RP. I'm wondering if I get another SIM, would it port from RP to RP? In my head that question makes sense... In other words, would RP still have the abilty to port that number if I did a charge back or would the number be released (for lack of the official term) once they got word of the charge-back? I'm doing this for a friend and she needs to keep her current number that RP has. I'm assuming it's something like a domain name hosting your URL, they are the keeper of that domain just as RP is the "keeper" of this number now that it's ported. Ugggg

Feedback Score
    If you haven’t tried, erase/ reset the phone and start over.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    If it's ported already and was working, I wouldn't mess around. Go through red pocket and try to switch the service to AT&T or T-mobile if that's what you want to do.

Try the sim in another phone if possible to rule out that it's indeed the phone

Also what are the symptoms of the issue?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kaZZoo View Post
    If you haven’t tried, erase/ reset the phone and start over.
    I did a reset of all network settings. I can't reset the entire phone, it's not mine and I don't want to lose their info.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post
    If it's ported already and was working, I wouldn't mess around. Go through red pocket and try to switch the service to AT&T or T-mobile if that's what you want to do.

Try the sim in another phone if possible to rule out that it's indeed the phone

Also what are the symptoms of the issue?

This was Wednesday: received a text that my account is being updated to 5G. Ever since then I can't place a call! The message I get is: "We're sorry, the number you have dialed has calling restrictions..."
    Before the text, calls worked both ways. Now I can only receive but not place calls. I believe texts are working okay.
    RP CS has "supposedly" reset the account but to no avail. Tech Support is glaringly absent. It is now 48 hours shy of being a week.
    I have tried and tried to get resolution. I keep being told "well you have a ticket with us, just give them the 24-72 hours to work on it". Twice now with this.

Device(s)
    Xperia X, iPhone 7, iPhone SE2, Galaxy A51, LG Classic Flip
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Cricket, Tracfone (VZ), Tracfone (AT&T), FreedomPop (GSMT)
    Feedback Score
    There's a thread on reddit r/redpocket/ reporting RP Verizon 5G iPhones (12, 13, newer) lost service. Looks like older 4G LTE only iPhones are unaffected.

https://www.reddit.com/r/redpocket/c...pgraded_to_5g/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NoContract/..._major_outage/

Looks like they're looking into the issue, but no resolutions. Suggested disabling 5G in settings, but no effect. Might be some weird RP+Verizon issue. Haven't seen any reports from other Verizon MVNOs regarding 5G iPhones.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast