Thread: Question about changing a phone number

Feedback Score

Question about changing a phone number

When you change a phone number using MINC, do you get the option to specify a zip code? Or do you get a new phone number with the same area code as before?

My friend is moving to a different state, and thinks it will be cool to get a new number that's local to the new place. I have cautioned her about messing around with anything related to Tracfone but she still wants to try it, so I thought I'd find out here.

Thank you for all help!
    Will happily share referral code for Red Pocket (gives you up to $25 off first month), and Tracfone referral code (gives you $35 in rewards points) - please PM me if you'd like to use my codes. You’ll also get great karma for helping out this starving student! Thank you!

Feedback Score
    Best would be to actually choose your number elsewhere, and port it in

might need to be onto a new activation

If the bucket / balance is worth a lot, say over $50, then do a combine (tricky PITA but still do-able)

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Samsung A54
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, Qlink
    Feedback Score
    I've done it before but don't remember if it asked for a zip code. Best to chat with TF and ask, rather than following some hare-brained scheme.

Feedback Score
    Hope it works for you. I've been trying MINC for days, just comes back with "unable to process your request, try again later."

Device(s)
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, Moto Edge+, Moto G Stylus 2021
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    MINC does ask for a ZIP code. I have done it before, but it's not working right now: "We apologize. We’re unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later."

Edit: text history shows that, after texting MINC to 611611: "To change your phone number, please provide your 5 digit zip code". After entering a zip code: "Great! We're ready to assign a new phone number in this ZIP code. Keep in mind you will lose your current number. To cancel, reply N. To change your number, reply Y."

Feedback Score
    Thanks so much for your replies. I got a PM from AlexTrac saying yes, it asks for a zip code. The funny thing is, given AlexTrac's past track record, I assumed it was baloney!