Thread: Service Plan Recommendations

Feedback Score

Service Plan Recommendations

I got the Samsung Galaxy A13 dual sim phone Saturday. I already have a Verizon sim that has not been activated. I plan on activating this new phone on Tracfone but I'm wondering what is the best plan that Tracfone offers? This Verizon sim will be used very little. I currently have an active ATT sim on Tracfone that I plan on using after I get this Verizon sim activated on this phone. If you purchase a 30 day or 60 day plan, do the minutes, texts and data carry over if not used? I usually get a 365 card with TTD each year when a good deal shows up. TIA
    Last edited by Serial Port; 03-02-2023 at 09:20 AM.

Feedback Score
    Yes the annual PAYGO plans are the way to go.

No way pay more than $50

Then $10/GB as needed, rolls over forever.

Or, if you anticipate a heavy month, then the monthly plans can get temporarily "overlaid" say 3GB for $25, pushes your Service End date out another 30 days too.

I believe now that "extra" data bump rolls over, but only one extra month.

Note if you shop the HSN/QVC/eBay official store bundles, you can get your Annual Plan cheap aling with "free" hardware unlocked after 60 days.

The TCL Flip2 can be useful avoid Orbic.

https://www.hsn.com/products/tcl-alc...ntext/20492423

And the Moto Pure can be decent value

https://www.hsn.com/products/motorol...00-mi/20583486

I got dozens of these back when AAL points were 10000

Feedback Score
    All of the paygo plans roll over as we are used to, I believe.

It's the monthly "smartphone" plans that are limited, I believe.

I have some tips about dual sim.

There is a sim1 and a sim2. The sim tray is labeled, but on the A13 I recollect that sim1 is next to the microsd slot.

This is important because sim1 is typically the one tapped for talk/text and sim2 is typically tapped for data.

This is because the usual popularity for dual sim is international, where talk/text may roam but data may not.

So the data sim is separate and purchased to correspond to the current country.

You should put your main Tracfone sim as sim1. Put the Verizon sim as sim2.

Then disable sim2 via the sim management settings. Then you don't have to worry about sim2 data leakage.

There are settings to specify which sim is used for what, but don't count on it. It gets to be like herding cats. They do whatever they want.

Also, if you disable sim2, you don't have to constantly doublecheck which sim the phone is using.

If you need sim2, it is easy enough to adjust the settings later.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by haymeadowfield View Post
    I got the Samsung Galaxy A13 dual sim phone Saturday. I already have a Verizon sim that has not been activated. I plan on activating this new phone on Tracfone but I'm wondering what is the best plan that Tracfone offers? This Verizon sim will be used very little. I currently have an active ATT sim on Tracfone that I plan on using after I get this Verizon sim activated on this phone. If you purchase a 30 day or 60 day plan, do the minutes, texts and data carry over if not used? I usually get a 365 card with TTD each year when a good deal shows up. TIA
    Unused minutes, texts, and data MB carry over as long as you have service time.

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work phone / T-Mobile (Personal Phone / iPad) / Tracfone VZW MVNO (for fun)!
    Feedback Score
    Be careful if you’re mixing limited and unlimited on the same line. For example, if you have pay as you go balances that will always rollover with continued service and you layer-on an unlimited T&T + data allotment of __GB, the system doesn’t often handle it well. There have been reports of the old balances disappearing or the old balances not reverting to use when the unlimited plan expires.

My advice would be stick to pay go bucket plans if you balances you want to protect. As noted above, the eBay 365 day plans are a bargain especially when $50 (and occasionally $40). These are pay as you go and can be topped up with other pay as you go plans as needed without running into the unlimited mixing issue noted above.

If you buy a new TF device with service to harvest the balances, you should also buy a $1 BYOP SIM for the new device somewhere as they don’t like SIM swaps from a TF branded device to another device.

Feedback Score
    I've layered PAYGO add-ons and combines on too of initial UNL no-data plans just fine

Stick to PAYGO for adding data though...