Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tracfone 1gb Data for under $10 deals

Feedback Score

Tracfone 1gb Data for under $10 deals

Please share any known discounts or other ways to get Tracfone data "add on" for under $10/GB?

For example, retail sales (10 or 20% off), or discounts for buying multiples, etc..
    Are there any websites that track this?

I used to get 2GB from Tracfone for $18, a couple times/year, but that deal isn't available anymore!
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    only way these days is to get the UNL plan bundles that add 24GB and then combine lines.

Yes can be tricky, but you also get a full year added to service time UNL T&T and a crappy phone maybe not even worth locking.

But those GBs are good for 13mo not forever.

Look at MobileX custom plans

Priority data at $2.10 / GB, infinite rollover in effect, never expires

also VZW but higher pings, tunneled.

$ 1.99 /mo line charge to keep your number active

$4.95 UTT, can omit T&T completely

e.g. 1GB plan for $8.59/mo, with UTT

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    If you are willing to pay a minimum of $20 monthly on the unlimited plan which includes 2gb at the $10 rate you can occasionally double up to $40 and get 10 GB stacked on at a $4 rate. Still not really competitive but what I have been doing till I drain out remaining rewards points.

Ymmv on stacking unlimited plans. I have only been on unlimited plans and have some problems redeeming on advance now I only renew right before expiration.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulCrawhorne View Post

But those GBs are good for 13mo not forever.

Where does it say the 24gb expires?

Device(s)
    OnePlus Nord N30 5G, Moto G Stylus, Moto G 5G, LG Classic Flip
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, T-Mo Pre & Post, FreeUp, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PotRoastMan View Post
    That is a very good question!

From the TF website, "Data will carry over."

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    That is a very good question!

From the TF website, "Data will carry over."

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using Tapatalk
    Genuinely curious, because we bought that plan for my wife and it is a good fit for her use but I did not know it wouldn't carry over. However, for myself, it would take years to use 24gb so even at $80 it wouldn't be worthwhile if it expires.

I am on the cheap plan, $18/90 days for 180/180/180. The $20 plan is not worth it for me. I typically only buy a couple extra gb per year, and so even at $18 (the price it used to be) that's worth it for my little bit of use. I mean even at $10/gb it's worth it, but I'm cheap af and trying to find the deals.. lol!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitflyer View Post
    If you are willing to pay a minimum of $20 monthly on the unlimited plan which includes 2gb at the $10 rate you can occasionally double up to $40 and get 10 GB stacked on at a $4 rate. Still not really competitive but what I have been doing till I drain out remaining rewards points.

Ymmv on stacking unlimited plans. I have only been on unlimited plans and have some problems redeeming on advance now I only renew right before expiration.
    If you don't have a active unlimited plan then the gbs will expire, as long as you keep the unlimited plans going you can
    keep any data leftover, at least thats the way it works with the regular unlimited plans, I havent tried a 12 month unlimited plan
    from hsn/qvc but I did once have a 6month unlimited plan after buying a se phone and thats the way it worked..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitflyer View Post
    I have only been on unlimited plans and have some problems redeeming on advance now I only renew right before expiration.
    How close is right before? 1 day before expiration?

Feedback Score
    Two aspects are new here

the one-year UNL plans with 24GB,

and stacking UNL plans

without having PayGo credits "suspended in the background" UNL as an overlay.

What we HAVE seen is the GBs left over when the UNL side expires, only are available to use for 30 days after that date

then the PayGo data takes over

but the opposite has also happened PayGo GBs getting used up first reported once.

So I am not saying this is for sure, but if you feel the 24GB UNL path is "expensive" for you assuming those GB will only be good for 13mo compared to the 1500/1500/1.5GB PayGo plan

then go for the latter, which definitely rolls iver forever.

Do not imagine any accurate clarifying information will be available from the company, y'all need to be pioneers, and will be the ones reporting back in 2025, the only trustworthy crowd-sources

Feedback Score
    There is no cheaper TF way for your use case than the 1500/1500/1.5GB bundles.

At one point I bought a bunch of 2 PACKs for $30

So at 1.5GB rollover forever being worth $15, the T&T and the year of service and the flips were all in effect free

so an extra $10 per GB at your rate of usage is well worth it.

Genuinely curious, because we bought that plan for my wife and it is a good fit for her use but I did not know it wouldn't carry over. However, for myself, it would take years to use 24gb so even at $80 it wouldn't be worthwhile if it expires.

I am on the cheap plan, $18/90 days for 180/180/180. The $20 plan is not worth it for me. I typically only buy a couple extra gb per year, and so even at $18 (the price it used to be) that's worth it for my little bit of use. I mean even at $10/gb it's worth it, but I'm cheap af and trying to find the deals.. lol!

Feedback Score
    Yes data associated with an unlimited plan is supposed to not mix with data from a limited plan. But as with TracFone it's YMMV. Many people have problems mixing and matching these plans, I don't mix and match and still have problems with the unlimited plan

Feedback Score
    As others have said, it won't expire as long as you keep her on an unlimited plan. If you switch her back to buckets, the data is supposed to be good for another 30 days, but it doesn't always work that way.

Here is what the FAQ say:
    How does Tracfone's Unlimited Plans work?
    Unused data will not expire if the service is active and used with one of our Unlimited Talk & Text plans.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulCrawhorne View Post
    There is no cheaper TF way for your use case than the 1500/1500/1.5GB bundles.

At one point I bought a bunch of 2 PACKs for $30

So at 1.5GB rollover forever being worth $15, the T&T and the year of service and the flips were all in effect free

so an extra $10 per GB at your rate of usage is well worth it.

Where did you find 1500/1500/1.5 bundles for $30 Or 2pk for $30? I'll be on the lookout for those...!

Feedback Score
    Where did you find 1500/1500/1.5 bundles for $30 Or 2pk for $30? I'll be on the lookout for those...!
    https://www.qvc.com/tracfone-orbic-j...1.html?sc=SRCH

Currently $63.61

New to QVC®? $15 Off Your First Order of $35 with Code WELCOME15

The $30 off was a holiday deal that has expired.

Net: $63.61 (plus sales tax, if any) -$15 = $48.61 for 2400 each talk/text/data MB and two years of service time.

You have to activate the bundle flip phone. After that you can transfer the number, service units, and service time to another phone (with a new SIM).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast