Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What is the cheapest and easiest way to add service time?

Feedback Score

What is the cheapest and easiest way to add service time?

All my buckets are overflowing but my service end date is up in February. I'm still on gsm/at&t towers since we don't have very good verizon coverage here. This makes transfers a pain in the butt so I would like to avoid that hassle.

On ebay I see two "TracFone 1 Year / 365 Days Service + 1GB Data, Digital Direct Refill, All Phones" for $76.99. Is this the way to go to add a year to my phone? Is giving them my cell number safe? Any other alternatives you can suggest?

PRODUCT: TracFone 1 Year Service for Smart Phones With 1GB Data
    No Minutes
    No Text

WHAT PHONES ARE ELIGIBLE: Most TracFone Smart Phones with Balance
    x Some SmartPhones May NOT Be Eligible. It's Solely at TracFone's discretion.
    x NOT Compatible With Basic Phones
    x Suspended Phones Are NOT Eligible

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
    * This is a DIRECT refill, buyer needs to provide number
    Double check your number. We can NOT tell if it's the right one or not
    * Refill will be loaded on SAME or NEXT day after receiving number

Leave your message on "Message to Seller"
    Edit: I should add I bought my phone directly from Samsung and not from Tracfone so no $50 365 day add-on for me.

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Samsung A54
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, Qlink
    Feedback Score
    If you're going to buy from a seller on Ebay that's not Tracfone, be aware that SOME of those sellers use stolen credit cards or shady means to add airtime to your phone. When/if TF catch up with them, the airtime that they added to your phone will be invalidated and you'll have no recourse. Some of those sellers are registered in other countries, out of the reach of US law enforcement.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I don't know if you'll have to pay sales tax when buying from that seller. If you have a Target Red Card, you can buy four 90-day cards at $19.99 each and get 5% off. So the pretax cost at Target is $75.96 and the cards are legit. Although the 90-day card is a Basic card and intended for non-smartphone, TF will let you use it for a smartphone. I used it frequently to activate iPhones that I got from TF.

Feedback Score
    Why not just buy those four from TracFone themselves (via eBay). If you choose guest account and an address in a state without sales tax (I have a favorite Target in Delaware!) You get it for $79.96 through them. And unless they break their eBay fulfillment system (does happen) the pin codes generated will work for a 90 day extension on any phone, smart or not.

I have a similar conundrum with att service so can't do the swap out. For me just using up rewards points and hoping USMobile gets their Death star 5g service up soon to replace it.

Feedback Score
    On eBay, only buy from the official Tracfone store.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 G930V
    Carrier(s)
    TF/VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitflyer View Post
    Why not just buy those four from TracFone themselves (via eBay). If you choose guest account and an address in a state without sales tax (I have a favorite Target in Delaware!) You get it for $79.96 through them. And unless they break their eBay fulfillment system (does happen) the pin codes generated will work for a 90 day extension on any phone, smart or not.
    I'm looking at this link from Ebay/Tracfone. It says "For basic phones only". Are you saying positively this will work on any smartphone as well? Because it ALSO says "There are no returns or refunds on electronically fulfilled Digital PINs."

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PL1 View Post
    I'm looking at this link from Ebay/Tracfone. It says "For basic phones only". Are you saying positively this will work on any smartphone as well?
    I don't know about the one bought from TF on Ebay. I've used the one on Target to activate many TF iPhone11.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 G930V
    Carrier(s)
    TF/VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I don't know about the one bought from TF on Ebay. I've used the one on Target to activate many TF iPhone11.
    Ok, Thanks, I would probably go that way as well.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 G930V
    Carrier(s)
    TF/VZW
    Feedback Score
    "Can this card be used with smart phones
    submitted by
    Ralph - 7 months ago
    A: Hi. This is Katherine from TracFone Wireless. Yes, it can be used with smartphones. Thank you."

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 G930V
    Carrier(s)
    TF/VZW
    Feedback Score
    Still, it's crazy not to take advantage of harvesting the $40 2 pack for $20/Yr.

Tracfone Orbic Journey V (2) + 1 Year of Service with 1200 MIN/1200 TXT/1200MB

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Still, it's crazy not to take advantage of harvesting the $40 2 pack for $20/Yr.
    Harvesting from a bundle is the best option for most people. But the OP is on TF/AT&T and didn't want the hassle of cross-carrier transfers. I did use service times from two flip-phone bundles to activate many Samsung A03s phones in succession. But there were times when I got several free TF iphone11 at the same time and I wanted to get them activated/unlocked ASAP to resell before the price dropped, so doing them in succession was not an option. That's why I used the 90-day card.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 G930V
    Carrier(s)
    TF/VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Harvesting from a bundle is the best option for most people. But the OP is on TF/AT&T and didn't want the hassle of cross-carrier transfers. I did use service times from two flip-phone bundles to activate many Samsung A03s phones in succession. But there were times when I got several free TF iphone11 at the same time and I wanted to get them activated/unlocked ASAP to resell before the price dropped, so doing them in succession was not an option. That's why I used the 90-day card.
    Makes total sense. Good to have the options!

Feedback Score
    Risky for non-VZW lines

AT&T in particular

Tracfone Orbic Journey V (2) + 1 Year of Service with 1200 MIN/1200 TXT/1200MB

Feedback Score
    To provide a data point, I extended my service 2 years by harvesting the Orbic 2 pack. Online I transferred my TF/ATT line to orbic 1, then transferred online to orbic 2, then transferred online to a byod TF/Tmo sim. Now the home phone service is extended two more years. And a bonus, in this rural location, TMo has by far the strongest signal of the three networks.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 G930V
    Carrier(s)
    TF/VZW
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I would think transferring from TF/AT&T to TF/VZW would work fine. The risk would be trying to transfer back to TF/AT&T.
    Now that TF/TMO is included in the starter sim kits, I would think transferring to TF/TMO would also be pretty safe. But the safest of all would be TF/VZW to TF/VWZ. My current service is TF/VZW so the Orbic 2 pack will probably be my choice when the time comes.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast