Thread: Red Pocket 100GB plan discontinued, max is 50GB again

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Mint, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score

Red Pocket 100GB plan discontinued, max is 50GB again

What happened to the 100GB plan?

Our 100GB calling plan has been discontinued. 100GBs is no longer available on the GSMA network.

Existing customers will remain on the 100GB plan unless the plan is changed or the line is disconnected. The plan cannot be reinstated if the plan is changed or line disconnected.

What about eBay Annual plans?

eBay plans are changing as well. Click here to review the full list of available plans. Renew your eBay plan by purchasing another SIM card from eBay and entering the PIN number when you log in to your account or visit redpocket.com/refill.

https://help.redpocket.com/our-plans-have-changed Other changes

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    Wow! That's a lot of changes. At first glance, it seems like RP did a pretty good job summarizing the changes, and for the most part, is trying to minimize the impact to existing users on the affected plans. Thanks for posting the info!

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I saw it said that the $60 plan is discontinued but I still saw it on eBay this morning.

Feedback Score
    I recently renewed a line that had been on the eBay 20gb/month annual.plan. I renewed it directly in the account versus buying an eBay pin. They gave a small discount and no sales tax but had some other minor taxes. A couple days later I checked the account and it had changed the plan to 100gb!!!
    If they were going to change I might have expected it to change to the 25gb plan currently offered on the website. So, I have no idea why that occurred and there's no way I'll pay $450 next year. The person using this line just doesn't use that much data.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G (2022) using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cnypackerfan View Post
    I recently renewed a line that had been on the eBay 20gb/month annual.plan. I renewed it directly in the account versus buying an eBay pin. They gave a small discount and no sales tax but had some other minor taxes. A couple days later I checked the account and it had changed the plan to 100gb!!!
    If they were going to change I might have expected it to change to the 25gb plan currently offered on the website. So, I have no idea why that occurred and there's no way I'll pay $450 next year. The person using this line just doesn't use that much data.

Nice! I bought a new 25GB sim kit instead of getting a 20GB renewal pin from eBay but I haven't activated it yet.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for posting this, I have the 100GB plan.
    I wonder why Red Pocket didn't send out an email about this to their customers. I for one would have felt happy to know that 100GB was grandfathered-in for my account.

Feedback Score

So, despite them saying the plan is 100GB, it renews for the 20GB I paid for. I wonder what I would get if I actually paid the $450 next year, as that plan is listed as 50GB now.
    But that would be a waste as this line usually has usage of 4-10GB. 20GB is overkill most months.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    So, despite them saying the plan is 100GB, it renews for the 20GB I paid for. I wonder what I would get if I actually paid the $450 next year, as that plan is listed as 50GB now.
    But that would be a waste as this line usually has usage of 4-10GB. 20GB is overkill most months.

Thanks for the update. I just activated the 25GB sim last week. I made sure to disable auto renewal and removed the stored payment. However, I think I recall reading that it's not completely removed and it's still stored somewhere within RP. Anyone know more about this? I definitely don't want to renew at regular pricing.