Thread: AT&T discontinuing the $34.99/month prepaid iPad unlimited data plan

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score

AT&T discontinuing the $34.99/month prepaid iPad unlimited data plan

(not my screenshot)

Welp, it’s the end of an era. Good thing I already migrated to the $20/month postpaid iPad unlimited data plan (“AT&T Unlimited Tablet”) but this really sucks for people who can’t or won’t do a credit check.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone SE 2016
    Carrier(s)
    Visible+, Mobi, Boom
    Feedback Score
    So cutting back on people who use this plan for their internet hotspot in violation of ToC, and the probably fairly small number of people who used the iPad primarily for streaming without fixed internet. The latter valid usage that is now severely limited since HD quality uses up data pretty fast.

Hope people don't cause ATT to revoke the standalone iPad $23.49/month plan. I just like the convenience that having the plan in my iPad provides. Hotspot drains phone battery fast, and there is that extra delay to get internet started.
    iPhone 12 Pro is my current phone I carry.

Feedback Score
    Is this true or because of a violation

Sent from my LM-G710VM using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post

(not my screenshot)

Welp, it’s the end of an era. Good thing I already migrated to the $20/month postpaid iPad unlimited data plan (“AT&T Unlimited Tablet”) but this really sucks for people who can’t or won’t do a credit check.
    I figured this would happen. I don’t want another inquiry on my credit right now and I am still waiting to get a new ipad which I decided to wait for the next pro models. I am assuming postpaid unlimited tablet is QCI 9 while prepaid is QCI 8. Prepaid allows you to buy more data. Hopefully this frees up more bandwidth for faster speeds for the QCI 8 customers. So there is a good side to this. Plus I get a brand new sim card and provisioned with the Prepaid system which is more modern and has more functionality. Will stay on Dataconnect as long as it lets me. My device doesn’t work with 5G so I don’t know if anything on the sim provisioning is different with the new sim card.

I wonder if there is any noticeable speed changes or latency improvements on the prepaid systems. I haven’t seen the backend infrastructure at AT&T of Dataconnect vs Prepaid and only have seen the online web systems. The dataconnect system definitely is dated.

I doubt the 20 plan gets revoked because it appears to be a low data priority plan and has streaming restrictions. The prepaid has no restrictions except for charging extra if you need more data. People who had the previous 35 dataconnect plan are getting a 20 a month discount compared to new subscribers who pay 55 for the same plan. If one is a high data user they can pay more and get the 90 a month 100GB plan and also pay extra for even more data which is a better deal than keeping the 20 a month discount and paying extra for data if yiu need a lot more.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 0Mackman View Post
    Is this true or because of a violation

Sent from my LM-G710VM using HoFo mobile app
    I believe every single line is being shut down. Regardless if has been used outside of an iPad or not. Companies like NetBuddy, OTR, and Nomad ruined it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    I believe every single line is being shut down. Regardless if has been used outside of an iPad or not. Companies like NetBuddy, OTR, and Nomad ruined it.
    I have used this plan on an Ipad and have not abused it. Everyone with Dataconnect pass plans will not have working services once the plans expire.