Thread: Trade In Rewards Phone to Google Fi?

Device(s)
    ZTE Axon 10 pro
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Truphone, Three, FreeUp
    Feedback Score

Trade In Rewards Phone to Google Fi?

It looks like you have to keep Fi service 6 months, can you switch from the $50 unlimited plan to cheaper $20Flexible plan after the first month? Any other "how to" or tips for doing a Fi trade in appreciated.

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Which Fi deal requires 6 months of service? I've done five Fi deals and the requirements ranged from 30 days to 60 days to 120 days.

Device(s)
    ZTE Axon 10 pro
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Which Fi deal requires 6 months of service? I've done five Fi deals and the requirements ranged from 30 days to 60 days to 120 days.
    https://slickdeals.net/f/16215670-sa...eSearchV2Algo1

"You must activate your phone on a new full service plan within 30 days of shipment and keep your service for 120 consecutive days"

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by naranja View Post
    "You must activate your phone on a new full service plan within 30 days of shipment and keep your service for 120 consecutive days"
    120 days of service = 6 months ?

Device(s)
    ZTE Axon 10 pro
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    120 days of service = 6 months ?
    Yikes! Thanks. Still wonder if can switch to cheaper plan if you know. Cheers

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by naranja View Post
    Still wonder if can switch to cheaper plan if you know.
    You can start out with the Flexible $20 plan. It meets the requirement. I've always used it for my Fi deals.

If you don't have a Fi account yet, send me a Private Message for a referral code that will get you $20 Fi credit after 30 days of service.

Device(s)
    ZTE Axon 10 pro
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    You can start out with the Flexible $20 plan. It meets the requirement. I've always used it for my Fi deals.

If you don't have a Fi account yet, send me a Private Message for a referral code that will get you $20 Fi credit after 30 days of service.
    Thank you sending pm

Feedback Score
    Would never of thought the iPhone 11 has more trade in value then the 12 mini.

Feedback Score
    For the S22 deal its better to sign up using a SIM from Amazon or BestBuy for $10 -- then you only have to keep it for 30 days of service vs 120 days of service. like $25x4-20 = $80 vs $25x1+$10-20 = $15. There is a little bit extra time on the second option too because they don't have S22s in stock -- I ordered one on an existing account and after a week, nothing, so I just cancelled it. That week was basically costing me $2 per day to keep my account active, while a brand new order doesn't cost anything till you activate.

NOTE per response below that new SIMs from BestBuy/Amazon CAN stack with referral so signing up that way is recommended other than the 'wait' with active service for Google to fulfill an S22
    Last edited by pitflyer; 01-17-2023 at 01:19 PM.

Feedback Score
    I think TF forum is driving up the demand for ip11 so their value is at an absurd level. Its TIV also has more value then ip12 and even the s21. Luckily I had some waiting for future tmobile trade in deals to use as Fi gave many hard to pass up offers.

I think they're really trying to push their service as it seems great for people who travel a lot, domestic and international, and whose use may vary monthly as you can switch plans as needed. Or even for those going between rural and urban regularly with varying service quality, because it switches seemlessly with any of the 3 carriers. And data is not deprioritized under your monthly limit, which is unusual. The sweet spot seems to be with at least 3 lines, ie 25 simply unlimited. I would seriously consider switching if we didn't already have a really cheap tmobile plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitflyer View Post
    For the S22 deal its better to sign up using a SIM from Amazon or BestBuy for $10 -- then you only have to keep it for 30 days of service vs 120 days of service. But you can't stack referral with that SIM, so it's more like $25x4-20 = $80 vs $25x1+$10 = $35. There is a little bit extra time on the second option too because they don't have S22s in stock -- I ordered one on an existing account and after a week, nothing, so I just cancelled it. That week was basically costing me $2 per day to keep my account active, while a brand new order doesn't cost anything till you activate.
    You can stack a referral with the bb sim. I used an email referral and it just posted into my account.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, Samsung A53 5G, Pixel 6a, iPhone 11, Samsung A51
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kaZZoo View Post
    Would never of thought the iPhone 11 has more trade in value then the 12 mini.
    It depends on where you are looking. On Apple, the iPhone 11 TIV lags well behind both the 12 and 12 mini.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 72
Size:  29.7 KB

Same on Best Buy.

On WCT the 11 gets $248. The 12 mini gets $263. The 12 gets $322. (unlocked).

The 12 gets more on the regular Google Store site.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    It depends on where you are looking. On Apple, the iPhone 11 TIV lags behind both the 12 and 12 mini.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 72
Size:  29.7 KB

Same on Best Buy.

On WCT the 11 gets $248. The 12 mini gets $263. The 12 gets $322.
    Was looking at that google fi,

I always buy unlocked thru Apple, with the Apple card, 0 finance over 2 yrs. This way i can keep my cheap plan,

The only beef i have with Apple, to use the Veterans 10% discount, you have to pay full amount, cant do the 0 finance.

Feedback Score
    Google Fi used to be similarly tiered, like back in summer and even late fall. But Fi seems to use the same refurbisher provider as TF (out of la vergne TN) and their recent adjustments maintain the high value for the 11 while others dropped significantly. And the ip11 refurbished phones have yet to make it back online.

I had an ip12 and was able to get 600 value at bb towards an S22U but only ~350 at FI while the ip11 gave 330. The ip13 wasnt much more than the ip12. So the 11 is definitely overvalued as the TIV basically drops to half for XR.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, Samsung A53 5G, Pixel 6a, iPhone 11, Samsung A51
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kaZZoo View Post
    Was looking at that google fi,

I always buy unlocked thru Apple, with the Apple card, 0 finance over 2 yrs. This way i can keep my cheap plan,

The only beef i have with Apple, to use the Veterans 10% discount, you have to pay full amount, cant do the 0 finance.
    I have the card but I don't use it. I bring in phones for gift card trade in and just accumulate money in the Apple account to use for some future purchase. They never have phones I like though other than the SE3 which I got already (2).