Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cell Tower Map for PA

Device(s)
    Siemens SX-66
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score

Cell Tower Map for PA

Does anyone have a cell tower location map for PA. Looking for both the Partners market and Comm market. I live in Northeast PA. There was a web site along time ago that had this info, but i guess it went poof. Any help would be appreciated. Post a link if ya can here.

pm me or Aim me at Rikster29

thanks

Device(s)
    Flogging an i880 w/no camera - and I like it!
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score

Re: Cell Tower Map for PA

Originally posted by Rikster2002
    Does anyone have a cell tower location map for PA. Looking for both the Partners market and Comm market. I live in Northeast PA. There was a web site along time ago that had this info, but i guess it went poof. Any help would be appreciated. Post a link if ya can here.

pm me or Aim me at Rikster29

thanks
    Easily found on Nextel.com

http://www.nextel.com/cgi-bin/localM...i?market=mkt54

-Andy

Device(s)
    Siemens SX-66
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Wasn't looking for a coverage map. I want locations of towers. I have seen lists and maps of these b4, but can't find them now. if someone finds them, please post a link or contact me

Rick

AIM=Rikster29
    [email protected]

Device(s)
    Nokia 3650
    Carrier(s)
    No more Nextel,
    Feedback Score

Yea

I'd like the same, living in philly I get good service, but when I go for my daughter in York County (south central)I get **** signal in that one area of York, so would like to see where towers or proposed towers are.

Device(s)
    Nextel i830
    Feedback Score
    dream on.....

Device(s)
    Nokia 3650
    Carrier(s)
    No more Nextel,
    Feedback Score

Nah

I enjoy my dreams, cuz I've seen em somewhere before too, just can't remember where.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm / IC902
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel &
    Feedback Score
    I don't have actual maps... but I've compiled a list of Nextel site locations and posted it here:
    http://www.927.org/nextelsites
    -VOCODER-
    Two-way radio geek & IT guy

Device(s)
    Siemens SX-66
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Excellent list...Kudos to Vocoder, now how bout a Lat/Log converter to show these on a map.....I know i am asking for a lot, but this would be greatly appreciated.

Rick

Device(s)
    i730 / i860 / i870 / i580(Nextel)
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Go to map quest and start typing in the street addresses. Just did that for my area in Maryland. Open a map based on your address or the address you want to get a general fix on. Then click on add a location and type them in one at a time. When you finish click update map and you have your own tower map.

What is considered to be a fair distance from the tower to include coverage with minimal obstructions and no topograhy changes? 15 miles?
    Last edited by The Giz; 09-07-2003 at 08:57 AM.

Device(s)
    Siemens SX-66
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Excellent,, i am doing that now ,,, great work

Well,, you can't add a Lat/Long location only an address. hmmm will have to play with it a little
    Last edited by Rikster2002; 09-07-2003 at 09:33 AM.

Device(s)
    i730
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    That's an awesome list, but where did you get all the locations? I'm from Nebraska and there are a TON of listed sites that I know for a fact don't have a Nextel tower..Some of them are 200+ miles from there nearsest place that offers Nextel service.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6016i
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Ikahn
    That's an awesome list, but where did you get all the locations? I'm from Nebraska and there are a TON of listed sites that I know for a fact don't have a Nextel tower..Some of them are 200+ miles from there nearsest place that offers Nextel service.
    The FCC ULS Industrial Pool database. With respect to the FCC records keep two things in mind; it can and is rife with errors on the coordinate data or even the street address and those records include stuff for Nextel SMR in addition to iDEN ESMR licenses. This is stuff that goes back to Nextel's days as Fleet Call, Inc. (some licenses show up as FCI 900, Inc.). Also many of those licenses are in areas operated by Nextel Partners (who shows up as Nextel WIP License or something like that). This is a good hunch that the license is probably for the older analog SMR service.

Most Nextel iDEN stuff is licensed under the Nextel Communications of the Mid-Atlantic name. Atleast in most of Virginia, DC, MD and DE. North Carolina (atleast NE) is under the name of Nextel License Holdings 1, Inc.

I'm not sure what filter that pdf has done of the FCCs database but it might want to throw out anything that isn't not an Interconnected license as well as anything that doesn't have a YX service code.

Standard caveat; FCC database does not include all Nextel iDEN sites but they are getting close to complete with the latest filings.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6016i
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Rikster2002
    Excellent,, i am doing that now ,,, great work

Well,, you can't add a Lat/Long location only an address. hmmm will have to play with it a little
    For any real work I would recommend a general street mapping utility. If you store your data in a spread sheet I'd recommend Streets & Trips (only if your data is prepared in seperate sources as getting it out of streets is a pain in the *** =[) or Delorme. I've had some decent success with Streets and cell site mapping. Its draw tools leave much to be desired and if you mapp alot of different carriers your going to need to make some custom colored triangles.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm / IC902
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel &
    Feedback Score
    PBW is correct... THe FCC database is full of junk.. I did my best to weed that out using the following criteria:

Service Code= "YX"
    Station Class=FB2C (Mobile Relay station with Interconnect)
    Frequencies at the site: Greater than 20 (should eliminate most SMR systems)
    Modulation type = "20K07W" (common nextel digital format)
    Licence holder contains "Nextel"
    Status= "Active" (not "expired, deleted, cancelled etc..)

And Ikhan - it's probable that you're seeing sites that are licensed, and not yet built and/or on the air....

Device(s)
    Nextel i830
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by The Giz

What is considered to be a fair distance from the tower to include coverage with minimal obstructions and no topograhy changes? 15 miles?

it's more like 4 or 5.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast