Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: OK - Which VX6000 cable to buy already?

Device(s)
    LG enV Touch (me)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Question OK - Which VX6000 cable to buy already?

I have read all posts about the different cables for the VX6000, but still do not know what each will or will not do (specifically). Can someone who has used both, maybe make a list?

Never mind the price, we all know Verizon kit/cable is $70, the futuredial 1200 cable is $29, and the 1XEXPRESS cable (if it ever comes out)(and you preordered) will be $35.

OK - so we have 3 cables right? One comes with software (Verizon cable). The others will use Gagin or Bitpim? (downloadable).

Can someone who has tested cables and specifically knows what each cable will or will not do, or what software will or will not work with said cable. please make a list. I am sure everyone wanting a cable would like this information before buying a cable.

Which cables works with what software?
    Which cable best for Express Network?
    Which cable/software works for transfers - ringtones - pictures etc..?
    Which cable/software for syncing data? phone book etc...
    Which cable/software for editing phone text? etc...
    etc... etc... etc...

Thanks,
    Nethead29

Device(s)
    LG enV Touch (me)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ok - what if everyone just posts what they know for sure, from using each cable and or software and we make a list after that ?

Device(s)
    LG 6000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    yah im looking for the same inforrmation... can people start posting whatever they know about their current cable?

Device(s)
    LG VX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ok, I have a VX6000 that I purchased off eBay about three weeks ago.

I bought the Mobile Office Kit directly from Verizon late last week for $73.99 including shipping. I got my kit/cable this past Wednesday.

I'm using the LG USB Drivers from the CDROM supplied by Verizon... I run Windows XP on my desktop and Windows 2000 on my laptop.

1: I setup my plan to use Express Network from my minutes without having to pay a flat fee. I connect from my laptop with my cell phone to the Express Network and it's great. I speedtest at around 125 to 130k download and 90 to 120k upload. It works great dialing with the built-in dialers in XP and 2000 (not using the Verizon software) to #777 using <myphonenumber>@vzw3g.com as my username and "vzw" as my password.

2: I have tried to use GAGIN, but can only access the sound directory on my phone, nothing else. No other files appear at all! Can't get to the pictures either.

3: BitPim errors out no matter what. It gives me some error messages that talk about the VX4400 and files from the 4400. Can't do squat with this BitPim program yet. I have read that if I uninstall the LG USB drivers and install the Futuredial USB drivers then GAGIN and/or BITPIM will work, but haven't tried that yet.

4: There is software included with the Verizon kit that allows sync with Outlook! This software is included with the Verizon kit/cable and it works great! I haven't had any issues with it yet. It's even good for manually editing the phonebook on your phone from your PC (without syncing with Outlook)...

My main goal now is to be able to both upload and download pictures to/from the phone...

That's my input!
    Last edited by mpscan; 10-03-2003 at 09:47 PM.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6131
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

I have the 1200 cable from futuredial

I use the cable on my powerbook g4 to connect to the internet, and on my wintel xp box to mess with gagin/bitpim and files. the only complaint i have is the express network speeds are around 60kbps (plenty fast for web surfing & emailing) because the cable emulates a serial connection. I had an a530 and and futuredial cable and with that combo and my powerbook g4 would get d/l and u/l speeds of over 100kbps. thats the only "complaint" i have with the futuredial1200 cable, and its not very major to me

Device(s)
    LG enV Touch (me)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Geez! I thought more than 2 people had cables already on this forum.

How about someone doing a poll that knows how to, with the right choices listed to help the rest of us looking to purchase a cable make the right choice?

300 views and only 2 replys about cables??? So 290+ people much be interested in buying a cable ? Should be enough of an interest for people with cables to help.

Thanks to the two of you that took the time to let us know your findings.

to you two!

Device(s)
    iPhone(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    My best answer:
    Q: What is better a truck or a car?
    A: Depends what you want to do with them.

Neither cable or related software drivers does it all, not yet anyway.
    You need to pick the one that best suites your needs.
    Want to hack the phone? Go w/ the futuredial cable. .
    Want to sync to Outlook? Go for the VZW cable and the included drivers/software.

EDIT:
    Wait a tick… Major Brain Fart
    Another option is to buy the VZW cable, install the VZW software on one computer and the futuredial software on another. Assuming you have 2 computers.
    That’s exactly what I’m going to do.
    Last edited by bbm3; 10-05-2003 at 12:37 PM.

Device(s)
    LGVX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Still Confused ...

Have been reading the assorted cable threads. I would like to be able to do three things with a cable :
    1) synch outlook address book
    2) synch outlook calendar
    3) exchange pics and tones with PC and phone
    Is the LG cable and supplied software able to do all three ?
    Thanks, for the clarification ...

Device(s)
    VX 6000
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score

Red face LG Cable from vzw

I just installed the cable from Verizon today.

First, it will let you COPY your address book and then send it to the VX 6000. Note that it DOES NOT SYNC the data bases. If you update on the phone, and also update something else on the PC (Outlook) you will lose one of the updates when you try to "sync" the two.

Second, the supplied software does not support calendar sync, or copying for that matter.

Device(s)
    LG enV Touch (me)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

My findings.....

OK - I ordered the Futuredial 1200 cable/installed Prolific drivers/set phone port to RS-232, and this is what I have been able to do so far:

1. Remove the "Verizon Wireless" so called banner (home area indicator)

2. Move pictures/wallpaper/ringtones to and from phone.

3. Setup and use Express Network and Quick2Net.

4. Load phonebook into Bitpim.

The above was done with BitPim .61. I think a few people may be getting confused and having problems in a couple of areas.

Bitpim was written for the 4400 not the 6000, and not all functions work. You can get phonebook data only (not calender/wallpaper/ringtones, using .....=Data=get phone data... and just putting a check in phonebook, nothing else. A check in anything else will cause the errors alot are experiencing.

To do 1. & 2., you need to go to =view= and put a check in =file system=, to enable the file system tab. From there you click on the + folder to recieve you phones file system. From here you are on your own...... read read read - don't you love hearing that?

I think this is correct also. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

People may be having problems because some of the following information being switched:

If you are using:

Futuredial 1200 cable, use only the Prolific drivers and set the phones port to RS-232.

If you are using:

Verizon/LG office kit cable, use only the LG drivers and set the phones port to USB.

From what I have read it seems a few of you may be using wrong drivers and/or port setting for the cable you have.

I have also been able to view some of the filesystem using Gagin, but only checked to see if it worked, didn't try anything yet.

So the bottom line is, to do everything at this point it seems we need two cables.

The Futuredial cable seems to do all except sync your info - contacts etc.... and the Verizon Office kit will take care of that.

Best thing is to have one cable and software/drivers on one PC and the other on another PC.

Hopefully 1XExpress will come through with one cable and software that will do it all, if it ever comes out.

After reading - reading - reading for hours/days this is where I got and I hope passing this on helps someone.

Good Luck,
    Nethead
    Last edited by Nethead28; 10-19-2003 at 07:42 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    the 1xexpress cable is alomst out and we only have limited quanities left the cable is actually designed for the vx6000 so it should work better it costs $35.00

Device(s)
    Motorola V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Audiovox 9500

I've got the 9500 with the futuredial cable for the 9155. I've been able to upload pics and ringtones using Brewapploader w/ balpatch 9. I've tried the snapdialer to try to connect to EN ... didnt work. I tried using windows dialer (XP), .... didnt work. I wonder if anybody knows if I can even use the futuredial cable for this or if I need the one from verizon w/ the dialer???

Device(s)
    Motorola V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

sorry lg forum

I didnt notice it was an lg forum till after my post, but if anybody can help id appreciate it

Device(s)
    LG VX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

cables and software

Actually, I've seen 7 cables in the forum:

3G
    Factory Direct Cellular
    Cellular Accessories
    Future Dial
    TangShop
    Verizon OEM kit
    and now the 1express.

Now correct if I'm wrong, but the software required to download ringtones, etc., and to move pics around does not come with most of these cables. Verizon kit does & Factory Direct Cellular. The rest require you to purchase software like 'snap synch' at $20-30.

Has anyone tried the Factory Direct Cable?

Device(s)
    HTC Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO
    Feedback Score
    what about this one http://store.yahoo.com/cellularacces...vx6000usb.html

seems like a good deal. I just need to transfer ringers and pics and sync my contacts

thanks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast