Thread: Received new AT&T sim for dataconnect pass replacememt plan

Feedback Score

Received new AT&T sim for dataconnect pass replacememt plan

Received new sim for the AT&T Prepaid plan with the discount to replace Dataconnect pass. They essentially mailed out the AT&T Prepaid Sim Kit with a notice on how to activate to get the discount.

My concern is that my device is not 5G yet and if I activate the sim without 5G I could be provisioned without 5G when I get a new device. Would activating the sim on this device allow me to put it in a new 5G tablet where 5G would work?

Also if I swap to esim in a new tablet, would the 20 a month discount still apply? It seems to indicate you meed to activate the plan on the existing device you had with data connect pass but doesn’t say if you can swap the device and keep the discount still.

Device(s)
    Goolge Pixel 7, iPhone 14 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid, Visible+
    Feedback Score
    If it's the new AT&T prepaid sim that has the 5G branding on it then there is no issue when switching devices. With 3G/4G non LTE gone, AT&T and Verizon are now by default handing out new 5G enabled sims either by shipment or if you visit a local store and request a new Sim card.

When it comes time to switch to a 5G device just insert the Sim card and it will download provisioning, then once done make sure to call customer service and tell them to update the imei of the new tablet so the system knows exactly which Tablet your using.
    Home Entertainment: Xfinity 800 meg per second plan, Roku Ultra for Streaming.

Landline: N/A

Mobile Entertainment: Verizon Unlimited Plus Prepaid for main, Visible+ as my secondary plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicpdx17 View Post
    If it's the new AT&T prepaid sim that has the 5G branding on it then there is no issue when switching devices. With 3G/4G non LTE gone, AT&T and Verizon are now by default handing out new 5G enabled sims either by shipment or if you visit a local store and request a new Sim card.

When it comes time to switch to a 5G device just insert the Sim card and it will download provisioning, then once done make sure to call customer service and tell them to update the imei of the new tablet so the system knows exactly which Tablet your using.
    Yes it is the latest 5G sim kit. Same one retailers are selling for around $10 that I see online though AT&T gives out free prepaid sims if you sign up online, so it makes no sense to buy one in store. AT&T sent it for free and it arrived pretty quickly once it was shipped. The fees on the plan go up and the discounted rate seem temporary as AT&T can eliminate it when they want. No need to call customer service as IMEI changes can be done online. Data connect pass had IMEI changes online as well.

I used two different AT&T sims on this device so far. This will be the third sim used.