Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tracfone/Verizon Cell Tower Issue

Feedback Score

Tracfone/Verizon Cell Tower Issue

I use two Tracfones. One is a Moto Pure and the other is a Samsung A03. Two weeks ago, Both phones started having connection issues. My Moto would sometimes make a call and other times it would say "server unreachable". Similar issues with texting and data. Both phones work sometimes and other times they don't. I live 0.7 miles from a Verizon cell tower and get a good signal. We have been using tracfone for over 10 years from the same location. No Problems. When we travel to an area further away (5 miles or more) Both phones work Fine. So, I believe something is wrong with the cell tower/server.
    I've been through the CS folly several times. Chat, regular phone agents, at corporate numbers(305 640-2000 x1029, 305-715-6500x1029 ,800-626-4883x3324 , etc. Reseting phones, updating, etc. Many hours spent . They will not listen and only follow their script, and I have not been able to get to a higher level Manager.
    Also, I have read and searched through 100 or more threads at this forum, looking for an answer to this problem.
    Any Suggestions? I appreciate your thoughts, thanks

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Samsung A54
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, Qlink
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmcg View Post
    I live 0.7 miles from a Verizon cell tower and get a good signal. We have been using tracfone for over 10 years from the same location. No Problems. When we travel to an area further away (5 miles or more) Both phones work Fine. So, I believe something is wrong with the cell tower/server.
    If your phones work fine at another location but have problems at your home, that seems to indicate there's a problem with the tower near your home. If that's the case, there's nothing that TF can do about it. TF is just a reseller of service which they bought from Verizon (now their parent company). A person who has direct service with Verizon can file/report the problem with Verizon, but Verizon won't help you because you're not a direct customer.

Check with your neighbors and see if any of them is a direct Verizon customer. If yes and they also have signal problems, ask them to report it to Verizon.

Feedback Score
    For $20 you can test that theory with Visible

truly unlimited GBs per month

https://www.visible.com

Also, you should be able to try switching an existing line over to TMO network for $1 and stay with TF, keeping your buckets

Feedback Score
    Thanks, good suggestions. I will check with some neighbors.

Sorry, What is TMO?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S22 Ultra, Pixel 7, iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone (VZW), Red Pocket (TMO), Cricket (ATT), FreeUp (ATT)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, good suggestions. I will check with some neighbors.

Sorry, What is TMO?
    TMO - T-Mobile

Feedback Score
    Might be time for a 5g phone

Device(s)
    Samsung A52 5G, Moto G Power, Moto E6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, H2o, Tracfone, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Verizon may be doing upgrades on the local tower. They're making changes all over the country and turning off "Nationwide 5G" in many locations. Everything is pretty much LTE+ here now with few exceptions. Used to be 5G almost everywhere but rarely see it now

Sent from my SM-S536DL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Samsung A54
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, Qlink
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kaZZoo View Post
    Might be time for a 5g phone
    I have several 5G phones but turned off 5G in network settings because the 4G signals are stronger.

Device(s)
    Samsung A52 5G, Moto G Power, Moto E6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, H2o, Tracfone, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I have several 5G phones but turned off 5G in network settings because the 4G signals are stronger.
    Yeah I think they've discovered that "Nationwide 5G" is actually a resource hog and does more harm than good. For now it seems the 5G indicator will only come on if C-band or Millimeter wave are available.

Sent from my SM-S536DL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Both my phones are 4g LTE. And work perfect in other locations. We are fine with 4g for now since we use very little data, no streaming.

I'm hoping it's a temporary issue and might go away with a tower update.

Feedback Score
    Find out what tower and band you’re connected to.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...US&gl=US&pli=1

Feedback Score
    As has been mentioned. My understanding is yes Verizon is not only phasing out the NW"DSS" version of 5G but also down grading LTE in some areas. All with the plan to get to SA (standalone) 5G. Some LTE frequencies are going to be used for SA 5G. There will still be low band 5G (ie NW) which is now basically shared with LTE via DSS. Some of those current DSS low bands will become SA 5G instead of shared with LTE so you'll still have coverage in rural area. There will always be some level of low band 5G since UW (c-band and mmwave) have limited range for many areas to get.
    As mentioned, time for a 5G phone if in one of those areas now.

Or, they could just be messing with your tower.

Feedback Score
    I have a new Samsung A14 5G that I recently purchased from QVC. However, I have been reluctant to activate it with this issue.

If I can't get things working here at home, I'll send it back.

BTW $89.99 for the A14 5G Bundle, Great Deal.

Feedback Score
    I have a new Samsung A14 5G that I recently purchased from QVC. However, I have been reluctant to activate it with this issue.

If I can't get things working here at home, I'll send it back.

BTW $89.99 for the A14 5G Bundle, Great Deal.
    Why reluctant? If it is the LTE issue in your area that I described, 5G may be your savior. The A14 has 5G c-band too if they upgraded your area to that. If it's just a temporary issue with LTE on your tower you'd still be ahead of the game with the A14.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kaZZoo View Post
    Find out what tower and band you’re connected to.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...US&gl=US&pli=1
    So i take it you never followed thru.

Just ran a test, dug out a LTE android i had laying around, the LTE phone is connecting to a tower 6 miles away while my 5g phone is connecting to a tower less then a 1/4 mile away.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast