Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Handy hints for P800

Device(s)
    Telecomms &
    Carrier(s)
    MTN: You have 2 work with these guys 4 a bit 2 c how good they r vs Vodacom!
    Feedback Score
    @plevyadophy:
    YEEEHAAAA: 1.5Mb free now at 6.5Mb on a 16Mb stick!! BRILLIANT!
    Thanks for that tip

@dtako: Sorry

@zhubajie: Thanks for the effort - no joy even wif ur lnk file. I just KNOW that I'm gonna read a thread one day that shows I'm being dumb...

Device(s)
    Telecomms &
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I'll bet you've all gotten this wrong at some time:
    Once you have a favorite ringtone, put it in your C drive and re-select it. This way, your phone does not revert to the default tone every time you remove your MSD (how many times have you missed hearing that strange noise that's not yours?)

Device(s)
    SonyEricsson P800
    Carrier(s)
    At&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by craigiecraigie4
    Once you have a favorite ringtone, put it in your C drive and re-select it.
    Okay, I'll admit it right off. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. What do you mean by "put it in your C drive and reselect it". Do you mean I should put it in, say, the My Music folder then move it to my P800 and select it? I think I'm missing something. And I don't mean a couple of dozen IQ points. The only tip on HoFo I've been able to manage so far is storing my memory stick on top of my battery.
    Gracias.

Device(s)
    Telecomms &
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    You can store ringtones in any directory on either your internal memory (C or memory stick (D. Wherever u store them, you can find and select them when setting ringtones and alarms (which are done in several places throughout phone).

Here's the tip: If u store them on your memory stick (D, when U remove the memory stick the phone recognises that the tone has gone, and resets itself to the default tones of the phone. When U put the stick back in, the tone does not go back to what you initially chose. If U store the tones on your internal memory - you can;t remove it by mistake and thus you never have this problem.

Device(s)
    SonyEricsson P800
    Carrier(s)
    At&T Wireless
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb

I got it!!! I've lost my ringtone before and didn't understand why. Now I do! I can't believe it! I actually understood something I can use on my P800! And I can apply it and use it! And I didn't get a nosebleed trying to figure it out! I know this kinda thing is cake to you P800 pros (soon to be P900 pros) but it's a biggie deal to me. BTW, when you get your P900's please don't abandon us P800 users.

Thank you!

Device(s)
    SE P800
    Carrier(s)
    Orange UK
    Feedback Score
    A good tip that I found out was that, if like me you find the stylus to be a little light and flimsy, get some palmpilot styli and use them as they make everything so much easier and the accuracy is greatly improved.

The only issue is where you keep it when its not being used !

Device(s)
    Nokia 6600
    Feedback Score
    where can you fit the MSDuo under the battery cover? I tried just one and there is a big space between the cover and the phone.

Device(s)
    Ericsson T39m
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile UK
    Feedback Score

CHEAP DIY SCREEN PROTECTORS

Look here for two tips (one by me ) :

http://my-symbian.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10477

Device(s)
    Ericsson T39m
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile UK
    Feedback Score

STORING LONG/OLD LIST OF CONTACT NUMBERS

The P800 can handle a great deal of contacts (1000+) and calender entries (years worth) so I wouldn't be too concerned about volume of data for most users' needs. One other quite useful tip is that if you place groups of old contacts into the P800s jotter application then phone numbers, etc., are recognised as active links - ie. click on them and the P800 calls the number. I find this very useful for storing phone lists in the P800, rather than adding people as separate contacts.

Source: (author: smbw) http://my-symbian.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7856

Device(s)
    Moto Q9h Global
    Carrier(s)
    The big T
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by DimeTech
    where can you fit the MSDuo under the battery cover? I tried just one and there is a big space between the cover and the phone.
    From some of the pics posted here showing the inside of the battery cover, it would appear that different covers are available or manufactured. My P800 that I got from AWS has these horizontal ribs that go across the inside of the battery cover, which would increase rigidity, but decrease the amount of space for additional MSDs. I did however manage to fit one, horizontally, without the vinyl jacket up near the latch. There's just enough room for the MSD, with only a very slight gap created. I would take a pic, but left my digicam @ home and can't twist the P800 around to take a pic of itself

I can't help but wonder if the heat that's given off by the battery during high-use periods would negatively impact the MSD(s) that are stored directly on top of it...

Device(s)
    Ericsson T39m
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile UK
    Feedback Score

How to backup pictures saved in Contacts

Look here for two tips (one by me )

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic...39960&forum=35

Device(s)
    Telecomms &
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Kewl tip for frequent dialers (or driver-dialers):
    The list of speed dials is WAY too short at 9 numbers. But most ppl have contact lists that run into hundreds so using the contacts list as the main dialing entry point is not an option. Here's a really useful balance:
    Create a new contacts folder called "SpeedDial", and assign all your frequently used contacts to this folder (open contact then select folder). Then make sure that your contacts list is showing the "SpeedDial" folder (as opposed to "All" or "Business"). Now, when u got to contacts, there is a reasonably short list that you can scroll thro whilst driving - full jog-dial dialing without your fingers!

To make it 100% jog dial driven, you can go a step further with tracker 3: Whatever skin you're using, go to your home page and create an icon for contacts. Now u can use button to go to tracker (whatever you've set yourself), jog to select contacts shortcut (it's the only shortcut on my homepage), jog to find contact, jog to call. No screen touching. WINNER!

Device(s)
    SonyEricsson P800
    Carrier(s)
    At&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by DimeTech
    There's a picture of how it's done somewhere here, but I don't wanna look for it. You can do a search, tho. It will fit if you keep it in it's little plastic sleeve. That's how I learned to do it.

Device(s)
    P910i
    Carrier(s)
    Orange
    Feedback Score
    I tried two duo's and they fit snug if you lay them sideways together with no movement i've noticed. Not had any problems with heat, the duo in it's slot is just below the battery so why any probs with a couple above
    'Live long and prosper' Well long enough to see the next wave of gadgets

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson P800
    Feedback Score
    Some cool tips ta, just off to try some of them
    Need a case to exactly fit your portable device? (Mobile phone's, Laptop's, Cameras, PDA's?)
    Visit http://www.thepouch.co.uk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast