Thread: Freedompop Freemium question

Device(s)
    Google Pixel 6 Pro, Galaxy J7
    Carrier(s)
    Visible, Freedompop
    Feedback Score

Freedompop Freemium question

I've read three different threads here about the Freedompop free plan but can't find out whether the 10 min/10 txts/10mb plan went away.

Last month, I was 'upgraded' to the $10 unlimited talk and text plan. In the past, when I exceeded txt messages, Freedompop extended my service for the $2 100 talk minutes/text plan.

While the $10 plan is all right, as this phone is a backup phone, I'd prefer to stay with the totally free plan. Rarely do I exceed the texts, most of which are telemarketing. (I enabled RCS, which doesn't work on my J7, but wifi calling does.)

I read about the Walmart Freedompop SIM card, which offers free service 100 minutes/texts/mb a month, which is even better. Should I buy this card and switch from my current Freedompop service linked to the current Freedompop plan? Or would I even be able to switch plans via a new SIM card since I'm already with Freedompop?

Thank you for any help and/or answers. j c

Feedback Score
    The GSMA 10/10/25 plan did not go away. You should be able to downgrade back to it:
    https://help.freedompop.com/downgrad...reedompop-plan

If you cannot, contact FreedomPop (and if necessary, point them to the link above).

https://help.freedompop.com/automatic-top-ups
    . . . Premium SIMs Purchased from Online
    Our Freemium plan includes Unlimited WiFi calling, 10 minutes of talk time, 10 text messages (SMS), and 25 MBs of LTE data.
    . . .
    If you decide later that you want to revert to the Freemium Plan . . .

Conversely for GSMT, I have read about people not being able to downgrade back to GSMT 300/1000/100.

I last asked chat (bottom right corner of https://www.freedompop.com) in October to upgrade to a Target SIM:
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...3#post17262203

So for $5 + tax, I kept the same phone number, and 100/100/100 auto renews (after subscribing to 100/100/100 myself, see link above).

As you found out, Walmart now sells the same SIM as Target.
    Last edited by andyk88; 01-27-2024 at 02:09 PM.

Device(s)
    Google Pixel 6 Pro, Galaxy J7
    Carrier(s)
    Visible, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    You're correct, but it was hard to find out.

I couldn't find the downgrade link from my account page. The 'virtual' chat turned out to be USELESS chat. The links they gave me were a 404 error.

Meanwhile, I saw where I could go through the motions to renew the $10 unlimited plan. At the final screen was a link to downgrade, which enables me to revert to 10/10/10mb plan. I just don't see that plan openly listed on the plans page.

Other than that chat problem, I've found that Freedompop's service is pretty good for my needs, especially when I need a backup carrier.

Feedback Score
    People on here are using virtual cc & then canceling them or using prepaid cards with just a few cents on them.
    Visible (by Verizon) receive $20 off the first month. Please Private Message me for referral code.

I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; loved ones & strangers alike.

My plans:
    Visible (Verizon) UTTD $25/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 12.25.23
    FreedomPop (AT&T) Target $4.99 once 100 TTD a month each 29th

Feedback Score
    Some also have "one time use only" virtual cards

or VCs where you can set a max limit.

Some merchants can refuse to accept any VCs though so YMMV