Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tracfone/VZW "Cellular network not available for voice calls"

Device(s)
    moto g6
    Feedback Score

Tracfone/VZW "Cellular network not available for voice calls"

All of a sudden this morning I'm unable to make any calls on the network. I keep getting the "Cellular network not available for voice calls" message.

Signal strength is excellent, I went through all the normal troubleshooting of rebooting, booting to safe mode, toggling airplane mode on/off, removing/re-seating SIM, etc. I live a few blocks from the nearest VZW site, and I can make phone calls with another TF/VZW phone, so it's not a local issue.

The weird thing is that LTE service is working fine. SIM Status shows Voice: Out of Service / Data: In Service

I've got plenty of minutes in my account, which has service until 2024, so that's not an issue either.

I have not done any SIM swapping with this phone, so there's no valid reason for my SIM to get blacklisted on the VZW network, and yet that seems to be what has happened. And yet I still have data service, just no voice???

Doesn't make sense, and as per usual TF chat was useless. Anyone else experience this issue?

Feedback Score
    What is the phone type? That seems like a problem that the phone doesn't have volte which is now required for talk service.

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    What's the make/model of your phone? What's the Preferred Network set to? What't the APN? Any software update recently?

Device(s)
    moto g6
    Feedback Score
    Moto G6, VoLTE has been working fine for ages. No changes have been made to anything. LTE service is working just fine, so it's not an APN issue. No Android or major software updates recently, no...not even security updates. I even tried removing the latest version of Carrier Services and let it default to the original, still no voice. Re-updated Carrier Services, same thing.

Believe me when I say that I have tried EVERYTHING I could as far as troubleshooting. The SIM Status shows the correct phone # and, again, LTE service is working. A Moto G Pure I have is working fine two feet away from the G6, so again not a local VZW cell site issue either.

Seems to me that my SIM was maybe blacklisted for voice. WTF?

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, Samsung A53 5G, Pixel 6a, iPhone 11, Samsung A51
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Assuming APN is VZWINTERNET, and assuming you have done a network reset, I would turn off and take sim out for 5 minutes or so and then put back and turn on.

You can also call the TF corp office and maybe they can troubleshoot/fix it.

305 640-2000 x1029

They should be open now just ignore message and enter extension.

Device(s)
    moto g6
    Feedback Score
    Just got off the phone with another rep, and I asked point blank if this was a recent known issue. As best I could translate what he was saying, apparently there was a network update last week and some phones were affected, possibly a VoLTE issue. He's "checking some thing on my end" and will call back in 30 minutes.

What a **** show these guys are.

Device(s)
    moto g6
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    Assuming APN is VZWINTERNET, and assuming you have done a network reset, I would turn off and take sim out for 5 minutes or so and then put back and turn on.

You can also call the TF corp office and maybe they can troubleshoot/fix it.

305 640-2000 x1029

They should be open now just ignore message and enter extension.
    Thanks for that, I'll give them a chance to fix it (call back in 30 minutes), otherwise I'll escalate it to Corporate.

Device(s)
    moto g6
    Feedback Score
    So of course there is no way to toggle VoLTE on/off on the G6. It's permanently enabled, which is fine except for when the TF rep wants you to "reset it". Anyway, none of this makes sense. Why do I have a good LTE connection (speed test and browsing works fine), but no voice? Someone screwed something up on the network to cause this issue, I've made no changes to my phone and no software updates since regular network calling crapped out within the past day. Ugh, it's always something with these guys.

Name:  Screenshot_20230115-175614.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  29.4 KB

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    moto g6
    Feedback Score
    Indeed. Funny enough, last month when I bought a new G Pure from Target, I picked up a new SIM to get the total over $35 for free shipping. My phone is unlocked, but since it's a TF branded phone, I'm not sure if that SIM would work in it. I suppose the nuclear option would be to try to transfer my # to that new SIM and hope all my minutes and service days transfer with it, and that the SIM actually works in the phone.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Maybe TF corp office can do something. They have the administrative account tools. Very fast to reach. Good for HUCA.
    Not all reps are great though. You have to enter extension when prompted.

Another number is 800 626-4883 x3324

Device(s)
    moto g6
    Feedback Score
    Thanks again, I'll give that number a try.

Anyone have any idea if the Keep Your Own Smartphone SIMs will work in an unlocked TF branded phone like the g6 XT1925DL?

https://www.target.com/p/tracfone-sim-kit/-/A-86100147

Device(s)
    LG Aristo 2 Plus (T-Mo); Moto G Power 2020 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Try asking support (probably corporate at this point) to refresh the settings for your line (same as re-provisioning). This has worked for at least one user I've heard from on a different forum. Certain people's lines (on various MVNOs) got goofed up as a result of VZW's efforts in shutting down their 3G/1x networks over the change in year.

Device(s)
    moto g6
    Feedback Score
    Well I'll be a sonofa*****...the post on Reddit fixed it. Turns out VoLTE somehow got turned off.

Would've been nice if the g6 had a setting out in the open to toggle VoLTE on/off, but I'm all set now, back in business. THANKS!

To anyone else who has this issue and comes across this thread, please try the method mentioned on Reddit.

Dial *#*#4636#*#*, go into Phone Information, scroll down until you see VoLTE Provisioned, and toggle that ON if it's off.

Device(s)
    LG Aristo 2 Plus (T-Mo); Moto G Power 2020 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    For someone troubleshooting a similar issue on a Samsung phone, does this maintenance menu character string work with the Samsung dialer or is it a given that Google Phone should be installed for this purpose?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast