Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Using Rewards Points

Feedback Score

Using Rewards Points

I have a tracfone flip phone from a relative who no longer needs it. He has about 500 unused reward points. Tracfone isn't letting me use his 500 points to get the 1000 texts add on, it says it's not eligible for some reason (maybe because it's an old flip phone, but am not sure - it doesn't tell me why).

I have read we can't transfer rewards points. Is it possible to transfer my phone to his account, so I can claim the 1000 texts/500 points to my line, then transfer my # back to our regular account? (it's only $5 value, but would like to use the points if possible).

If I could claim it for his phone I would do that because we'll also be transfering the unused time/txt/data to another line. But I wanted to get the rewards figured out first.

Feedback Score
    Use the iOS App to 'Add Airtime for a Friend'. that should allow you to redeem from his account to your line.

Unfortunately only works in IOS app

Feedback Score
    Thank you but his phone is a flip, not smart phone. And the rest of us use Android phone/tablets, or Windows PC. Zero Apples Here!

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, Samsung A53 5G, Pixel 6a, iPhone 11, Samsung A51
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Maybe you could try logging in to the flip account on the website and from there send the $5 1000 text add-on to a line in another account (like your phone).

I'm able to do it from my account.

I login to account with the Chrome browser (not FF).

Then, click Reflill, Refill your plan and put the external line phone number in under I want to buy a plan.

Click continue, then, Click Shop, and then Plans add ons.

Choose $5 1000 text option. You should get a popup that asks if you want to use points or credit card. Choose points.

It should take you to a final confirm purchase screen. The external line is not listed.

This doesn't work for everyone I don't know why but I'm able to purchase addons and plans like this for lines in other accounts.

Or I could just use the working add airtime for a friend feature on the iOS my account app.

Anyway, YMMV.

Added: in the past you could relatively easily add and remove lines from accounts but the option was removed from accounts recently. Now you would need to use the chat and have a rep do it and it is a lot more trouble than it was.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitflyer View Post
    Use the iOS App to 'Add Airtime for a Friend'. that should allow you to redeem from his account to your line.

Unfortunately only works in IOS app
    When I try to add for a friend on iOS app, I do not get options for the add ons. The basic plans show up sporadically, but I can't get the add ons. And I also tried online as tomseye outlines, but get an error message after adding to the cart when I try to complete the transaction.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    For some reason when i try add airtime for a friend with iOS app I'm getting a validation error. It's not working for me now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    For some reason when i try add airtime for a friend with iOS app I'm getting a validation error. It's not working for me now.
    I am getting the same error today. Yesterday, I was able to put in the phone number and get to the plans (just not the add ons).

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    There is a reason TF made switching accounts very difficult.
    Do not move your phone over and back, this could get your phone flagged for suspicious activity.
    You could then lose much more airtime than the 500 texts you are trying to gain.

Feedback Score
    Same validation error as reported on iOS Add Airtime for a Friend. Hopefully just broken temporarily rather than broken for good like Add line, then delete line was slowly taken away from us over time.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It's back to working again for me. Well, it worked one time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    There is a reason TF made switching accounts very difficult.
    Do not move your phone over and back, this could get your phone flagged for suspicious activity.
    You could then lose much more airtime than the 500 texts you are trying to gain.
    Thanks, i'll avoid doing that then. None of the options work so far for me, but I'll keep poking around. Maybe they can help me in chat.. It's not the end of the world if I just forfeit this $5 bonus.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    It's back to working again for me. Well, it worked one time.
    Still validation error for me. Tried a couple different TracFone numbers as the 'friend'.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitflyer View Post
    Still validation error for me. Tried a couple different TracFone numbers as the 'friend'.
    Im also getting a validaion error...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by famzit123 View Post
    Im also getting a validaion error...
    same here still not working today, may have to buy a card off of ebay if they don't fix,

however Mobile1212 said it Worked for me yesterday in another chat so grr hit and miss.

This kinda of a big thing if cant use it in future, hoping it gets fixed...

Feedback Score
    Today I was able to both add airtime for a friend AND see the paygo plans despite the friend being a smartphone.

I did not redeem but it shows ymmv as this has worked on and off between validation error and paygo plans showing up...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast