Thread: Verizon line prompted to get a new SIM

Feedback Score

Verizon line prompted to get a new SIM

I was trying to replicate the discount on the refurb iPhone 11 if purchasing as an upgrade and got this pop up:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 3.42.20 PM.png
Views: 89
Size:  31.0 KB

This line was recently switched from AT&T to Verizon. It's currently on an unlocked Tracfone iPhone 11 using the SIM that originally came with the phone. Has anyone else received the pop up? I'm reluctant to try it, but I have noticed a weak signal at my home lately.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Eventually, you will need to replace the current SIM to prevent the phone from stop working. We don't know when the "drop-dead" date will be necessary. There is no special commitment to take advantage of the offer which is currently free. The old SIM may suddenly stop working if not changed. You should be able to keep the same phone # and plan.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    Eventually, you will need to replace the current SIM to prevent the phone from stop working. We don't know when the "drop-dead" date will be necessary. There is no special commitment to take advantage of the offer which is currently free. The old SIM may suddenly stop working if not changed. You should be able to keep the same phone # and plan.
    I already switched to a Verizon SIM and received the promised free month of service. That's why this offer is so confusing.

Device(s)
    LG Aristo 2 Plus (T-Mo); Moto G Power 2020 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Knowing what you've posted then, it's likely delayed, ragged, or leftover programming from good ol' TracFone, perhaps either not having been updated that you've already made the switch, or simply slipshod.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Just what no one needs more of, another worrisome message of incompetence from Tracfone.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Clearly, they are proactively reaching out to all customers to catch the ones who haven't converted their SIM cards. It is far easier to send notices to all customers rather than have to figure out which still need to. I refer to this as the "shotgun approach". Much cheaper in the long run.